Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    just_one said:

IT'S IN MY TOWN!!! as of 8am this morning it's out for delivery...now the waiting game! so excited!

i'll honestly be happy with whatever i get considering i'm brand new at collecting vinyl. my boyfriend got me my first record player and vinyl (ten reissue) this past christmas. :) now i have lightning bolt, so yeah, whatever i get i'll be grateful for!

you can always get Ten or LB ;) lol

i hope you dont tho :)
    i know, but honestly i would be happy just for a chance at any of these rare vinyls. :smiley:
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,963

just_one said:

IT'S IN MY TOWN!!! as of 8am this morning it's out for delivery...now the waiting game! so excited!

i'll honestly be happy with whatever i get considering i'm brand new at collecting vinyl. my boyfriend got me my first record player and vinyl (ten reissue) this past christmas. :) now i have lightning bolt, so yeah, whatever i get i'll be grateful for!

you can always get Ten or LB ;) lol

i hope you dont tho :)
    i know, but honestly i would be happy just for a chance at any of these rare vinyls. :smiley:
    same here , i already got Ten , LB and Live on 10 Legs but even if i get a black backspacer i would be happy :)
  • Options
    sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760

stukatz said:

Hawk123 said:

PJ_Soul said:

second benny.. Canada. Outside of Toronto

Wondering if the person crossed the border to pick up from a US address? No one else is Canada is receiving anything yet.
    Nope, was delivered and left on my front door! Wife new I was waiting on a 10c package and saw how big it was and called me!
    I wonder if the bennys were shipped differently because of their value. This is just way too fast compared to regular shipping to Canada. Congrats on the score!
    You are probably correct, there is no way a normal TC package gets to Canada, anywhere in Canada that fast. It was probably sent via UPS and not mail innovations. Congrats youngvedder! Great score. I hope it's spinnng!
    Ya, came in a big box, "Fragile" stickers on it and came via UPS directly to my door. And lots of bubble wrap!

Congrats!!

Just curious if your tracking actually worked?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    edited May 2015

Moonlander and lavender Music for Film... both of which I already own.

My extra McCready vinyl has already found a new home.

If anyone is interested in my extra Moonlander, here's what I'm looking for, in order of preference:
    - Any 2 Ape/Man bootlegs (looking for #5, 9, 10, 29, 38, 40, 41, 43, 51, 62, 64, 70)
    - PJ vs Ames book (green)
    - RNDM Acts vinyl (black)

New homes found for both my duplicates! Thanks!!
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,212

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

I did that yesterday when my drunk friend started to weep at that song from the movie Ghost,as it came on the radio. I about crash my car from laughing so hard.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016
    There's one new Benny LP on eBay. Listed as in original wrap and stored upright since receiving it.
    ...would that be since receiving it yesterday?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,220
    edited April 2015
    mace1229 said:

There's one new Benny LP on eBay. Listed as in original wrap and stored upright since receiving it.

Could you imagine if an existing owner got a 2nd copy. What would you do with it? Sell the first copy or trade the second copy? :) I'd personally try and trade for a few of my holy grails like an original soldier field vinyl and a coloured pj20. I don't think I'd sell one on ebay unless I couldn't make the trade and needed to convert to cash to buy those two items with the proceeds.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    mace1229 said:

The numbering would mean it's an original. The ones from the mystery sale have been numbered with 15RSDxx.

• Options
    kasedoug said:

mace1229 said:

The numbering would mean it's an original. The ones from the mystery sale have been numbered with 15RSDxx.

Thats pretty cool. I had no idea they numbered them differently. I just assumed they stashed a few of the original 2000 away until now
  • Options
    mikeliskamikeliska Posts: 248
    Zod said:

Could you imagine if an existing owner got a 2nd copy. What would you do with it? Sell the first copy or trade the second copy? :) I'd personally try and trade for a few of my holy grails like an original soldier field vinyl and a coloured pj20. I don't think I'd sell one on ebay unless I couldn't make the trade and needed to convert to cash to buy those two items with the proceeds.

I think it's probably pretty tough to match up expensive, limited things that you're willing to trade with expensive, limited things other people are willing to trade. It would probably be a lot easier to sell one and buy the other.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,897
    kasedoug said:

mace1229 said:

This is what is cool. Ten Club will know exactly who is selling their RSD copy.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    kasedoug said:

mace1229 said:

Thats pretty cool. I had no idea they numbered them differently. I just assumed they stashed a few of the original 2000 away until now
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mace1229 said:

kasedoug said:

mace1229 said:

Benny's are hand numbered, so theoretically none of them were officially numbered (well none of them were machine numbered). Therefor the 10c can write whatever they want on them :) The original ones are hand numbered up to 2000. For the last batches (mystery vinyl, pop up shops etc..) they write something in to reflect when/where it was sold. I'm still not sure how many benny's there are. I think they sold 50 of them at the Seattle pop up in 2013. Maybe 10 the one before that. I wouldn't be surprised if they did an overrun of 10% when making them (to deal with defects or lost mail). So that could be a few hundred extra on top of 2000. Then again there aren't many around numbered in the first few hundred, so maybe they started numbering higher up.

It's amazing how the 10c never seems to completely run out of things. I often wonder how much they truly have stashed away in the warehouse.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options

kasedoug said:

mace1229 said:

This is what is cool. Ten Club will know exactly who is selling their RSD copy.
    Which means if you already had one you'd be better off selling/trading your original copy and keeping the new one (which might of happened in this case).
  • Options
    rock4everrock4ever Posts: 237
    No news of been able to track the package to UK , just says we have found your package , so guessing I'll see it in the next 8weeks , as normal
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I've got a question... With all these sealed red LB's being received, are they the original flawed ones? I thought the original red variants were flawed, and red replacements were sent out in paper sleeves only. I'm sure 10c wouldn't knowingly send out bad vinyl... Just curious.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    3days said:

I've got a question... With all these sealed red LB's being received, are they the original flawed ones? I thought the original red variants were flawed, and red replacements were sent out in paper sleeves only. I'm sure 10c wouldn't knowingly send out bad vinyl... Just curious.

I was also wondering that. Red ones were also defective on the first printing??
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    EvoLukinEvoLukin Posts: 188
    Got my 2nd "Sevens" box.
    "Smelly Velvet"-EV on Stone's velvet shorts(ATL 94)

Atlanta,GA 1994 1&2
    N.Charleston, SC 1996
    Greenville, SC 1998
    Atlanta, GA 2000
    Columbia, SC 2008
    EV(2009) - Atlanta 1
  • Options
    EvoLukin said:

Got my 2nd "Sevens" box.

I will refund your mystery box cost if you send it to me. ;)
  • Options
    EvoLukinEvoLukin Posts: 188

EvoLukin said:

Got my 2nd "Sevens" box.

Think I'm gonna hold on. Might come in useful for a future trade.
    "Smelly Velvet"-EV on Stone's velvet shorts(ATL 94)

Atlanta,GA 1994 1&2
    N.Charleston, SC 1996
    Greenville, SC 1998
    Atlanta, GA 2000
    Columbia, SC 2008
    EV(2009) - Atlanta 1
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

Wondering if the person crossed the border to pick up from a US address? No one else is Canada is receiving anything yet.
    He said it was delivered to his door, in Canada.
    Interesting. Do the Bennys get expidited int'l shipping

3days said:

They were, and I assume these must be from the original pressing, as I don't think they sealed up any red ones in the second pressing (although don't know for sure). But the two original reds that I got weren't TOO flawed. They both had some pops on them, but not too bad. One was much better than the other, and both were still reasonably playable. Of course, that might have just been good luck. Other red originals might have been really fucked up.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

He said it was delivered to his door, in Canada.
    Interesting. Do the Bennys get expidited int'l shipping

3days said:

They were, and I assume these must be from the original pressing, as I don't think they sealed up any red ones in the second pressing (although don't know for sure). But the two original reds that I got weren't TOO flawed. They both had some pops on them, but not too bad. One was much better than the other, and both were still reasonably playable. Of course, that might have just been good luck. Other red originals might have been really fucked up.
    Damn you got 2? Lucky duck.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    EvoLukin said:

EvoLukin said:

Got my 2nd "Sevens" box.

Think I'm gonna hold on. Might come in useful for a future trade.
    Right on.

Anyone else reading, if you get a duplicate Riot Act, ITW, Avocado, or Sevens I will pay for your mystery box costs including the shipping to take it off your hands. Help a fellow member out!
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options

Moonlander and lavender Music for Film... both of which I already own.

My extra McCready vinyl has already found a new home.

If anyone is interested in my extra Moonlander, here's what I'm looking for, in order of preference:
    - Any 2 Ape/Man bootlegs (looking for #5, 9, 10, 29, 38, 40, 41, 43, 51, 62, 64, 70)
    - PJ vs Ames book (green)
    - RNDM Acts vinyl (black)
    I have an extra RNDM. I've never listened to Moonlander but it would be nice to have something I don't already own. Let me know if you are interested in trading.
  • Options
    Rob ArmRob Arm Posts: 99
    Got this today in Central Jersey. I already have Sevens but still had fun with the whole thing.

photo 2AEB4955-9D78-4099-B5E8-8E6C7BD63526_zpse7otiltd.jpg
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    I'll take the Sevens off your hands?
  • Options
    MR57934MR57934 Posts: 18
    The literally **** you in the drive thru. I landed Lightning Bolt and .......... a RNDM 7". The excitement is literally killing me. I may have to call into work.
  • Options
    BrokenGlassBrokenGlass Posts: 298
    Happy here in Ohio! Got Brad Best Friends? and Music for Film colored vinyl. Pkg. wt. was 1.85 lbs. THANKS 10C!
  • Options
    MR57934 said:

The literally **** you in the drive thru. I landed Lightning Bolt and .......... a RNDM 7". The excitement is literally killing me. I may have to call into work.

What color is the L.B. vinyl? I've seen a few posts where people complain they got nothing rare (like fixers, backspacers, or l.b's) but they never opened then to check the colour of the vinyl. Maybe you got a red l.b?
  • Options
    pookasnakepookasnake Posts: 161
    It's here!! Got Into the Wild and MLB Hold Your Head Up. Super stoked!! Thanks, 10c!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there....

9b62a062-ff5e-4ae3-9ff8-6d47ef18c764_zps86ddfa45.jpg