Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,997
    BS44325 said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

Question for you BS, should Israel sign the nuclear treaty and come forth with what they have? Are you, BS, ok with Israel having over 200 of them and most pointed in the direction of North America, including your lovely maple leaf country. Curious minds want to know.

Israel's nukes are pointed at Canada?
    Yes. And funny how you skip my question. I wonder why. You're a fucken phony, 100%. You got no balls to answer questions poised to you. I asked you a simple question and that was your response. I should've expected this answer from you.
    Nart, I'm in 100% agreement that Israel should be signing the nuclear treaty and confessing to what they possess. If the exclusive purpose of having nuclear weapons is for self-defence (second-strike retaliation), then a country with that intent should have no problem with full disclosure, since intent is reasonable. I'm in 100% disagreement about your comment about Israel's nukes pointed at Canada. Besides the obvious that Canada is openly pro-Israel (maybe even more so than the States these days), it's also mostly for the same reason that I find it absurd that Iran would drop nukes on Israel and/or the US: fear of retaliation. Just as it would be the end of Iran if they were to drop a nuclear weapon on Israel or the US (second-strike retaliation), it would be the end of Israel if they dropped a nuclear weapon on an ally of the US. This directly goes against Israel's primary objective, which has always been the preservation of what it refers to as the "Jewish homeland".
    Why do you even talk to this guy?
    The same reason I talk to you... You're a human being with an opinion to learn from. Sometimes I agree with you, sometimes I disagree with you. Sometimes I agree with Nart, sometimes I disagree with Nart. As soon as you start picking and choosing who you listen to, it's inevitable that your beliefs will be amplified by seeing others' agreeable opinions, and your doubts will be subdued by not seeing others' opposing opinions. In this way, your bias just grows, and logic can be easily missed. That's not how I want to live my life.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

Question for you BS, should Israel sign the nuclear treaty and come forth with what they have? Are you, BS, ok with Israel having over 200 of them and most pointed in the direction of North America, including your lovely maple leaf country. Curious minds want to know.

Yes. And funny how you skip my question. I wonder why. You're a fucken phony, 100%. You got no balls to answer questions poised to you. I asked you a simple question and that was your response. I should've expected this answer from you.
    Nart, I'm in 100% agreement that Israel should be signing the nuclear treaty and confessing to what they possess. If the exclusive purpose of having nuclear weapons is for self-defence (second-strike retaliation), then a country with that intent should have no problem with full disclosure, since intent is reasonable. I'm in 100% disagreement about your comment about Israel's nukes pointed at Canada. Besides the obvious that Canada is openly pro-Israel (maybe even more so than the States these days), it's also mostly for the same reason that I find it absurd that Iran would drop nukes on Israel and/or the US: fear of retaliation. Just as it would be the end of Iran if they were to drop a nuclear weapon on Israel or the US (second-strike retaliation), it would be the end of Israel if they dropped a nuclear weapon on an ally of the US. This directly goes against Israel's primary objective, which has always been the preservation of what it refers to as the "Jewish homeland".
    The same reason I talk to you... You're a human being with an opinion to learn from. Sometimes I agree with you, sometimes I disagree with you. Sometimes I agree with Nart, sometimes I disagree with Nart. As soon as you start picking and choosing who you listen to, it's inevitable that your beliefs will be amplified by seeing others' agreeable opinions, and your doubts will be subdued by not seeing others' opposing opinions. In this way, your bias just grows, and logic can be easily missed. That's not how I want to live my life.
    You were spot on until the "logic" part...completely lost me there. No logic can be gained from someone who thinks Israels nukes are pointed at Canada. That being said you are a better man then me...I don't suffer fools gladly.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,997
    edited May 2015
    BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

You were spot on until the "logic" part...completely lost me there. No logic can be gained from someone who thinks Israels nukes are pointed at Canada. That being said you are a better man then me...I don't suffer fools gladly.
    I'm not a better man than anyone here. And I might disagree with Nart on this particular topic, but by no means does that imply I disagree with him on all others. I work with a person who forty-nine out of fifty comments will be goofy. But it's worth taking him seriously on those forty-nine comments, because the fiftieth will be of value. I'd feel the same way if this were 1/10, 1/2, 1/1, 1/100. Sometimes all it takes is a challenge spoken without malice to get someone to rethink a viewpoint, or consider nuance where they saw none previously. Nart has done this to me, you have done this to me.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

Maybe because some people have different views in life can be civil and friends weither on the boards or in real life. I tried extending an olive branch to you which you thought was funny and totally backfired against you. Shit, I don't agree a lot with yosi, doesn't mean I hate the guy. I even started a happy bday thread for him couple years back. Why? Because I can see past the differences in people. You talk all kinds of shit to people with your snide comments here and there. I call u out on it and keep you in check. Kind of like our governments supposed to do, checks and balances. That irks you, irks you more that someone who disagrees with me can also be a friend. I'm sure there are a lot of people on the boards who don't like me, and that's fine. It's life. People like you who have hard ons for war and killing innocent people have a sickness. It's scary that in this day and age, there are people "looking for a reason to fucken kill." You fall right in that category, and shamefully acting like you care about the so called Muslims you're trying to save, all the while killing. Like I've said before professor, you're a phony. You have to live with yourself for the rest of your life actually advocating another war. Bravo man. You should be proud.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

BS44325 said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

BS44325 said:

badbrains said:

Maybe because some people have different views in life can be civil and friends weither on the boards or in real life. I tried extending an olive branch to you which you thought was funny and totally backfired against you. Shit, I don't agree a lot with yosi, doesn't mean I hate the guy. I even started a happy bday thread for him couple years back. Why? Because I can see past the differences in people. You talk all kinds of shit to people with your snide comments here and there. I call u out on it and keep you in check. Kind of like our governments supposed to do, checks and balances. That irks you, irks you more that someone who disagrees with me can also be a friend. I'm sure there are a lot of people on the boards who don't like me, and that's fine. It's life. People like you who have hard ons for war and killing innocent people have a sickness. It's scary that in this day and age, there are people "looking for a reason to fucken kill." You fall right in that category, and shamefully acting like you care about the so called Muslims you're trying to save, all the while killing. Like I've said before professor, you're a phony. You have to live with yourself for the rest of your life actually advocating another war. Bravo man. You should be proud.
    Not irked. Not irked and proud.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

The saudis will buy one from Pakistan. The US can reduce it's stockpile if it wants but no one will care. It's a full on free for all now so better batten down the hatches.

I'm prepping my doomsday basement room as I type this. Gonna test the local web in case the wifi goes down. Keep beating that war drum and fear mongering professor. Let me know when it's safe to come out.
    No war drum. Stating fact that Iran will build one and Saudis will buy one. That's it. No need to prep. Go on as usual. We're either all good or we're not. It's your world now Halifax.
    I love this. Completely deny any culpability in any of the events that have lead to where we are today. Now, when the next disaster befalls us, you can point the finger and say 'your fault'.
    Nuclear proliferation? nah, not on us. Disarming is unrealistic. And Israel needs nukes cause, you know....terror.
    Blowback from needless war? Nope, not our fault - we were just trying to help.
    Birth defects? I don't see the science, didn't happen.
    9/11? They hate our freedom, it's a culture war.
    ISIS? Internal sectarian strife...but we have to help!
    We armed ISIS? well, indirectly...cause Iraqis were too pussy to protect their weapons
    Saddam? Tyrant, he used gas on is people.
    Libya is a terrorist haven? Libya = liberate. Or something. Might have to free them again if they don't stop it with the refugee bullshit.
    Saudis going rogue? C'mon, we covered their asses after 9/11 and sold them more arms than anyone in history, how could we see that coming?
    Assad? Another tyrant. our rebels are moderate...
    Biden admitted Turkey and SA are aiding ISIS? but but...he's like your crazy uncle, no one listens to his bullshit! He's damaging our relationship with our allies!

Does the west have ANY culpability in the cycle of violence in the Middle East? You promote short-sighted reactionary militarism with no consideration of our role in the recent history of the region. In other words - staying the course. Which has made things progressively worse. Unless you support perpetual occupation, and ethnic cleansing (which is pretty much what happened during the occupation and 'surge' you love so much), militarism will never bring peace.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

The saudis will buy one from Pakistan. The US can reduce it's stockpile if it wants but no one will care. It's a full on free for all now so better batten down the hatches.

I'm prepping my doomsday basement room as I type this. Gonna test the local web in case the wifi goes down. Keep beating that war drum and fear mongering professor. Let me know when it's safe to come out.
    No war drum. Stating fact that Iran will build one and Saudis will buy one. That's it. No need to prep. Go on as usual. We're either all good or we're not. It's your world now Halifax.
    I love this. Completely deny any culpability in any of the events that have lead to where we are today. Now, when the next disaster befalls us, you can point the finger and say 'your fault'.
    Nuclear proliferation? nah, not on us. Disarming is unrealistic. And Israel needs nukes cause, you know....terror.
    Blowback from needless war? Nope, not our fault - we were just trying to help.
    Birth defects? I don't see the science, didn't happen.
    9/11? They hate our freedom, it's a culture war.
    ISIS? Internal sectarian strife...but we have to help!
    We armed ISIS? well, indirectly...cause Iraqis were too pussy to protect their weapons
    Saddam? Tyrant, he used gas on is people.
    Libya is a terrorist haven? Libya = liberate. Or something. Might have to free them again if they don't stop it with the refugee bullshit.
    Saudis going rogue? C'mon, we covered their asses after 9/11 and sold them more arms than anyone in history, how could we see that coming?
    Assad? Another tyrant. our rebels are moderate...
    Biden admitted Turkey and SA are aiding ISIS? but but...he's like your crazy uncle, no one listens to his bullshit! He's damaging our relationship with our allies!

Does the west have ANY culpability in the cycle of violence in the Middle East? You promote short-sighted reactionary militarism with no consideration of our role in the recent history of the region. In other words - staying the course. Which has made things progressively worse. Unless you support perpetual occupation, and ethnic cleansing (which is pretty much what happened during the occupation and 'surge' you love so much), militarism will never bring peace.
    Like I said. You win. Have at it.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,938
    Have at what? Sleepless nights? Shiver me timbers? You are a piece of work. How many pronouncements have you walked back since posting? How many should you walk back due to a lack of facts, misrepresented facts and arcane, twisted arguments? Then when we see through your BS, you throw a tantrum like a 5 year old and tell us, repeatedly, to "own it," whatever that means.

Sorry but I won't "own it" nor should I "own" it. I was against the Iraq war as soon as GWB and the neocons started beating the drums prior to 2003 and anyone with a high school education and who took world history would have seen the shit storm that it's become. And many millions of people around the globe understood the consequences and spoke out against it. No, I don't "own" it and I will not "own" the future consequences as I saw what a failure it was going to be. You should "own" it and it is you who doesn't sleep at night because you and your ideology failed. You and yours failed. You own it, not me.

Nevermind the questions I asked because Professor Chickenhawk adjunct part time used to be four day a week professor doesn't answer questions. Something, hmmm, not sure what, tells me you falsified data, or maybe didn't cite a source and claimed someone else's work as your own and got caught or did something else nefarious to be an ex professor. What other explanation is there for your baseless arguments?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Have at what? Sleepless nights? Shiver me timbers? You are a piece of work. How many pronouncements have you walked back since posting? How many should you walk back due to a lack of facts, misrepresented facts and arcane, twisted arguments? Then when we see through your BS, you throw a tantrum like a 5 year old and tell us, repeatedly, to "own it," whatever that means.

Sorry but I won't "own it" nor should I "own" it. I was against the Iraq war as soon as GWB and the neocons started beating the drums prior to 2003 and anyone with a high school education and who took world history would have seen the shit storm that it's become. And many millions of people around the globe understood the consequences and spoke out against it. No, I don't "own" it and I will not "own" the future consequences as I saw what a failure it was going to be. You should "own" it and it is you who doesn't sleep at night because you and your ideology failed. You and yours failed. You own it, not me.

Nevermind the questions I asked because Professor Chickenhawk adjunct part time used to be four day a week professor doesn't answer questions. Something, hmmm, not sure what, tells me you falsified data, or maybe didn't cite a source and claimed someone else's work as your own and got caught or did something else nefarious to be an ex professor. What other explanation is there for your baseless arguments?

Ha. Ex-professor cause tons to earn in the private sector. University gig is great and all but I'm an evil capitalist looking to make a buck. Might go back to teaching once I crush it for a bit.

As far as "owning it" goes...I'll own everything up until 2009. Hard fought battle...successful invasion...horribly difficult stabilization period...brilliant surge that was argued against by every democratic member. This led to a stable Iraq, arab spring, green revolution. GWB freedom agenda from his second inaugural was in full force. Victory.

Everything after is all yours. You see you needed this war to be lost. God forbid it turned out to be a success. You said it would fail and dammit you could not be wrong. So you let it collapse to fullfill your prophecy. This is your horror show now.

Edit - I have walked back zero pronouncements.
    Post edited by BS44325 on
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Ha. Ex-professor cause tons to earn in the private sector. University gig is great and all but I'm an evil capitalist looking to make a buck. Might go back to teaching once I crush it for a bit.

As far as "owning it" goes...I'll own everything up until 2009. Hard fought battle...successful invasion...horribly difficult stabilization period...brilliant surge that was argued against by every democratic member. This led to a stable Iraq, arab spring, green revolution. GWB freedom agenda from his second inaugural was in full force. Victory.

Everything after is all yours. You see you needed this war to be lost. God forbid it turned out to be a success. You said it would fail and dammit you could not be wrong. So you let it collapse to fullfill your prophecy. This is your horror show now.

When in your fantasy was Iraq stable? Which years, months or even days between 2003 and 2009 was Iraq stable? I guess John McCain and Mitt Romney should have run on GWBs record and had him out on the campaign trail then, huh?

Sorry, but the thinking people know who lost in Iraq. Those that consider the facts.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

BS44325 said:

When in your fantasy was Iraq stable? Which years, months or even days between 2003 and 2009 was Iraq stable? I guess John McCain and Mitt Romney should have run on GWBs record and had him out on the campaign trail then, huh?

Sorry, but the thinking people know who lost in Iraq. Those that consider the facts.
    Do I have to re-post the Biden video calling Iraq a great success? How about one of Obama saying the same? How about the words of Dexter Filkins who was a big critic of the invasion but an even bigger critic of the withdrawal?

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/dexter-filkins-hard-to-conclude-otherwise-that-iraq-withdrawal-was-worst-strategic-decision/

Iraq was without a doubt stable. You might not like it but you can't question it. To do so proves you to be either completely disingenuous or just ignorant. The withdrawal was a choice with consequences. You own them.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Do I have to re-post the Biden video calling Iraq a great success? How about one of Obama saying the same? How about the words of Dexter Filkins who was a big critic of the invasion but an even bigger critic of the withdrawal?

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/dexter-filkins-hard-to-conclude-otherwise-that-iraq-withdrawal-was-worst-strategic-decision/

Iraq was without a doubt stable. You might not like it but you can't question it. To do so proves you to be either completely disingenuous or just ignorant. The withdrawal was a choice with consequences. You own them.
    Care to back that up with some kind of definition of stable? Stable how? And how is it the US' fault that we left after GWB signed the SOFA and the Iraqis wouldn't budge on the conditions of our staying? A democratically elected government wanted us out and asked us to leave. Sorry, Maliki and the Iraqi people, fuck you, we're staying and we'll tell you how to run your country and we'll stay for as long as we fucking like. In fact, we're going to make you a protectorate like Guam and run your affairs for, oh, I don't know, the next 50 or so years.

All you neocons have yet to offer a solution. Where is the republican congress on the president's request for a vote on authorizing war on ISIS? Obama was criticized repeatedly for not involving congress and he called them out and asked for a vote but more importantly a debate about the merits and strategy of going to war with ISIS because ground troops will be necessary to defeat them. You're so swift to criticize but even Tom Cotton doesn't want to be on the record as having voted to go back to war in Iraq. You know what? It's Iran's, Iraq's, Saudi Arabia's, Kuwait's, Syria's and the other Persian Gulf nation's problem now. Let them figure it out. The US and Canada, if it even tried, can't solve it for them.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited May 2015
    BS44325 said:

Was never stable.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

BS44325 said:

Was never stable.
    Of course it was.

I guess I do have to re-post Biden

http://youtu.be/tLteUGkvpOc

And an article from Commentary that you will all call propaganda

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/2014/06/19/what-kind-of-iraq-did-obama-inherit/

American casualities pretty much ended in Iraq. Elections were being held and the government was for the most part a representative one that protected minorities and women. Peace was on the horizon. Like Halifax you have to purposely deny this because it totally shatters your world view.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

callen said:

BS44325 said:

Was never stable.
    Of course it was.

I guess I do have to re-post Biden

http://youtu.be/tLteUGkvpOc

And an article from Commentary that you will all call propaganda

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/2014/06/19/what-kind-of-iraq-did-obama-inherit/

American casualities pretty much ended in Iraq. Elections were being held and the government was for the most part a representative one that protected minorities and women. Peace was on the horizon. Like Halifax you have to purposely deny this because it totally shatters your world view.
    Except, except, except the sunni minority was further marginalized by Maliki and the Shia majority, particularly the Baathists, much to the consternation of both the Bush and Obama admins. These same Sunnis and former Baathists are what constituted ISIS. Remember when the Sunnis largely boycotted the elections? Sure you do. Sorry, but "spin" for political purposes doesn't shatter my world view nor negate what was the reality on the ground during your so called time of "stable Iraq." Bush said there were WMDs in Iraq for political purposes, you know spin. I guess you believed him too? Oh wait, you fell for it and continue to believe it. Some call that delusional. Keep living in your fantasy world.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Your stable Iraq consisted of families who had lived side by side for generations killing each other because they were Shia or Sunni. Whole neighborhoods that were a mix of Shia, Sunni, Christians and Jews blew apart with everyone retreating to their religion's neighborhood. Death squads from both sides moved freely and acted with impunity. US trained Shia police forces checked roadblocks during the day and killed Sunnis at night. Further the country splintered into the Shia south, Kurdish north and Sunni middle or triangle. You might want to read up on your so called "stable Iraq." Spin, spin, spin and if I say it enough times it must be true.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Your stable Iraq consisted of families who had lived side by side for generations killing each other because they were Shia or Sunni. Whole neighborhoods that were a mix of Shia, Sunni, Christians and Jews blew apart with everyone retreating to their religion's neighborhood. Death squads from both sides moved freely and acted with impunity. US trained Shia police forces checked roadblocks during the day and killed Sunnis at night. Further the country splintered into the Shia south, Kurdish north and Sunni middle or triangle. You might want to read up on your so called "stable Iraq." Spin, spin, spin and if I say it enough times it must be true.

Sorry but the world you are describing is the post-withdrawal Iraq. Also I am pretty sure that pre-invasion Saddam's Iraq wasn't the disneyland of the middle east.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    BS44325 said:

Sorry but the world you are describing is the post-withdrawal Iraq. Also I am pretty sure that pre-invasion Saddam's Iraq wasn't the disneyland of the middle east.
    Oh but we made it stable? Haha unreal. Dude, seriously, your brain is fried man.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

And Iraq is now the Disneyland of the Middle East? Is life for the average Iraqi better now or pre 2003?

And no, the Iraq I described was during your period of so called stable Iraq. Try reading some books written by American service members who served in pre-withdrawal Iraq. They went from a mission of killing the enemy to trying to prevent them from killing each other, slowly being sucked into a religious civil war. Read some books on the subject instead of partisan talking points issued by your favorite neocons who never had any real skin in the game.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited May 2015

BS44325 said:

And Iraq is now the Disneyland of the Middle East? Is life for the average Iraqi better now or pre 2003?

And no, the Iraq I described was during your period of so called stable Iraq. Try reading some books written by American service members who served in pre-withdrawal Iraq. They went from a mission of killing the enemy to trying to prevent them from killing each other, slowly being sucked into a religious civil war. Read some books on the subject instead of partisan talking points issued by your favorite neocons who never had any real skin in the game.
    If you only saw my library.

Edit - sorry I forgot to answer your first question. Only a moron would think life for the average Iraqi now is better then it was pre-invasion. 2009 however is a whole different story. That being said had I know in 2003 that 6 years later a President would come to power who would take all the hard fought gains and completely flush them down the toilet...well then I too would have never supported the war.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Post some pictures. Show us your intellectual mind. Go ahead. I wonder if we've read the same books? I expect bill orielly's Killing Jesus to be on the shelf somewhere though.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited May 2015

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Post some pictures. Show us your intellectual mind. Go ahead. I wonder if we've read the same books? I expect bill orielly's Killing Jesus to be on the shelf somewhere though.
    Don't own that one and not sure why you would expect it? I guess you don't read my posts. Never commented on the war on christianity in my life. I am socially liberal and live a pretty darn secural life. That being said religion doesn't offend me.

Edit - I don't even think I've ever even seen a full episode of O'Reilly Factor on tv?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

Edit - sorry I forgot to answer your first question. Only a moron would think life for the average Iraqi now is better then it was pre-invasion. 2009 however is a whole different story. That being said had I know in 2003 that 6 years later a President would come to power who would take all the hard fought gains and completely flush them down the toilet...well then I too would have never supported the war.
    So why invade? Do you really believe the average Muslim, Arab, Persian, Houthi, Saudi, Iraqi, Iranian, Syrian or any member of any of the other sects, religions, countries, etc. etc. etc. desires to live under a western style democracy? You believe that?

Brilliantati©
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

So why invade? Do you really believe the average Muslim, Arab, Persian, Houthi, Saudi, Iraqi, Iranian, Syrian or any member of any of the other sects, religions, countries, etc. etc. etc. desires to live under a western style democracy? You believe that?
    You don't? The ones I know in Canada are pretty happy with our system of government. It seems a little racist for you to believe otherwise.
  • Options
    Why don't you poll citizens of the Middle East and find out whether they would prefer to live their lives in peace with their traditions and form of government or prefer to live in peace under a western style democracy with all of its trappings? I think the answer will surprise you.

I think it's racist of you to constantly want to wage war on Muslims or people of the Middle East because you claim to know what's best for them.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Why don't you poll citizens of the Middle East and find out whether they would prefer to live their lives in peace with their traditions and form of government or prefer to live in peace under a western style democracy with all of its trappings? I think the answer will surprise you.

I think it's racist of you to constantly want to wage war on Muslims or people of the Middle East because you claim to know what's best for them.

Do you think I "constantly want to wage war on Muslims"?

A yes or no answer is fine.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

Yes

Brilliantati©
  • Options

BS44325 said:

Yes
    This is why I am on the AMT Brian.
  • Options
    So apparently Iran has been cheating throughout this negotiating period

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/02/world/middleeast/irans-nuclear-stockpile-grows-complicating-negotiations.html?_r=0&referrer=

Can't we just admit that this deal is going nowhere? Why pretend anymore? Even the French are saying there are no enforcement measures in what is being discussed.