Rockhounding

13»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,630
    ldent42 said:

I saw this on the internet and I had to.

Haha! That's good!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    ldent42 said:

:lol: I love it!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    ldent42 said:

Hahahahaha!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    I pick up my ring today! I'm so excited!

We were talking to a guy Mr. RK works with, and his wife got really excited about looking for sapphires, she demanded I tell her the website to buy the gravel...she ended up buying 7 buckets right then and there on her phone...at the bar.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524
    What a cool hobby! Your ring looks beautiful
    My son was left an opal title at Lightning Ridge by his grandfather who was a prospector there. I should take him out there for a look one day.
    Here is my ring

I'm really happy with the way it came out, it was fun sitting with the designer and showing her what designs I liked, and seeing her make the wax casting. Can't wait to sift through more gravel and find more sapphires. :D

- Christopher McCandless
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    ^^^ Beautiful. The jeweler did a great job!
    ELITIST FUK
    Thanks... :)

- Christopher McCandless