Is it okay for a man to wear concealer?

2»

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

rr165892 said:

It's great that your treating the Apnea.Thats the important Thing.

I think this is exactly what concealment creams are made for.

Have you tried nasal pillows?

I have not. I don't think those will work for me. The questionnaire I did suggested the full face mask is what I need. Maybe I will talk to my sleep therapist and see if she has any suggestions. Thanks.
    Really give them a look.Know lots of Peeps who use them.Very light,easy on the face.I have a pal who is a distributor of The masks.Ill get you the name of the mask.Its relatively inexpensive and well put together.And NO LiNES
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited March 2015
    soft soap i think its called, i use that to clean my gear as vvell as vvhite vinegar for the inside of the tubing & mask. i just soak the stuff & go about my day. don't use alcohol on your stuff

the nose mask piece bends my mustache. after avvhile tho grovving them vvhiskers out you can't really tell unless you're on me. i'd rather have jacked up vvhiskers than not being able to sleep. those sleep machines, probably the greatest invention since sliced pizza
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rr165892 said:
    Thanks, I appreciate that. I use a ResMed full face Mirage Quattro mask, so same name brand as that one, just a different style. I will ask my sleep therapist if that one will work for me. Maybe I could trial one for a week. I need to replace my mask soon anyway(at least that's what they recommend).
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • chadwick said:

soft soap i think its called, i use that to clean my gear as vvell as vvhite vinegar for the inside of the tubing & mask. i just soak the stuff & go about my day. don't use alcohol on your stuff

the nose mask piece bends my mustache. after avvhile tho grovving them vvhiskers out you can't really tell unless you're on me. i'd rather have jacked up vvhiskers than not being able to sleep. those sleep machines, probably the greatest invention since sliced pizza

Yeah I wash my mask with soft dish soap once a week. The rest of the time I just wipe it down with the mask wipes. I use vinegar once a week to clean the water chamber. You said you soak your stuff? I'm not sure that's recommended. I think I read somewhere to not soak it, but I could be wrong.

But I agree, it's the best and smartest thing I've ever purchased for myself. It's a total life saver and life would be absolutely miserable without it.
    i am just thrilled medical science has been figuring out sleep apnea. not all that long ago they knevv nothing about this topic.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited March 2015
    my hair is smoked every morning due to the strap around my head. long hair is a son of a gun vvith these things. i toss & turn like nobody's business... bam ... strap screvvs up my hair something fierce
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    It's not a big deal. As others have mentioned: make sure you get a color that blends well--you don't want to end up looking like Bela Lugosi or (worse) John Boehner.
    ELITIST FUK
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    SD48277 said:

It's not a big deal. As others have mentioned: make sure you get a color that blends well--you don't want to end up looking like Bela Lugosi or (worse) John Boehner.

:rofl:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    SD48277 said:

:get_outta_here::lol:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Sure, why not?
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Yes, of course.
    I remember a time when men wore make up. The 80's, yes. Many of these men looked absolutely fab with make up on. I esp remember being in love with David Sylvian's painted smile.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    I'm a girl but can't leave the house without concealer because of bad acne, so I say you do whatever makes it easier for you to face the world. There have been times when I have instead chosen not to leave the house and that's certainly not the answer
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited March 2015

I'm a girl but can't leave the house without concealer because of bad acne, so I say you do whatever makes it easier for you to face the world. There have been times when I have instead chosen not to leave the house and that's certainly not the answer

:frowning:
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited March 2015
    RKCNDY said:

If you're gonna use concealer, make sure you wash your face every night before bed, or you'll aggravate your skin even more. Might want to wipe down the mask (the part that touches your face) with some rubbing alcohol every morning too.

Oh yes, that's a must. Even if you get oil-free stuff that won't clog pores, you can't wear make-up and not thoroughly wash your face every night. I suggest the gentle Nivea face wash. Nivea makes a very good product and it's not too expensive.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Thanks, I'll remember that for next time I need soap.
  • SD48277 said:

You crack me up Susan! Lol
  • I'm a girl but can't leave the house without concealer because of bad acne, so I say you do whatever makes it easier for you to face the world. There have been times when I have instead chosen not to leave the house and that's certainly not the answer

You and me both!