Options

Slowest Year Since 2002

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,593

Um, didn't they say they were taking a break this year at the end of last year's tour, people?

They also said we'll see you again next year after almost every show.
    No way they said that at any show.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    They said it at almost every show.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

That they'd be back for another show the next year? I've never heard that. Eddie says stuff like "hopefully we'll be back soon" or something like that, but I have trouble believing he said "We'll be back next year" at nearly every show. I certainly have never heard that on any of the bootlegs. I'm not saying it definitely didn't happen... I've just never heard it, and since it's obviously a complete and utter lie, would be surprised if Eddie said it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    PJ_Soul said:

That they'd be back for another show the next year? I've never heard that. Eddie says stuff like "hopefully we'll be back soon" or something like that, but I have trouble believing he said "We'll be back next year" at nearly every show. I certainly have never heard that on any of the bootlegs.
    I've heard him say see you next year or something close to it at multiple shows I've been to, as well as on bootlegs
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

That they'd be back for another show the next year? I've never heard that. Eddie says stuff like "hopefully we'll be back soon" or something like that, but I have trouble believing he said "We'll be back next year" at nearly every show. I certainly have never heard that on any of the bootlegs.
    I've heard him say see you next year or something close to it at multiple shows I've been to, as well as on bootlegs
    From the LB tour??
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

From the LB tour??
    From pretty much every tour I've seen including the last one
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

From the LB tour??
    From pretty much every tour I've seen including the last one
    I must be experiencing some kind of memory loss or something then.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well they didn't say it at the shows you attended but yes, he says it quite often at the end of shows.

Possibly more so in 2013 than 2014
  • Options
    Well if that's what he's saying, he should stop, since it's not at all true.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    I think he often says something like "see you next time" or "until next time". I agree that it's very rare to never that he is specific about hinting at any future tour plans.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    No one is saying that is literal as In "we will be back in 12 months" but, if you listen to bootlegs over the years, as much as I have youll know it is said quite often. No argument here just pointing out it is said fairly often.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I think he often says something like "see you next time" or "until next time". I agree that it's very rare to never that he is specific about hinting at any future tour plans.

Yeah, that's my impression too. I have heard a lot of boots, and don't recall ever hearing that he actually said "see you next year" when nothing was being arranged. Just something about coming back in general. He says that stuff all the time.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,235
    We'll never NOT play Boise again :)

lol... take it all with a grain of salt
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    He definitely said "see ya next year" at a few of the shows I saw in the last few years. I know he jokes with Jeff on the OKC bootleg about playing there the next year. This has been talked about before, he says it more than he should and all he fans get in a frenzy about another tour in a year and stuff.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, that's my impression too. I have heard a lot of boots, and don't recall ever hearing that he actually said "see you next year" when nothing was being arranged. Just something about coming back in general. He says that stuff all the time.
    He clearly says see you next year in a few
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Nothing to see here
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    FrankieG said:

The 2014 US tour (Dates Oct 1-Oct 22) was announced on 22 May, 2014. We still got some time...

This week isn't looking too promising :(
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Alright, time to admit defeat and look to 2016. Hope im still around to see a lot of show possibilities.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    lame
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    BigrfishBigrfish Edmonton, AB Canada Posts: 260
    I think we have to find the silver lining here friends...at least they are still out there touring..,most bands would have hung it up by now..they definitley have some chelly in there....just my two cents.
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    edited May 2015
    Why worry about the long wait when we have previous studio albums and official Boots to tide us over?

All in good time, my friends...
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I love going to shows as much as the next guy, but I don't see the downtime as such a bad thing. It allows them to pursue other interests, and recharge the batteries. We're able to save some cash, or put it elsewhere. '13 and '14 were great... I don't mind taking a year off.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    The year is just fine..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Hopefully their writing some songs, dammit!
  • Options
    im still not giving up till June 10th
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849

im still not giving up till June 10th

Me too.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    Im throwing in the towel..no inside information like most here. Maybe a west coast show before Global Citizens but I don't expect much more this late with no venue hold leaks. Ill gear up for 15-20 shows based around PJ 25 in 2016. I will try to resist buying the merch in the mean time to hopefully encourage more touring but I realize I wont make a dent. Bright side is more money for beach vacation. Cheers
  • Options
    Why tour when you can sell "mystery vinyl" (rndm) for 90.00 a pop...
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,821

Why tour when you can sell "mystery vinyl" (rndm) for 90.00 a pop...

Lol
  • Options
    pearljam1809pearljam1809 Posts: 863
    I think the year is alright, thank you very much, only thing slow is november coming (South America!!!!! :joy: )