Options

The *~*~*~OFFICIAL~*~*~* 2021 March Madness Thread

Comments

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    So, Grayson was back last night. I was definitely surprised but hey, since the ACC didn't step in that gave Coach K free reign to punish how he saw fit.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

So, Grayson was back last night. I was definitely surprised but hey, since the ACC didn't step in that gave Coach K free reign to punish how he saw fit.

That "indefinite" suspension lasted 1 whole game. LOL. Not shocked that Coach K brought him back so quick, but absolutely shocked that the ACC didn't step in and suspend him....crazy.
  • Options

That "indefinite" suspension lasted 1 whole game. LOL. Not shocked that Coach K brought him back so quick, but absolutely shocked that the ACC didn't step in and suspend him....crazy.
    Agreed. I read somewhere on twitter that Coach K wanted Grayson to come back before he left on medical leave. Who knows.
  • Options

Agreed. I read somewhere on twitter that Coach K wanted Grayson to come back before he left on medical leave. Who knows.
    Yes, that's the case. K wanted to protect Capel from all the scrutiny and questions surrounding the suspension, especially if Allen was to be reinstated before K returns.
  • Options
    What's going on in the ACC this year? Man.
  • Options
    Our Gamecocks are doing well right now! Big test tomorrow though.
  • Options

I know! I'd be more positive if the game was at home but I just hope we play well. Notice seems to disappear in important road games.
  • Options

I know! I'd be more positive if the game was at home but I just hope we play well. Notice seems to disappear in important road games.
    Yeah, playing in Rupp is no easy feat. We need Notice to show up. He's pretty much disappeared this whole year. If he gets going, things get much easier for Thornwell and Dozier.
  • Options
    Crap. Looking at twitter and saw that Dozier is out with back spasms.
  • Options

Yeah that was pretty much a bad omen from the start. Brutal game. We need more shooters, stat.
  • Options

Yeah that was pretty much a bad omen from the start. Brutal game. We need more shooters, stat.
    I was proud of the fight in our team though. We got down by double digits twice, fought back to within 3-5 points twice, but UK is just too talented for us at less than 100%. The season isn't lost though and we can still do some good things. Our defense is good enough to get us to the Sweet 16, but our offense can be bad enough to make us NIT. Unless things just totally go awry, I think we make the NCAA tourney and hope we get a favorable match up or two.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    Przemek Karnowski. this dude looks like he should be playing football or something.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    At 7'1", no way. Basketball is definitely the sport for Karnowski.
  • Options

At 7'1", no way. Basketball is definitely the sport for Karnowski.

i know, i just saw some highlights of a Gonzaga game and this dude stood out. Size wise he's about the same as Shaq
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

I was proud of the fight in our team though. We got down by double digits twice, fought back to within 3-5 points twice, but UK is just too talented for us at less than 100%. The season isn't lost though and we can still do some good things. Our defense is good enough to get us to the Sweet 16, but our offense can be bad enough to make us NIT. Unless things just totally go awry, I think we make the NCAA tourney and hope we get a favorable match up or two.
    Yeah our defense is on point but we can't have scoring droughts in the NCAA. If we play up to our potential we should make the tourney but I thought we'd make it last year so what do I know? Florida lost to Vandy so that hurts us as far as SOS.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Good win for us tonight + free Chick fil a!!
    Also, nice win for WVU.
  • Options

you jinxed them
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Also, nice win for WVU.
    Yeah, the arena went wild for that second FT attempt. Was sitting by an Auburn fan and the poor guy looked miserable the whole game :smiley:

So 1, 2, and 4 lose tonight. Gonzaga to #1 next week?!?!
  • Options

Also, nice win for WVU.
    Yeah, the arena went wild for that second FT attempt. Was sitting by an Auburn fan and the poor guy looked miserable the whole game :smiley:

So 1, 2, and 4 lose tonight. Gonzaga to #1 next week?!?!
    That was the loudest cheer of the entire game!

I'm guessing Gonzaga will be #1 next week unless they lose as well. Kentucky and Kansas play this weekend so one of them is going to have three losses.
  • Options

you jinxed them
    :lol:
  • Options
    Great week in college basketball! Last night's Kansas-UK game was classic.
  • Options
    Another great week of basketball. Down goes UK, Baylor, Kansas, Arizona, Va, etc. Glad my Gamecocks and Dukies were able to pull out wins. So ready for March Madness!
  • Options

Another great week of basketball. Down goes UK, Baylor, Kansas, Arizona, Va, etc. Glad my Gamecocks and Dukies were able to pull out wins. So ready for March Madness!

CLA was rocking tonight! Great game even if I did have UGa fans behind me. Sole possession of first place in SEC! You need to drop pulling for Duke though lol.
  • Options

CLA was rocking tonight! Great game even if I did have UGa fans behind me. Sole possession of first place in SEC! You need to drop pulling for Duke though lol.
    Yeah that was a great atmosphere. Glad McKie had a good game since his Dad was being recognized. We still have to play Florida at Florida but if we keep playing the way we are we should get back to 25 wins at least.
    As for Duke, sorry but I have been a fan of theirs longer than I've been a SC fan.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    snatching defeat from the jaws of victory:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=400918472
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    Wobbie said:
    that is a joke of a call. you think they make that call in the ACC or Big Ten? no fucking way. Bonnies still reeling from getting fucked out of an at-large bid last year too.
  • Options

Did you go to last night's game? That was a crazy one. If only we could've pulled off a win....