Options

Latin America Tour 2015 Updated

Comments

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990

CopperTom said:

So is the Nov 25 TBD show going to be Costa Rica or Colombia?

colombia
    Of course the show that I wanted to go to was the lone rumored show to fall through. Grrrr.
  • Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237

MEXICO CITY :)

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    One of these days...."Pearl Jam Announces Asian Tour" will show up in my inbox.....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    feel free to join...alot of south american friends will help the travellers :)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1612261249010381/
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    fcbittencafcbittenca Posts: 345
    edited March 2015
    On Behalf of All My South America brothers and sisters I say. We welcome the world. Please come.
    Little advise. Keep your stuff at home. You won't need it.
    Just come with an open mind, lots of love and free spirit.
    You won't need cameras, computers, watches or any gadget.
    You won't need to keep track of time or record anything... (It will be forever imprinted on your memories)

The only risk is:
    You may never want to go home :D

In love with music
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

On Behalf of All My South America brothers and sisters I say. We welcome the world. Please come.
    Little advise. Keep your stuff at home. You won't need it.
    Just come with an open mind, lots of love and free spirit.
    You won't need cameras, computers, watches or any gadget.
    You won't need to keep track of time or record anything... (It will be forever imprinted on your memories)

The only risk is:
    You may never want to go home :D

It's always good to remind people to enjoy the moment without all of the technology. Hope that you are able to enjoy a show! Congratulations on a tour coming to you! :)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    About NOV 7 and the vanishing of a city. Know is that political factors in Argentina keep the trade dollar exchange rate at a low value, making almost impossible for producers to pay PJ's cachet - performance fee. The TBD sign at NOV 7 not only speaks well about a band that fought against big powers, but it makes it obvious that the vanishing city should'd been Buenos Aires.

Argentinian, 45, I actually grew with the band along, and wouldn't believe they decide vanishing cities as per estimated earnings, which seems to be the only concern.

if the demand is taken the ticket would be a riches's show, or a show with fans that gave all of their efforts to get an outrageous expensive ticket.

Waiting for a conclusion to this TBD city who no one knows, imploring to base choice upon fun and fans, I, salute!

thanks for listening!!
  • Options
    garethabramsgarethabrams Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 12
    I hope the presale arrangements for Brazil won't be the same as for the EV solo shows last year. The website was only in Portuguese and only available to Brazilians. Non Brazilians had to call an international phone number which made buying tickets pretty impossible. I am South African and would desperately love to come visit Brazil and see my favourite band!!
  • Options
    keyserkeyser Posts: 67
    edited March 2015
    11.20.2015 Belo Horizonte, Brazil Estadio Mineirao

Well....this is my fucking backyard! Thanks a lot! That was long awaited!

Everyone is invited and, i`m sure, you`ll gonna love Minas Gerais!
    Post edited by keyser on
    If nothing is everything, I will have it all
  • Options
    keyserkeyser Posts: 67
    PJSEMPRE said:

I don't know about the Brazilian tour. Big arenas, but our economic situation isn't good, water and energy crisis and the devaluation of the Real in relation to the U.S. dollar (US$1,00 = R$3,24).

Let me see if i understand this: you are saying the band should skip Brazil because the currency is undervaluated? Or because there is no water and energy? Perhaps they should look for countries with better economies, like Argentine, Colombia or maybe Venezuela (no offense here)? Right....you're watching too much television...have a nice march 15th!
    If nothing is everything, I will have it all
  • Options
    keyser said:

I CALL IT ALREADY..THIS WILL BE THE BEST SHOW OF TOUR..EVEN IF MY FAVORITE,I KNOW IT ALREADY WILL BE BUENOS AIRES!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    keyser said:

Hey something else..what to do in the city?whats the good things..ill be there from 18th to 21th
    and hotel prices are good..not expensive..i book at Bristol Alameda Business Hotel
  • Options
    Who needs some help in Brazil, just pm me. I will be glad in help everyone!
    Keep rocking!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    edited March 2015

keyser said:

Hey something else..what to do in the city?whats the good things..ill be there from 18th to 21th
    and hotel prices are good..not expensive..i book at Bristol Alameda Business Hotel
    Distance between Greece and Brazil? 6000 miles
    Cost to travel from Greece? 1K
    Hotels, tickets, airfare, etc? $3-5K

Going to hear Pearl Jam sing Betterman for the 20th time? Priceless!

Dimi I think your nuts!
    God Bless You, but your fucking NUTS!!!!
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Hi there.
    Any idea when the city and venue of Nov 7 will be announced? I`m king of dying in here....
    Planning to make it to Santiago and my hometown, BA, but need confirmation NOW!
  • Options
    GabrielleMGabrielleM Brazil Posts: 23
    I am so happy!
    If any of you guys are coming to São Paulo, I will be glad to help you with public transportation and all. Don't know much about hotels because, well, I live in São Paulo :D
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable
    EV SOLO (May 7th 2014) || SÃO PAULO (November 15th 2015) || BELO HORIZONTE (November 20th 2015) || LOLLAPALOOZA 2018 || EV SOLO (March 29th 2018)
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Congrats SA! Well deserved!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    edited March 2015
    I was kind of already checking some flights from Finland to Rio... and hotel rooms... just for fun... Would be costly but actually not as much as I'd expected. Hmm... :smiley:

nah, just daydreaming after few glasses of Chilean red wine... Cheers to our SA pals! :clap:
    Post edited by petrimp on
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • Options
    jorgeojorgeo Posts: 9
    Si necesitan datos de alojamiento, comidas y transporte en Santiago de Chile , con gusto les doy alternativas (por interno), Noviembre es primavera, muy pocas veces llueve ,
    temperaturas máximas de 25 °c y cielo despejado.
    El estadio nacional esta a 15 minutos del centro de Santiago en Taxi, en Bus 25 minutos.

Hay mucho lugares donde tomar cerveza artesanal después del show.

Saludos
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    8 months from now. That's not a long wait at all!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    jorgeo said:

Si necesitan datos de alojamiento, comidas y transporte en Santiago de Chile , con gusto les doy alternativas (por interno), Noviembre es primavera, muy pocas veces llueve ,
    temperaturas máximas de 25 °c y cielo despejado.
    El estadio nacional esta a 15 minutos del centro de Santiago en Taxi, en Bus 25 minutos.

Hay mucho lugares donde tomar cerveza artesanal después del show.

Saludos

fcbittenca, could you translate? I took French!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options

8 months from now. That's not a long wait at all!

perfect time for find the money to do argentina and all brazil shows!!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    those Greeks sure know how to spend some drachmas, LOL
    Congrats to all who r making the journey. Safe travels all.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    What's the demand for Latin American tickets during the presale? Will the allotment go instantly or will I be safe if I don't get to it for an hour or two?
  • Options
    This is awesome, last time on Mexico city I wasn't able to make it, this time i'll be on the front row ¿anyone from Chihuahua going?
    Keep on rockin' in the third world!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Has anyone seen a seating chart yet for Chile?
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    edited March 2015
    deadendp said:

jorgeo said:

cerveza artesanal después del show.

fcbittenca, could you translate? I took French!
    I figured this part out on my own... "Craft beer after the show". :)
    Google Translate has also been super helpful.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    cant wait for this !!!

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    I sure hope the ticket link for Chile starts working soon. Would love a few minutes at least to do some Google Translating.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Tick Tock