Options

March Friday the 13th Announcement Predictions.

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    just_one said:

its South america tour..think its11 shows??cant remember now..1st nov kick off

but why announce it so far away? usually is 5/6 months not 9/10 months
    Actually is 7 amd half months away
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    I'm going to make a bold a probably stupid prediction... They're going to open for the Rolling Stones this summer. The Stones are going to announce a 14-15 show tour this week and well as the great song "Push Me, Pull Me" goes...
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 920
    Euro tour? U.K. dates? PLZ? :bee:
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    The picture in the newsletter is a Latin/South American looking crowd. That's most likely your answer. As the saying goes: when you hear hoof beats... think horses, not unicorns.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427

The picture in the newsletter is a Latin/South American looking crowd. That's most likely your answer. As the saying goes: when you hear hoof beats... think horses, not unicorns.

Awesome saying! Although when I hear hoofbeats, I think Monty Python, coconut halves clopping together... not horses or unicorns...
  • Options
    JH6056 said:

Awesome saying! Although when I hear hoofbeats, I think Monty Python, coconut halves clopping together... not horses or unicorns...
    :rofl:
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited March 2015
    Third Annual Suziemay's Birthday Show on October 16! I'll go anywhere in the world!

(OK, I know it's a long shot but they were kind enough to give me birthday shows two years in a row, why stop now?) :lol::lol:
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    so what's the word? PA? I am hoping for PA, cuz SA is just out of the question for me right about now. Good luck everyone.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    lolobugg said:

KP_McMinn said:

Anyone have a idea what this announcement might be maybe a tour or something else let me know your thoughts. Let's hope for Canadian Tour!!

Analog and Digital memberships price increase for 2016
    :lol:
    lol i was thinking silver stickers
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    silver AND gold would be extra special
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    It's got to be a tour of some kind. I don't remember it doing so before, but just now when I clicked on the picture, it opened up the Tour Schedule....

I'm going for some side project tour announcement, not a PJ tour unless it's a short run of some festivals or something like that.
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Options
    So is there any precedent for them making a big point of announcing an announcement, and then it's a non-North American tour only, or it's a side project? I may have missed it, but seems to me the only time they do this level of "Hey, big announcement coming!!!" it's been for a North American tour or tour dates (incl festivals). Or a PJ - run festival like PJ20 too.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    VS1993 said:

I really think there will be at a good number of US dates:
    I would assume the majority of their fan base is concentrated in the US. I also assume that the picture of a concert crowd means what it looks like it means- a tour announcement. Why build such anticipation and get the hopes up of so many people to announce something comparatively obscure? I don't recall this much fanfare for the announcement of Lightning Bolt's tour outside the US.

However, I do posses a bit of a counter-thesis- It would seem illogical to announce a tour the same week as Alice in Chains announced one, and only two weeks after STP did. On top of that, The Who, The Rolling Stones, and U2 are all touring this summer as well.

Now that's just silly. PJ doesn't stay home because other bands are touring, except as someone else mentioned, Soundgarden (and even that wasn't the case last year which led to me seeing Soundgarden for the first time ever with a Replacement Matt). I am sure they don't give a fuck what AIC is doing and I am very very very sure they don't give a fuck what STP does. :)

They have toured the US quite a bit since 2013 (by PJ standards anyway, even though last fall was just a few cities) so I am not expecting US dates at all, which is fine.

The Rolling Stones theory is interesting but I don't think true. To do a whole tour with them, I don't see happening (Stones are rumored to announce a 15 date run this summer including Red Rocks).
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    I don't think there's any precedent but don't think they would make such a big deal out of side project announcement nor would the picture link to the pj 2015 tour page. I just hope it's more than SA. There isn't even currently an ev solo tour page on the site as far as I can see. Sometimes it's there but empty.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options

I don't think there's any precedent but don't think they would make such a big deal out of side project announcement nor would the picture link to the pj 2015 tour page. I just hope it's more than SA. There isn't even currently an ev solo tour page on the site as far as I can see. Sometimes it's there but empty.

I agree, which is why this whole anticipation thing seems like it has to be US dates or a PJ festival. Not sure anything else would warrant the big pre-announcement of an announcement (no offense S. America fans and solo projects!).

Meanwhile, any PJ tour better not get in the way of a RNDM tour, cuz I've been waiting for that for ages!!! :D
  • Options
    jerseygenxjerseygenx Posts: 106
    Global Citizen Festival in NYC, that's my gut. They have been part of that movement from the beginning, yet have not played the festival. Which is typically September. Maybe another NY show or 2!
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095

I did not know the picture linked to the tour page... It's definitely a tour announcement then. Just need to find out where and when. :D
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    CosililiCosilili Posts: 33
    Hi guys!
    (Excuse my bad writing! ;) )

We are very excited. Local media (from Chile) given by Pearl Jam confirmed in the National Stadium.

Why is it so important that in Chile???
    The Estadio Nacional has an important historical burden, it hosted a World Cup in 1962 and during the dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet was headquartered detention and torture. Back to democracy began to be used for concerts and cultural events of major importance, a place that has never submitted Pearl Jam.

http://www.24horas.cl/tendencias/musica/pearl-jam-agenda-para-noviembre-su-concierto-en-el-estadio-nacional--1603697

If you want more information and are interested about the emotional toll that has the Estadio Nacional for Chileans, watch this documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTvXQPxwrcw
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    FrankieG said:

I did not know the picture linked to the tour page... It's definitely a tour announcement then. Just need to find out where and when. :D
    It's going to be South America. I unfortunately don't think the US is going to get a tour this year. A special show like GlobalFest or Lollapalooza maybe... but no tour.

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    It totally sucks that Pearl Jam has only played 2 Seattle dates since 2006, I never realized how many Pearl Jam haters there are here who think every Pearl Jam song is like Jeremy and Even Flow, but they still have a lot of fans here who put up with all the ignorance around us, because we love the music more, honestly they should play 2 shows in Seattle or The Gorge every year, not like they have to be away from their families, like they do with a Tour, plus a bunch of Pearl Jam fans around the world love coming to Seattle because it is such an awesome city, Pearl Jam field trip
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    JH6056 said:

So is there any precedent for them making a big point of announcing an announcement, and then it's a non-North American tour only, or it's a side project? I may have missed it, but seems to me the only time they do this level of "Hey, big announcement coming!!!" it's been for a North American tour or tour dates (incl festivals). Or a PJ - run festival like PJ20 too.

An 8 -10 show South America tour is a big announcement. They do have fans outside of the US and Canada.
  • Options

JH6056 said:

An 8 -10 show South America tour is a big announcement. They do have fans outside of the US and Canada.
    Agreed but they go there every year why not come to Ontario Canada that has gotten barely any Lightning Bolt love. We need some.
  • Options
    I don't see it being tour related since there wasn't a little birdy "head's up" about making sure you're membership is good on Friday. Of course since it's a members only sight that might not mean much, but what if someone's membership expires tomorrow? Surely they would want to remind everyone beforehand if it was regarding shows.

I say it's the No Code/Yield box set details!
  • Options
    No its definatly tour related I hope they wouldn't mess with us like that
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    JH6056 said:

I think part of the problem is some people on this board DO believe in unicorns!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

I don't see it being tour related since there wasn't a little birdy "head's up" about making sure you're membership is good on Friday. Of course since it's a members only sight that might not mean much, but what if someone's membership expires tomorrow? Surely they would want to remind everyone beforehand if it was regarding shows.

I say it's the No Code/Yield box set details!

Perhaps the head's up will come when they make the announcement Friday. For example:
    "We're touring South America, please make sure all memberships are up to date by Friday, March 20."
    Just because they're making the announcement Friday doesn't mean the lottery sign-up is going to be open the exact moment it's made.
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    edited March 2015
    Ditto fellow Jammer- they are playing somewhere far away from me - I am crossing my fingers that it's somewhere I can afford to fly.......hope to see everyone soon!! ♫
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    nicky-p38nicky-p38 Posts: 394
    Via PJ's Twitter: "10 am PT"
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

It totally sucks that Pearl Jam has only played 2 Seattle dates since 2006, I never realized how many Pearl Jam haters there are here who think every Pearl Jam song is like Jeremy and Even Flow, but they still have a lot of fans here who put up with all the ignorance around us, because we love the music more, honestly they should play 2 shows in Seattle or The Gorge every year, not like they have to be away from their families, like they do with a Tour, plus a bunch of Pearl Jam fans around the world love coming to Seattle because it is such an awesome city, Pearl Jam field trip

Pearl Jam is *not* DMB, though they need to play Seattle more often.

I think they are going to announce that they are going back to the old board format... image

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    CarlislebjCarlislebj Posts: 151
    they never announce a tour then sell tickets... IF it's a S.A tour in November, you won't need to be a current member till the day before tickets go on sale. Never ever sell tickets the day a tour is announced.