Secretaryzillas

2»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,525
    rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

rr, you sound like someone who takes care of and looks out for his employees - and you're right, it's always reciprocated.

Thanks Hedo.I do and take great pride in how we treat the people and their families that spend so much of their lives working with us.My industry is not an easy one so it makes their commitment that much more important to us.Why not reward those who work so hard.
    exactly. and doing so only rewards you back with loyalty and trust and, in turn, financial rewards for the company. it's such a shame more people in power don't understand this incredibly simple concept.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

rr, you sound like someone who takes care of and looks out for his employees - and you're right, it's always reciprocated.

Thanks Hedo.I do and take great pride in how we treat the people and their families that spend so much of their lives working with us.My industry is not an easy one so it makes their commitment that much more important to us.Why not reward those who work so hard.
    Wish more bosses had your mindset, I worked as more of a PA for someone, if reps wanted to talk to him, they had to go through me. Usually, they had to talk to me/give me their sales pitch and I had to relay the message. Reps even would come when it was my day off to talk to him, and then he'd yell at me because he didn't have time to talk to them. I would always get calls on holidays on my days off from him too. I liked being self-sufficient & working independently, though working on my days off wasn't so fun.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    RKCNDY said:

rr165892 said:

hedonist said:

Wish more bosses had your mindset, I worked as more of a PA for someone, if reps wanted to talk to him, they had to go through me. Usually, they had to talk to me/give me their sales pitch and I had to relay the message. Reps even would come when it was my day off to talk to him, and then he'd yell at me because he didn't have time to talk to them. I would always get calls on holidays on my days off from him too. I liked being self-sufficient & working independently, though working on my days off wasn't so fun.
    Sounds like you made his life much easier.He was lucky to have someone so dedicated.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Thanks, rr...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    people can be assholes, no matter what kind of job they have
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,525

people can be assholes, no matter what kind of job they have

interesting. I love everyone but secretaries. :wink:

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com