Stupid stuff overheard at the bar...

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    lolobugg said:

I was in a bar in Pensacola, Florida once in 1999.
    downstairs drinking, waiting for my friend's band to start playing upstairs.
    this old man who was fucking wasted kept asking, "Are you Navy".
    I seriously don't know what the fuck he was talking about?
    I had really long hair at the time, so I def wasn't in the Navy.
    is "Navy" like a code word for "Gay"?
    like the sticking your foot in the next stall because you have a wide stance kinda thing?
    fucker freaked me out... but they had the best jukebox ever.

pretty sure that's what he was asking...

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    imalive said:

lolobugg said:

like the sticking your foot in the next stall because you have a wide stance kinda thing?

pretty sure that's what he was asking...

:lol:
    yeah not an album I own but
    that's what I thought, but I was there with my girlfriend.
    what a creepy old fucker

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    lolobugg said:

ha! I went to the bar with Mr. RK and a work buddy of his and his GF...both of the guys had really long hair, and when the bill came, they paid with their corporate card-business dinner.
    Server comes back, "uh, you guys aren't in the Marines are you?"
    all of us are confused, "uh....no"
    she says, "oh I was confused because your credit card says 'US Marine'..."
    the guys say, "it's a boat company, we design boats"
    she still looked so confused, "so you're *not* in the Marines?"
    "uh, no"
    She says, "I'm so confused..."
    :fp:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Maybe he was looking for a threesome?

did he, by chance, ask if he could push up your stool?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    also I accidently ended up in a redneck bar once around the same time.
    let's just say we were avoiding a police roadblock and needed somewhere to go....
    well as I walked in, no shit, I heard some toothless fuck say: "Is that a woman or a man?" referring to my hair.
    isn't that a Steve Miller Band lyric? you clichéd fucker. and he only had a few teeth- seriously.
    my friend almost hit him with a pool cue later that night. ahhhhh memories of the Florida Panhandle.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    lolobugg said:

let's just say we were avoiding a police roadblock and needed somewhere to go....
    well as I walked in, no shit, I heard some toothless fuck say: "Is that a woman or a man?" referring to my hair.
    isn't that a Steve Miller Band lyric? you clichéd fucker. and he only had a few teeth- seriously.
    my friend almost hit him with a pool cue later that night. ahhhhh memories of the Florida Panhandle.

Bob Seger
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    So Logan, are u navy, army, marine or air force? Just asking hahaha
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    imalive said:

Talk about a rim shot!
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    lolobugg said:

Nothing good(other then Deluna Fest,Hangout Fest,Senior Bowl)Happens in the redneck Rivera that is the panhandle.
    lolobugg said:

years ago I was hitchhiking in Arkansas....I had long hair and got picked up by a brother, with corn rows and driving a coupe de ville....he asked if I got high....I said yes, but neither of us had papers.

so....we stopped at a fucking truck stop....not a 7/11, a truck stop....when we walked up to the register to ask for papers, I swear to god the jukebox did that SCREEEEEEEEECH thing. :lol:

and everyone turned and stared....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited February 2015
    One day when I have time I have to tell you guys about the guy that sold me peaches in Pea Ridge Ar, I had just done Ayhausca the night before.. Fucking crazy little old dude!!
    ^^^^^ I thought I knew my drugs but this is a new one to me :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited February 2015
    imalive said:

^^^^^ I thought I knew my drugs but this is a new one to me :tired_face:

Ayhausca is a Puruvian hallucinogenic made from a tree root and one crazy jungle vine..

One day when I have time I have to tell you guys about the guy that sold me peaches in Pea Ridge Ar, I had just done Ayhausca the night before.. Fucking crazy little old dude!!

Oh shit, whispering hands saw the "one". Nice
    rr165892 said:

lolobugg said:

Nothing good(other then Deluna Fest,Hangout Fest,Senior Bowl)Happens in the redneck Rivera that is the panhandle.
    and nothing but the Senior Bowl was happening when I lived there.... :lol:

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

Hobbes said:

lolobugg said:

Bob Seger
    oh shit, right.
    I always thought they were the same person.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Ok so here's the Ar story. Like I said one year I decided to do a float trip down the Arkansas River with a friend and HIS friend who happened to be a Shaman for a tribe in Peru. That guy's brother came to the U.S. to visit, and brought us Ayhausca, and we tripped BALLS! I ran around a field for hours, " flying"! Lmao!! Ok so the next morning we get back into our canoes, and we start paddling down the river, still a little hung over from our trip, but it has this amazing effect... After you do Ayhuasca, you feel as though common foods ( processed foods, alcohol, etc..) are pollutants.. You distaste them! So I was craving fruit.. I really really wanted a nectarine.. Don't know why just did.. So here we are floating down the river, and I'm learning Peruvian chant songs... We round the bend, and there's this little shriveled up old man sitting on a dock, with bushel baskets full of various fruits. So we paddle over. We tie off, get out, climb up onto the dock... And begin to
    Peruse fruit baskets. This guy was ON me.. Like white on rice.. And he kept sniffing me, he'd be like mmmm you need a peach. So I'm creeped out, my friend Chad is laughing his ass off and Suumni, the Shaman, recognizes some spiritual gift in this guy, and tells me. Buy the peaches.. So I buy A peach. I get back in the canoe to wait, and I'm eating the peach.. Halfway through, I discover I want lots of peaches.. So I end up
    Buying the whole bushel.. And the little old man smiles with no teeth, and no
    Hair, and one blind eye.. And says. God told me you'd be here for the peaches.. Weird experience. But those were some delicious peaches! We ended up handing them
    Out as we floated on down the river.. But that little old guy.. He was a trip..

Ok so here's the Ar story. Like I said one year I decided to do a float trip down the Arkansas River with a friend and HIS friend who happened to be a Shaman for a tribe in Peru. That guy's brother came to the U.S. to visit, and brought us Ayhausca, and we tripped BALLS! I ran around a field for hours, " flying"! Lmao!! Ok so the next morning we get back into our canoes, and we start paddling down the river, still a little hung over from our trip, but it has this amazing effect... After you do Ayhuasca, you feel as though common foods ( processed foods, alcohol, etc..) are pollutants.. You distaste them! So I was craving fruit.. I really really wanted a nectarine.. Don't know why just did.. So here we are floating down the river, and I'm learning Peruvian chant songs... We round the bend, and there's this little shriveled up old man sitting on a dock, with bushel baskets full of various fruits. So we paddle over. We tie off, get out, climb up onto the dock... And begin to
    Peruse fruit baskets. This guy was ON me.. Like white on rice.. And he kept sniffing me, he'd be like mmmm you need a peach. So I'm creeped out, my friend Chad is laughing his ass off and Suumni, the Shaman, recognizes some spiritual gift in this guy, and tells me. Buy the peaches.. So I buy A peach. I get back in the canoe to wait, and I'm eating the peach.. Halfway through, I discover I want lots of peaches.. So I end up
    Buying the whole bushel.. And the little old man smiles with no teeth, and no
    Hair, and one blind eye.. And says. God told me you'd be here for the peaches.. Weird experience. But those were some delicious peaches! We ended up handing them
    Out as we floated on down the river.. But that little old guy.. He was a trip..

cool story

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

Damn, I didn't know you can just eat the plant. I was told you have to prepare like no meats or diary for a month before the trip. My buddy went to Peru to do this and the way he described it, there was no way anyone would've been canoeing anywhere or flying in a field. There was some crazy puking at first, then a look inside himself and then he had a conversation with the "one". Guess everyone trips differently and the potency could be a factor. Good for you. I've always wanted to try that.
  • Well they did tell us we couldn't eat any dairy for the day before because it is 'dirty' foods. Lol but he never said anything about Meats. As for puking oh god there was some puking... Lots of puking.. But the more you puke, the more intense it gets.. And you can't just eat it.. It has to be prepared. We spent three days in that spot letting those two brothers get it just right. They ground, and juiced, and mixed, and pulped, and strained and re-pulped.. There was a lot of prep. When we finally drank it, it was very mushy, and it stinks. You drunk the root pulp first, if I remember right, then we did a series of prayers, and after about ten minutes we drank the juice that was pulled from the vine.. After a bout fifteen minutes puking commenced.. Then you drank more of the vine juice followed by a small dose of pulp.. Which you chewed that time.. Then more puking.. And more puking.. Let's just say they hand out buckets at the ceremonies.. Lol. But once the wrenching ends... Wow!!! The next morning, I still kept seeing tracers! And whisks of visions.. It took like four hours for us to feel like we could continue our journey..
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Call me old fashioned, but that does not sound like a good time to me.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Call me old fashioned, but that does not sound like a good time to me.

Oh my lord, that's the truth - I try to stay away from anything that'll make me puke.

Gimme the green any day!
  • Oh but the trip is so amazing!! It was definitely worth the experience!! Speaking of green.. Time to wake n' bake!! :-)
  • rr165892 said:

imalive said:

Talk about a rim shot!
    :rofl:
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

Oh but the trip is so amazing!! It was definitely worth the experience!! Speaking of green.. Time to wake n' bake!! :-)

Definitely not for me, but I'm happy to experience it vicariously through you =)
  • :-D
    this thread has veered way off topic.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12