Stupid stuff overheard at the bar...

I'm at the bar right now, and I just can't help but overhear the girl at the next table freaking out... "what's 10% of $45? I need to know! Do you know? I need to know..."

smh
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    RKCNDY wrote: »
    I'm at the bar right now, and I just can't help but overhear the girl at the next table freaking out... "what's 10% of $45? I need to know! Do you know? I need to know..."

smh

That is where America is heading. And in fact...there is an app for that.

Or when I was a kid, we saw a 1 in the tens column and moved the decimal point over a spot
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • You should suggest to give $5.00 and ask for 50cents back and see her reaction.
  • You should suggest to give $5.00 and ask for 50cents back and see her reaction.

Lmfao!! Right?? At work today, ( we don't use the change button on our 1990's cash register.. We have to count change back..) this young girl gave me a twenty to pay for a 2.38 bill. So I give her 17.62 back.. She is confused as fuck.. Finally I had to count all of it out, cent by cent, And explain how I was figuring her change! She kept thinking she should only get 15 back.. Good thing I'm honest!!
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

smh

$1,50 right ??
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

smh

She's leaving only a 10% tip? Cheap and stupid.
    ELITIST FUK
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    SD48277 wrote: »

smh

Maybe she was wanting to figure out 10% then to multiply it by two. Or, well-- maybe not since she couldn't figure out 10% anyway. :insert shrugging shoulders guy because the emoji are down again:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SD48277 wrote: »

smh

Agree!! 15-20% minimum!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902

smh

she couldn't use her smartphone to figure it out?

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Was she blonde?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    edited February 2015
    What if the service sucked?? 10% still might have been too much for all we know...
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul presents a good point.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

smh

The clever server answers "10% of $45 is $9"
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    What if the service sucked?? 10% still might have been too much for all we know...

maybe the 10% wasn't even about a tip.....maybe she and nine other people were going in on something that cost $45.....but she doesn't sound bright enough to know 1/10 = 10%, so who knows?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • George Costanza was a bad tipper.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • SD48277 wrote: »

smh

Agree!! 15-20% minimum!

It Depends. If you're ordering a pint or bottle and walking away....10%

If you're asking for the bartender's adivce and taking up their time or a cocktail with a shitload of modifiers....15%-20%
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    badbrains wrote: »
    Was she blonde?

Not sure, she was in the next booth and they have pretty high backs.

Service is good, well at least when I go there...I'm a regular :sheepish smiling smiley:

It Depends. If you're ordering a pint or bottle and walking away....10%

If you're asking for the bartender's adivce and taking up their time or a cocktail with a shitload of modifiers....15%-20%

She was sitting in the next booth, not sure what the scenario was, by the time I got my first drink she was gone. Though, she did sound to be the type that was 'encouraged to leave'.

Generally I make it easy, leave a buck for a beer.

Nobody else hears stupid shit at the bar? I should go more often now...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I don't go to bars anymore. But the dumbest shit ever that I heard, was in Joplin Mo. I was sitting in a gay bar there. ( I loved that place!! It was sooooo much fun!) at the bar, minding my own business... When this really pretty little redhead sits next to me.. She smiles.. The most fuckrd up teeth ever!! ( I later learned that's because of the meth.. They smoke it there.. And it eats your teeth!!) she starts talking to me.. I can tell she's a bit of a backwoods special.. But I talk to her cause I'm bored and lonely. We get on the subject of school, and she discovers that I am a University graduate....and... then she said it.. The dumbest shit I have ever heard..At a bar or otherwise...
    She seriously said..." So you went to college, a really fancy one Huh?" ( me)"Yes." ( her) " oh GOOD!! Maybe you can answer this.. It's been bugging me my whole life.. Is there really a difference be tween there, they're and their? Or do they just spell them
    Different to confuse us?" I just sat there.. Rhee, the bartender has to walk away cause he's laughing so hard, shaking his head, and claiming he loves the entertainment value of his job! I had to get up and leave.. Honestly that was the best response.. Joplin made me cry.. Seriously something wrong with that place!! But living there was quite the adventure! Lol
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

Spoken like a true Canadian...
    poor little Joplin girl just needed clarification from someone smart.

if nothing else, the "meth teeth" ought to keep you off that shit....I heard they get that way because your teeth are where meth leaches from your body....kinda like sweating meth. :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859

smh

So what did her friends tell her? Did they know?

• HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    a bit of a backwoods special.

:lol:

• Hobbes wrote: »

If you've ever met people like this you KNOW what I'm taking about!! Sometimes, it gets Deliverance scary!!
    "Paddle faster I hear banjo music"
    Hobbes wrote: »

If you've ever met people like this you KNOW what I'm taking about!! Sometimes, it gets Deliverance scary!!

overheard at a bar: "you sure got a purty mouth"

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • There is a convenience store/gas station/car wash chain in the mid-Atlantic states called Sheetz. Well, damn near everyone where I live pronounces it 'Sheetzes'. It drives me up a fucking wall. I was talking to this girl one time in a bar and I brought this up. She argued with me that 'Sheetzes' was correct. I asked her what the big pieces of fabric are that you put on your bed. She said "sheets." I said "Exaclty! Sheets, not sheetses." (I almost wanted to call her Gollum at this point.)
    Shit you not, she looks at me with the straightest face and says "Well, the reason the store is pronounced Sheetzes is because it ends with a z, not an s."
    imalive wrote: »
    Hobbes wrote: »

overheard at a bar: "you sure got a purty mouth"

Says fat the redneck to city boy who just walked in.lol
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    eddiec said:

So what did her friends tell her? Did they know?

I could only hear them laughing at her...

There is a convenience store/gas station/car wash chain in the mid-Atlantic states called Sheetz. Well, damn near everyone where I live pronounces it 'Sheetzes'. It drives me up a fucking wall. I was talking to this girl one time in a bar and I brought this up. She argued with me that 'Sheetzes' was correct. I asked her what the big pieces of fabric are that you put on your bed. She said "sheets." I said "Exaclty! Sheets, not sheetses." (I almost wanted to call her Gollum at this point.)

Shit you not, she looks at me with the straightest face and says "Well, the reason the store is pronounced Sheetzes is because it ends with a z, not an s."

Do the people that work there call it Sheetzes?

- Christopher McCandless
    "I'll have a gin and tonic"

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    "Where's the restroom"
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    I was in a bar in Pensacola, Florida once in 1999.
    downstairs drinking, waiting for my friend's band to start playing upstairs.
    this old man who was fucking wasted kept asking, "Are you Navy".
    I seriously don't know what the fuck he was talking about?
    I had really long hair at the time, so I def wasn't in the Navy.
    is "Navy" like a code word for "Gay"?
    like the sticking your foot in the next stall because you have a wide stance kinda thing?
    fucker freaked me out... but they had the best jukebox ever.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore