NBC's Brian Williams

What an asshole!
Really? You piece of shit.

Me thinks he will no longer be around.
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    He pretty much Dan Rathered himself.
  • Jason P wrote: »
    What a clown.
    He remembered it wrong? hahaha
    He is a lying piece of garbage.
    Time for him to go away.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Jason P wrote: »
    What a clown.
    He remembered it wrong? hahaha
    He is a lying piece of garbage.
    Time for him to go away.

I can't see NBC allowing him to continue to be the face of their nightly news.

I guess I should learn something from this and stop telling people the story of when I scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School.
  • What a dope. His explanation for it is such a joke.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Brian is the new Hilary.

Disappointing and shameful.
  • All he does is read the news. Who cares? I dont.
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Walter Cronkite read the news and he was know as "the most trusted man in America".
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I am really disappointed by this. I can't see them firing him though Brian Williams is my Ron Burgunday, haha. Watch the NBC news every night and am a huge fan. Think he is a sincere and good dude. This sucks. Come on, Brian.

Fuck, Lara Logan made up a story about Benghazi and she is still around CBS
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,660
    Sincere is one of the last words I'd use to describe him.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    edited February 2015
    Sad as I thought he was better than this. The news is no longer news. Its just a long op ed piece the stations can use to sell advertising. I doubt he gets fired. They will sanction him some way we will never know about.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    Cliffy6745 wrote: »
    I am really disappointed by this. I can't see them firing him though Brian Williams is my Ron Burgunday, haha. Watch the NBC news every night and am a huge fan. Think he is a sincere and good dude. This sucks. Come on, Brian.

Fuck, Lara Logan made up a story about Benghazi and she is still around CBS

but she's hot.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    His daughter did just have some butt play on the HBO show girls the other week. Give the guy a break
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I misremembered to ......pay my bills
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I don't even know what you all are talking about, but I think Brian Williams does a bang up job anchoring the Olympic Games.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • He lied about taking fire in a helicopter squad in 2003. Soldiers who were there are saying it wasn't his chopper that was shot at. Now he said he misremembers. I think that's the skinny. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • CNN had a nice piece on it. The pilot of the chopper he was on confirmed he was flying with the squadron that had the chopper get shot down but his chopper only take on small arms fire. They also said Williams was in the back and couldn't see what was going on. You dont misremember getting shot down.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I've used this analogy before - it's like when testifying in court and being caught perjuring yourself. Credibility on all other testimony is severely diminished if not lost.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I like Brian. Sad.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,660
    Some questions now about his Katrina reporting, stuff about being rescued in the hotel stairwell from gangs by a young police officer who became his life long friend...sounds eerily similar to his life long friendship with the soldier who didn't save him from a shot down helicopter.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    edited February 2015
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    See, I don't get that. Dude goes out of his way not to flaunt his absurd amount of money.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Walter Cronkite read the news and he was know as "the most trusted man in America".

That was back when the news was a public service. News and their stations are privately owned, these owners have the right to tell the public whatever agenda they have. Brian Williams is merely a pawn and was likely told to lie for "ratings" because drama spikes ratings.
    Hobbes wrote: »

That was back when the news was a public service. News and their stations are privately owned, these owners have the right to tell the public whatever agenda they have. Brian Williams is merely a pawn and was likely told to lie for "ratings" because drama spikes ratings.

Exactly my point. No more credibility in the "news" anymore. No truth, just ratings. Might as well be on the E! Channel.
    edited February 2015
    ^^^ I understand your frustration, but isn't saying that there are no truth presented in the news quite an extreme exaggeration? Unless you only watch Fox News, of course? ;)

The news has to be watched with informed caution.... but what that has to do with an anchor twisting an old personal military story is beyond me.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Extreme exaggeration? Who am I, Brian Williams? :smiley:

It's more of a commentary on where we are at. Cronkite read the news and was trusted. Williams or fill-in-the-blank anchor reads the news and there is doubt. So you throw in a completely fabricated story to boost ratings, the trust kind of goes out the window.

I don't blame Williams, entirely. He's part of the machine. I've always liked him. His work on SNL or Fallon.
  • backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited February 2015
    Absolutely Hobbes. It's nice to have someone else here know about what the media pulls over on the public. I studied the media and marketing in college and still do, attempting to spread the word about the manipulative tactics at its very soul, but let's face it, people don't want their illusions destroyed. They want to believe that our govt tells us facts even though we will never see a casket of a dead serviceman in the news (thanks Bush), never see actual servicemen on the ground in war-torn areas, never see what our men and women are doing in the Middle East. It's all well protected, while we get to be distracted with a supposed "trustworthy" anchor being caught lying. Let's all get angry about the non-essentials. Because really, until people shut off the TV and other media and think critically about what we're being spoon fed by 6 corporations now owning the media in the U.S, we'll pretend that "they would never lie to us…"
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • We are all so stupid.
    edited February 2015
    I have a communications degree, so probably know better than most people how the media runs and to what extent news networks are full of shit and what tactics they use. My knowledge also dictates that a realistic perspective is the best thing to maintain.