2015 Super Bowl Halftime show

I like Katy Perry. I didn't know it until after the show. But damn, she's got a ton of hits. Who would of thought that "I kissed a girl" who launch a super star?

Lenny cravitz wasn't bad. Missy Eliot? Very strange. She should be kissing Katy Perry's feet for that. My 13 year old had no clue who she was. All in all, I thought it was a good halftime show.

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    edited February 2015
    I like Katy Perry. I didn't know it until after the show. But damn, she's got a ton of hits. Who would of thought that "I kissed a girl" who launch a super star?

Lenny cravitz wasn't bad. Missy Eliot? Very strange. She should be kissing Katy Perry's feet for that. My 13 year old had no clue who she was. All in all, I thought it was a good halftime show.

I have to agree. But she's a bit cheeseball for me lyrically. ( Katy Pary perry ??) Missy and Lenny were the highlight for me.. Over all better than I thought it was going to be!
  • Missy and the sharks were the only parts worth watching. This is what I get for being over at someone's house, forced to watch the half time show.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Missy and the sharks were the only parts worth watching. This is what I get for being over at someone's house, forced to watch the half time show.

The Sharks fucking cracked me up!!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    Kravitz
    I miss igotid88
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I thought you wrote "she's got a ton of tits" :D

Not a fan of Perry - cute for sure, but she just doesn't do it for me overall on the talent front. And Kravitz, hrrmph.

Shit, I've kissed a girl and I liked it. Who hasn't? No need to keep singing about it and then dragging Lenny into the mix.
  • Hey Lenny kissed a girl and he liked it too..
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I don't care about Katy Perry one way or the other. Her songs seem catchy and she has a good voice, and if someone is a fan I would understand why.

Love Lenny Kravitz. I just don't know Wtf he was involved in that show for. It seemed so pointless. Plus he did a poor job of syncing with the recording.

That was a heinous halftime show. The sets were all ridiculous looking. That giant lion looked moronic.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Not a fan of her music but the production of the show was quality. It was what it was supposed to be, a big over the top light show with pop music.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,463
    hedonist wrote: »
    I thought you wrote "she's got a ton of tits" :D.

=))
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Missy Elliot stole that show. Kinda eclipsed Lenny Kravitz which is a shame cuz he's got genuine talent.

I liked the dancing sharks.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,420
    Katy Perry was ok and yes she has a lot of hits BUT can we stop with trying to force rap and hip hop shit on us in a live setting. that shit doesn't work live. sorry Missy Elliott was god awful. Lenny Kravitz should pound his head against the wall that he had to lower himself to having to do about 30 seconds of that crap for a Katy Perry song. Felt bad for Lenny. He has way too much talent to be lowered to that level in my opinion. I mean could have at least let him play something of his own and not have to sing I Kissed a Girl.
  • pjhawks wrote: »
    Katy Perry was ok and yes she has a lot of hits BUT can we stop with trying to force rap and hip hop shit on us in a live setting. that shit doesn't work live. sorry Missy Elliott was god awful. Lenny Kravitz should pound his head against the wall that he had to lower himself to having to do about 30 seconds of that crap for a Katy Perry song. Felt bad for Lenny. He has way too much talent to be lowered to that level in my opinion. I mean could have at least let him play something of his own and not have to sing I Kissed a Girl.

I agree with you. But I still felt entertained by it.

But missy Elliott? I have no clue why she was there. I felt like it was 1998 and was waiting for puff daddy to come out.
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    edited February 2015
    And we might as well talk about this in this thread (Full credit goes to Whispering Hands for bringing it to my attention, making me laugh and then me finding this image on the web shortly thereafter: B8zWI6iCMAEPWMi.png
    Post edited by evsgjamm on
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • pjhawks wrote: »

I agree with you. But I still felt entertained by it.

But missy Elliott? I have no clue why she was there. I felt like it was 1998 and was waiting for puff daddy to come out.

Mr. Exit - miss Elliott was the role to follow in case Katy or Lenny didn't follow hip hop script.
    She would lay a beat down on them so fast it would make Lenny redo American woman all over again.

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    evsgjamm wrote: »
    And we might as well talk about this in this thread (Full credit goes to Whispering Hands for bringing it to my attention, making me laugh and then me finding this image on the web shortly thereafter: B8zWI6iCMAEPWMi.png

That's what I thought
    I miss igotid88
  • I asked nicely once. Stop fucking talking to me. Stop quoting my shit. I don't like you and don't ever want to converse with you
  • I asked nicely once. Stop fucking talking to me. Stop quoting my shit. I don't like you and don't ever want to converse with you

Your signature begs conversation though?
    And you are a frequent poster among the few.
    Elitist asshole?
    For fuck's sake.
  • I have no idea who Katy Perry is.
    And I still have no clue.

I never watched one second of halftime.
    I took a power nap instead.

Haha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • hedonist wrote: »
    For fuck's sake.

ouch
    if you call yourself an elitist you better put yourself in a position to play
    unlike the hawks
    For fuck's sake.

ouch
    unlike the hawks
    Ouch what?

My opinion means shit to anyone but me, but the hell with it. I've given you the benefit of the doubt through several similar comments / interactions here and if I'm way off, so be it. But if a fellow poster asks you to back off, is it THAT difficult to do so and ease up on the passive-aggressive shit?

And if not, keep it behind the scenes, please.
    For fuck's sake.

ouch
    unlike the hawks
    Ouch what?

My opinion means shit to anyone but me, but the hell with it. I've given you the benefit of the doubt through several similar comments / interactions here and if I'm way off, so be it. But if a fellow poster asks you to back off, is it THAT difficult to do so and ease up on the passive-aggressive shit?

am I talking to 3 people on the public forum or one?
    oh wow. what happened here?? Is this an old joke, or is it dead serious bashing? Am I jumping the gun if I'm the first to say IBTL? Smarten up jammer's or you're gonna get a slap. Leave the thread, swallow your pride, and follow these survival steps:
    1) close the current window
    2) load up some headphones into your beautiful ears
    3) lose yourself into something recommended by me, because you know this is gonna be good.
    4) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vsf3zYppP4
    5) Know that I love you
    6) Eat a bag of dill pickle chips
    7) Sip some cold ice water
    8) Don't forget to let the dog out
    9) Survive

oh my god that link... just discovered it lastnight and I tell ya, 45 seconds into the first track (headphones!!) and I am ALIVE. (albeit in the 80's)
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

For fuck's sake.

ouch
    unlike the hawks
    Ouch what?

Not sure what this means, unless you're playing dumb.

Either way, my time and energy is better spent elsewhere.

Cheers.
    For fuck's sake.

ouch
    unlike the hawks
    Ouch what?

Not sure what this means, unless you're playing dumb.

Either way, my time and energy is better spent elsewhere.

Cheers.

Not sure why you would even make a post that long to say cheers.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Dude, PjFan, you got 2 people telling you to basically chill. Instead of responding, why not respect it and chill. You got 2 people who a lot of people find cool all getting mad, common theme, you're making them mad. Just respect their requests and chill man.
  • badbrains wrote: »
    Dude, PjFan, you got 2 people telling you to basically chill. Instead of responding, why not respect it and chill. You got 2 people who a lot of people find cool all getting mad, common theme, you're making them mad. Just respect their requests and chill man.

+1
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    you guys are making me type in yellow moon code now. I'll fly to your city / town / library and shovel your sidewalks, take your cat for a dog walk and cook you eggo me legos if it means kissing and making up (METAPHORICALLY FOR FRANK SAKES (cuz I think you need to be told very literally that I'm making a metaphor and I hate using brackets inside brackets (or do iiiiiiiii) )) I failed at calculus 3-5 times. Still walked out with a degree. Use your degree. Jeeps am I ever on a tear tonight. CAFFEINE IS BACK BITCHEZZZZZZ - follow my survival guide.

If you want to survive.

• badbrains wrote: »

Heard.
    It's been a rum night.
    I am picking up what you are putting down
  • I read "a ton of tits" too, and sure sheis well endowed. This was my first ever halftime show to watch and I thought it was like a circus. Very well executed, but very poppy too. Too perfect to strike me. Katy Perry's facial expressions made me laugh. At our family christmas party this year, they did karaoke, and the ladies were dancing like pop stars, and made that gesture with the fist pulling "it in", and said "bring it home" all the time. Just like KP. That cracked me up so much :)) I was wondering why Lenny Kravitz agreed to something like this, but I bet I would have done it for the money too. This show must have cost a fortune. Very well executed, but still it felt bland and boring somehow. I was surprised that everybody was able to sing when KP asked the audience to.
This discussion has been closed.