Options

***Official*** petition to publish the set list for each show before the lottery

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    demetrios wrote: »
    dracula.gif

It would suck, BIG TIME, to know what songs in advance the band would play live on stage days, weeks & months before the show.

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    derbydave wrote: »
    boyo79 wrote: »
    Well we all know Pendulum will open.....

^^^THIS^^^
    And I can guarantee you'll hear "Do The Evolution" at the show if I'm there!!!
    =)) =)) =))

If I could get a list of shows derbydave is going to before the lottery because it would be nice to hear DTE, but not at every show I attend. :))
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited January 2015
    Hobbes wrote: »

^^^THIS^^^
    =)) =)) =))

If I could get a list of shows derbydave is going to before the lottery because it would be nice to hear DTE, but not at every show I attend. :))

I'm 17 for 20...
    and one of the 20 was the '96 Seattle show before Yield came out!!
    The other 2 shows it wasn't played were 2000 Columbus & Night 2 of PJ20...
    because it WAS played Night 1!!
    I've heard it at EVERY show I've attended since 2011 ~X(
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Could you imagine the uproar if everyone knew last May the set lists for Moline (No Code) and Milwaukee (Yield) before tickets went on sale.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Seriously, I don't want to know before the show. I know where my husband keeps my Christmas gifts and even though I accidentally found the box with my birthday gift, I didn't look. I didn't look because I LIKE SURPRISES!

Could you imagine all of the threads with people bitching because they don't want to hear this or want to hear that? Sweet Jesus, don't feed that.

So nope, sorry. Don't want to know in advance. [-(
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I guess I don't see what the big deal would be if we were told we could hear a full album played
    at a show before tickets went on sale!
    It would build up some excitement for me!!
    Other groups routinely go on tour saying they will be playing a certain album in it's entirety.
    AND it's not like Pearl Jam REALLY change the setlists up that much night to night anyway!!

'16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    I guess I don't see what the big deal would be if we were told we could hear a full album played
    Other groups routinely go on tour saying they will be playing a certain album in it's entirety.
    AND it's not like Pearl Jam REALLY change the setlists up that much night to night anyway!!

I see what you're saying but what made Moline and Milwaukee so amazing was figuring out in real time what the band was up too and what a special night it was going to be.

I saw the set-list before the Kansas City show back in 1998 and knowing what was coming up next did take a lot away from the experience of the other shows on that tour. In fact...it might be up there as my least favorite Pearl Jam show.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options

I see what you're saying but what made Moline and Milwaukee so amazing was figuring out in real time what the band was up too and what a special night it was going to be.

I saw the set-list before the Kansas City show back in 1998 and knowing what was coming up next did take a lot away from the experience of the other shows on that tour. In fact...it might be up there as my least favorite Pearl Jam show.

But my least favorite Pearl Jam show is still better than every other show I've ever seen.

Except for Randy Watson and his band in Queens back in 1987. Nothing will beat that night!

• Options
    I was fortunate to be in Moline for the show and I'll agree,
    it was fun to "discover" what was was happening that night!!
    I also really wouldn't mind knowing that I could hear Binaural or S/T in it's entirety,
    before I bought tickets...
    this could add a whole level to show selection for the 10 Club lottery too!!!
    Think about how easy it would be to get tickets to the BACKSPACER show =))

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    FrankieG wrote: »
    guys, I think this was a joke...

Yea, he got me.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Should've known better. Horos in the porch....ha!
  • Options
    I guess it would be like the Offspring doing their whole album tour?
    PJ isn't the offspring though and I enjoy not knowing what's coming.
    Interesting idea but not for most PJ fans.

I would like a few new encores though. Kick out the jams was a nice surprise.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Best idea I've heard yet. I'll sign this bitch
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300
    I think what really needs to be pointed out here is that this idea would RUIN the "setlist" threads over on the GTF forum. For those of us that can't make it to a show they're the best thing about this place at tour time! :)

Also, can you imagine the uproar that would be caused if PJ scratched a song from a set after people had specifically chosen to go to that show because of the setlist?

http://youtu.be/JmzuRXLzqKk
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I was fortunate to be in Moline for the show and I'll agree,
    it was fun to "discover" what was was happening that night!!
    I also really wouldn't mind knowing that I could hear Binaural or S/T in it's entirety,
    before I bought tickets...
    this could add a whole level to show selection for the 10 Club lottery too!!!
    Think about how easy it would be to get tickets to the BACKSPACER show =))
    The whole thing would be considered a bathroom break?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,448
    How can they let us know so soon, when they don't know what the set list will be until close to show time.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    edited January 2015
    Eddie how do you feel about this idea? Kind of like your blond hair?
    ritaedpatti5.jpg
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Some of us don't get to travel as much and don't get to many shows.

Would it just be fair to give some of us the chance to hear that one special song?

They could easily come up with diverse setlists in advance. This would even give them more time to practice up on the rarities. Maybe they could just make it an option show most of you wouldn't have the show ruined.
    #FHP
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Could you really picture the guys following a set list that was scripted 2 months in advance? The set list is generally created the day of the show and they make changes to it, asking them to stick to one that was made two months ago is never going to happen, nor should it IMO.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    So I heard a funny joke the other day
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    lol what a dumb idea
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    badbrains wrote: »
    So I heard a funny joke the other day

That was HILARIOUS!!!! =))

• Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375

^^^THIS^^^
    =)) =)) =))

You are too funny, Dave. I loved running over to your section in Lincoln when they played DTE just to see your face since we had talked about it on our drive from Tulsa! Totally PRICELESS!!! :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    heck no. one of my biggest show regret experiences ever was when i was given the set list (copy) heading to my seat and i knew every song coming next. one of the best experiences is that anticipation of what is coming next and seeing how quickly you can guess it after hearing 1 note, 2 notes etc
    some gifts are best when left unwrapped until it's time to open them

I agree!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    As much as I love Dave, I have to seriously think twice about seeing a show with him. He seems to get all the songs that I'm over.

Fuck it, I'll party with Dave at any show. Even if DTE is played. Or EF or pendulum or betterman.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Horos wrote: »
    I'm hoping this will catch on. I mean wouldn't it be easier for everyone to choose a show if they knew the setlist in advance. Everyone has their own favorites and knowing the songs would help reduce the number of people going for each show. And those of us on tighter budgets would have an easier decision on travel plans. I don't know I got the idea from a little birdie. Hope it's a sign of things to come.

Worst.Idea.Ever. Part of the live show experience is the anticipation. I don't even want to know the setlist minutes before the show, let alone days and months.
  • Options
    Why not, it's not like pearl jam DOESNT know who's gonna be on the rail night in and night out. Same fucken people. Would be super funny if they posted some shitty setlist to a show and turn around and play something crazy to throw us for a loop. And all those "regulars" who decided to skip that show get all butt hurt. Def have thread after thread of bitching. I'm just saying.
  • Options
    The speech from Billy Madison. You know the one. I don't need to post it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

^^^THIS^^^
    =)) =)) =))

You are too funny, Dave. I loved running over to your section in Lincoln when they played DTE just to see your face since we had talked about it on our drive from Tulsa! Totally PRICELESS!!! :)
    That was a BLAST!!!
    You should've seen Matt ribbing me in Detroit when they didn't play it until the opening song of the 2nd Encore!!
    He said something like "Did you REALLY think they were NOT going to play DTE tonight???...SUCKAH!!!"

That's what FRIENDS are for!!! =))

• Options
    badbrains wrote: »
    As much as I love Dave, I have to seriously think twice about seeing a show with him. He seems to get all the songs that I'm over.

Fuck it, I'll party with Dave at any show. Even if DTE is played. Or EF or pendulum or betterman.

ANYTIME buddy...
    YOU know we'll have a GREAT time no matter what songs are played!!
    AND we'll definitely get DTE...
    You can count on that!!
    :-bd