UFC 182

whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
edited January 2015 in All Encompassing Trip
Who do you think is going to win tonight?

UFC 182 5 votes

Jon Jones
60%
davidtriosWhatYouTaughtMeHughFreakingDillon 3 votes
Daniel Cormier
40%
badbrainswhispering hands 2 votes
I'll wait and see
0%

Comments

• Daniel Cormier
    Sorry for the double post of topic!
  • Is Jon Jones the guy who broke his leg in half with that kick?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Daniel Cormier
    That was Anderson Silva. Jon Jones has been the light heavyweight champ for like four or five years now.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    UFC SUCKS!

a ridiculous display in a supposedly civilized society.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Daniel Cormier
    It is a legitimate sport. Just like Boxing, Karate, etc.
  • Jon Jones
    I have such a weird feeling about UFC. Sometimes I really enjoy watching these guys beat one another and sometimes it literally makes me nauseous watching someone get beaten. That being said, I'm going with Jones. I think it could go either way though.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Daniel Cormier
    Looking at the entrances of both fighters, DC looks like he wants it. Jones looks like he expects to win. Gonna be awesome. Let's see what happens. I say DC in rd 3
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,902
    It is a legitimate sport. Just like Boxing, Karate, etc.

No, it's a last chance career choice for folks like "Meathead Rob Lowe"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Daniel Cormier
    Damn, can anyone beat bones? His reach and fucken elbows are unstoppable. And he's got some fucken strength. Threw down DC 3 times like a rag doll. I give DC props, he didn't lose that bad. I would've gave it 3 rds to 2. But bones got the 2 championship rds. Can't wait to Gustavson/jones 2.
  • Daniel Cormier
    badbrains wrote: »
    Damn, can anyone beat bones? His reach and fucken elbows are unstoppable. And he's got some fucken strength. Threw down DC 3 times like a rag doll. I give DC props, he didn't lose that bad. I would've gave it 3 rds to 2. But bones got the 2 championship rds. Can't wait to Gustavson/jones 2.

Oh FUCK yeah!! We were just talking about that! If Gustavson hadn't gassed in the fourth in their last fight I think he would have taken Jones!! Can't wait for 2!!
  • Daniel Cormier
    I have such a weird feeling about UFC. Sometimes I really enjoy watching these guys beat one another and sometimes it literally makes me nauseous watching someone get beaten. That being said, I'm going with Jones. I think it could go either way though.

That is the beauty of the sport!! You never know, it can always go either way.. I've been watching this sport since 95' when hardly anyone knew about it.. And I've seen a lot of upsets that no one saw coming. But Jones is an excellent fighter, very creative and unique in how he mixes all the studies up in each fight. I just think it's time for a new champion, and I honestly thought Cormier was going to do that.. Oh well, COME ON GUSTAVSON!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,473
    gina carano
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    was CM Punk there? qcJ5Ee0.gif
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I stopped watching the ufc when it became like boxing and the judges were paid off. The very first match I thought was rigged was Forrest Griffin vs Rampage Jackson. Jackson clearly won the fight. Griffin was more active but less productive. I watched a couple more after that, but it had been infiltrated and is as crooked as boxing.
  • Daniel Cormier
    Sometimes agree! And Yes Dave that dork was there..
    Daniel Cormier

Jon joes tests positive for coke and enters rehab. Dude, it stays in your body for 3 days, must of been partying Friday night. What a choch
  • Jon Jones
    Just read up on it. Trace amounts in a test from early December. That's the rationale for not negating the win. The results were known well before the fight of course. Hope he kicks his habit if it's bad enough for rehab.
  • Daniel Cormier
    Just read up on it. Trace amounts in a test from early December. That's the rationale for not negating the win. The results were known well before the fight of course. Hope he kicks his habit if it's bad enough for rehab.

Right?
    Daniel Cormier
    Fuck jones, he's a fucken beast. I honestly don't know if anyone can beat him. He's one of those that ends up beating himself.
  • Jon Jones
    I don't know him personally but I've met him once. He came up after me in the area I grew up. Definitely has a rep for liking to party. Hope he doesn't squander that talent.
  • badbrains wrote: »

Jon joes tests positive for coke and enters rehab. Dude, it stays in your body for 3 days, must of been partying Friday night. What a choch

Jon "Bumps" Jones
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Jon Jones
    The funniest part is they weren't even supposed to be testing him for that. Only peds. Oops!
    Daniel Cormier
    Rod, that's what I'm gonna call him from now on. Takes fist "bumps" to a whole new meaning. Hahaha
  • Daniel Cormier
    badbrains wrote: »

Jon "Bumps" Jones

Hahahaha!! Too funny!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,525
    Jon Jones
    I wanted DC to win, just because Jones seemed like such an ass. Figured Jones would win, and I also figured it would be a snoozer like it was. Jones gets criticized for being in a weight class that isn't fair to other fighters....they might have a point. how can you beat someone who has a reach advantage like that? it's damn near impossible. obviously, he has a load of talent to go along with it, but that reach is just too much to overcome.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,525
    Jon Jones
    I stopped watching the ufc when it became like boxing and the judges were paid off. The very first match I thought was rigged was Forrest Griffin vs Rampage Jackson. Jackson clearly won the fight. Griffin was more active but less productive. I watched a couple more after that, but it had been infiltrated and is as crooked as boxing.

I watch it a LOT, and there are very few instances where the judges are incorrect. it happens, but it's rare, especially in the bigger fights.

a significant strike is a significant strike. they don't judge if one significant strike is harder than another. it is marked on the scorecard as the same. so based on your explanation (I don't recall that fight), it sounds like it was judged properly.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Daniel Cormier
    Wow, Gustavson git destroyed tonight. WOW, so much for that
  • Jon Jones
    Yep, was hoping for the rematch with Jones.
  • Daniel Cormier
    I know.. That would have been good .. Not now!! Lol
    Daniel Cormier
    God damn that right was brutal. The ref have Alex every opportunity to fight back but no good. After the eye gauge, that dude DESTROYED alex and fucked up the whole Light Heavey Weight Division.