***OFFI-cal "Dont you hate it when...." thread***

Don't you hate it when you get numbed up at the dentists office and unknowingly bite a chunk of your cheek the size of a dime. I didn't realize it happened until the blood started drooling out of my mouth and I started to taste blood.

Now that the feeling is starting to get the feeling back in my cheek, I'm feeling what basically a huge hole. This is going to be sore.

Comments

• Don't you hate it when you flex and your shirt rips? I hate it when that happens.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    Don't you hate it when you flex and your shirt rips? I hate it when that happens.

or when you get aroused and your crotch rips? same kinda thing.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    imalive wrote: »
    Don't you hate it when you flex and your shirt rips? I hate it when that happens.

Any chick admits to this and I'm outta here!
    :-D
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited December 2014
    =))
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    hedonist wrote: »

=)) ok then....I had to think about that for a second.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote: »
    hedonist wrote: »

=)) ok then....I had to think about that for a second.

Peace

still thinking.... :-?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • That wasn't the direction I saw this thread turn to at all. But that was funny as hell.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    You are an OFFI-cal idiot! =))
    imalive Posts: 14,147
    December 27
    WhatYouTaughtMe wrote: »

or when you get aroused and your crotch rips? same kinda thing

And here I thought that only happens to me....nice to know I'm not alone.
    ^^^^fuck these bullshit quotes man. Wtf
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited December 2014
    I've just stopped trying to quote on my phone. I just post a response and hope people just know who I am talking to. Speaking of, don't you hate when you try to quote on your phone and it says null.
  • I've just stopped trying to quote on my phone. I just post a response and hope people just know who I am talking to. Speaking of, don't you hate when you try to quote on your phone and it says null.

I do not have that problem
    You're still an idiot ^^^^^ =))
  • badbrains wrote: »
    You're still an idiot ^^^^^ =))

Coming from the guy that has to use ^^^^^ instead of quoting!!!
    =))
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Don't you hate it when your kid brings home a cold or some such sickness and then you catch it....damn children!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    Okay, you win with the kid cold thing. (Ewww! Trying to avoid that one with Oscillo right now myself.) However, how about when you walk through a parking lot full of snow and get parking lot sludge all the way back up the legs of your pants?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • My current fav.....when you finish shovelling your driveway and the snow plow is nice enough to come along and dump a whole bunch more at the end of said driveway for you.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    shoveling in general is an exercise in futility.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • That is true, however they don't call where I live the Great White North for no good reason. Eventually I wouldn't be able to leave my house.......

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    My current fav.....when you finish shovelling your driveway and the snow plow is nice enough to come along and dump a whole bunch more at the end of said driveway for you.
    In our house, we refer to that as getting our driveway sealed shut. If you don't go out right away and scoop up the wet and heavy road sludge, it is like trying to drive over glaciers on the way out. We live on a dead end road with a lot of neighbors who own snow blowers. Within 10 minutes of the plow coming through, we're all out in force. Sometimes, people come through and clear the gunk out for me so that I don't have to wrench my back.

The great white north hasn't really come to us yet. I mean, we've had snow, but nothing like what we had last year. It was a green Christmas. So very sad. I would happily take some of your snow. Give it in feet! Nothing like having a day at home, making soup out of whatever is in the cupboards and going to play in the snow.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    deadendp wrote: »
    My current fav.....when you finish shovelling your driveway and the snow plow is nice enough to come along and dump a whole bunch more at the end of said driveway for you.
    In our house, we refer to that as getting our driveway sealed shut. If you don't go out right away and scoop up the wet and heavy road sludge, it is like trying to drive over glaciers on the way out. We live on a dead end road with a lot of neighbors who own snow blowers. Within 10 minutes of the plow coming through, we're all out in force. Sometimes, people come through and clear the gunk out for me so that I don't have to wrench my back.

The great white north hasn't really come to us yet. I mean, we've had snow, but nothing like what we had last year. It was a green Christmas. So very sad. I would happily take some of your snow. Give it in feet! Nothing like having a day at home, making soup out of whatever is in the cupboards and going to play in the snow.

yup.....here in Salt Lake City aka shit lake salty, we had no snow until Christmas eve.....then we got like 10 inches and it's snowing again, as we speak....

anyway......let's get back to ripped crotches!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Don't you hate it when you are cutting up steak, and your hand starts to act up and the knife goes straight into your eye? Omg, I hate it when that happens.
  • If this happening with any kind of frequency you may want to consider cutting steak while wearing protective eye wear from now on...just saying, safety first :-\"

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    don't you hate it when you are driving and really have to piss and you can't find an exit....
    and you have to use a pissbottle?

got to improve your aim

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    edited December 2014
    Thank you northerndragon, yes I do wear steak protection on my face now while dining. Sounds like this may have happened to you a time or two perhaps as well?

Another thing
    ...I hate it when I accidently wash a kitchen appliance in the sink . UGGGH!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    lolobugg wrote: »
    don't you hate it when you are driving and really have to piss and you can't find an exit....
    and you have to use a pissbottle?

got to improve your aim

I have great aim...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    edited December 2014
    Don't you hate it when boys passive aggressively brag about being able to pee anywhere....
    Post edited by northerndragon on

edited December 2014
    Don't you hate it when boys passive aggressively brag about being to pee anywhere....

=))
    you can do it too.
    it just takes practice.
    and it helps if you have had a few brews....for the courage factor.

pissbottle man woman!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Courage is not the problem if I gots to pee then I'll make it happen, however peeing in a bottle so I don't have to pull over takes far too much effort and planning...hell nothing like a road trip in a skirt with no undies just so I can attempt to pee in a bottle.
    Otherwise if a girls gotta go a girls gotta go, whether it be in a snowbank or the bushes at the golf course...although now that I think about it all of those times were precluded by a fair amount of beverage intake...hmmmmmm

edited December 2014
    Courage is not the problem if I gots to pee then I'll make it happen, however peeing in a bottle so I don't have to pull over takes far too much effort and planning...hell nothing like a road trip in a skirt with no undies just so I can attempt to pee in a bottle.
    Otherwise if a girls gotta go a girls gotta go, whether it be in a snowbank or the bushes at the golf course...although now that I think about it all of those times were precluded by a fair amount of beverage intake...hmmmmmm

\m/

or you could wear a diaper like that stalker lady did a few years back.

http://www.denverpost.com/sitemap/ci_5167528

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore