Options

Greatest Fucking Show...

PhilJamPhilJam Posts: 6
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Tonight in Cincy... all I can say is WOW!!! My 7th PJ show over the last 12 plus years and I am absolutely floored by how phenomenal that show was... as my ears are still ringing.

The energy of the crowd was unlike any I have EVER witnessed. Eddie was in the best mood I have ever seen... and you could totally tell he was feeding off the energy.

I was also extremely fortunate to share this phenomenal experience with my lovely wife.

Present Tense, Corduroy, Crazy Mary, Leash, Wishlist, Hail Hail... I could go on and on about the set list... and the ENERGY... it was unlike anything I have ever witnessed.

I have been to dozens of concerts, 7 PJ concerts... and this was hands down the greatest of all time.

Eddie, Stone, Mike, Jeff, Matt, and Boom... thank you for a special night.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,545
    Crowd was freaking amazing. Setlist was not. Still had a blast and rocked out.
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    sounds like it was a great show!! wish I could have been there :(---my plans fell through. hope my friends that went had a great time!! I would have loved to hear Long Road and Baba O'Riley live!!
  • Options
    jubilairesjljubilairesjl Posts: 497
    Crowd was freaking amazing. Setlist was not. Still had a blast and rocked out.
    I thought the setlist was freakin' amazing! Save You!!! LBC!! Green Disease!!! what a great show!!
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • Options
    Bumping this for all the peeps that witnessed the Cincy show last night.

Let's see your thoughts.

Truly amazing show.
  • Options
    greenampgreenamp Posts: 17
    I thought the setlist was great. The crowd was freaking awesome.
    US Bank Arena sound was crappy.
  • Options
    greenampgreenamp Posts: 17
    PS: Cincinnati, I'm not impressed with your city at all. At midnight there was NOTHING to eat anywhere unless you got your car outta parking and drove 10 minutes.
  • Options
    the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    I thought the setlist was freakin' amazing! Save You!!! LBC!! Green Disease!!! what a great show!!

right on.

riot act got some much deserved love.
  • Options
    mozman88mozman88 Posts: 38
    All I can say is.....HOLY SHIT!! I'm so drained from rocking my ass off last night.

2000 - Indianapolis(8/18)
    2003 - Champaign(4/23), Indianapolis(6/22),
    Columbus(6/24), Hershey(7/12)
    2006 - Chicago (5/16), Chicago (5/17), Cincinnati (6/24)
    2007 - Vic -Chicago (8/2), Lollapalooza - Chicago (8/5)
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    PhilJam wrote:
    Tonight in Cincy... all I can say is WOW!!! My 7th PJ show over the last 12 plus years and I am absolutely floored by how phenomenal that show was... as my ears are still ringing.

The energy of the crowd was unlike any I have EVER witnessed. Eddie was in the best mood I have ever seen... and you could totally tell he was feeding off the energy.

I was also extremely fortunate to share this phenomenal experience with my lovely wife.

Present Tense, Corduroy, Crazy Mary, Leash, Wishlist, Hail Hail... I could go on and on about the set list... and the ENERGY... it was unlike anything I have ever witnessed.

I have been to dozens of concerts, 7 PJ concerts... and this was hands down the greatest of all time.

Eddie, Stone, Mike, Jeff, Matt, and Boom... thank you for a special night.

It is so cool to read that american brothers still believe PEARL JAM IS THE BEST FUCKIN BAND ON THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!! I am happy you had that time of your life!!!!!!! And more comes...don't forget them:)!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    PhilJam wrote:

The show was great and all, but I'm surprised you rank it higher than Cleveland 06. IMO, Cleveland was a WAY better show. Better setlist, better venue, better sound. The crowd was probably better in Cincy, though. The crowd was unreal last night.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options
    i felt the exact same way about friday in pittsburgh... it was just unbelievable... the absolute best of the 9 shows i saw...
    he's not a leader, he's a texas leaguer...

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

SiGN THiS PETiTiON TO STOP THE REAL ID ACT!...
    http://www.petitiononline.com/antiID/petition.html
  • Options
    Agreed on the venue. US Bank Arena is very small and the sound just seems contained a bit more. I like them better in outdoor venues, but I am glad they didn't go back to Riverbend (at least we didn't have to deal with the let down of being flooded out again.)

It was a great show--we started at the pre-concert party and rocked there and then rocked at the concert. I am still having a hard time talking!

Highlights for me: My brother calling that they would open with "Long Road," the disco ball (a welcome return), "RVM," and "Inside Job."

I could go on and on, actually...they are just OUTSTANDING!
    ~A compliment for us, is a compliment for you.~

• Options
    RockKing wrote:
    The show was great and all, but I'm surprised you rank it higher than Cleveland 06. IMO, Cleveland was a WAY better show. Better setlist, better venue, better sound. The crowd was probably better in Cincy, though. The crowd was unreal last night.

I can see where you are coming from... each show I've been to has it's unique feel and greatness about it. But I think the reason I'm so high on this Cincy show is the energy... every member of the crowd AND every member of the band... the energy was truly electric and really amazing.

Finally a show where it appeared everybody there knew the boys and their tunes very well. After these recent shows where by my observation about 1/2 the people are sitting 1/2 the time and don't know but 1 or 2 songs... it was a breath of fresh air to be completely surrounded from top to bottom by fellow KNOWLEDGABLE PJ fans... and you could tell that Eddie and the band knew what type of crowd they had on this night.
  • Options
    Agreed on the venue. US Bank Arena is very small and the sound just seems contained a bit more. I like them better in outdoor venues, but I am glad they didn't go back to Riverbend (at least we didn't have to deal with the let down of being flooded out again.)

It was a great show--we started at the pre-concert party and rocked there and then rocked at the concert. I am still having a hard time talking!

Highlights for me: My brother calling that they would open with "Long Road," the disco ball (a welcome return), "RVM," and "Inside Job."

I could go on and on, actually...they are just OUTSTANDING!

I must confess... I told my wife they would open with Long Road! Great call by your brother... and me too! :)

Oh, btw, I am from KY as well!

Peace!
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    It is so cool to read that american brothers still believe PEARL JAM IS THE BEST FUCKIN BAND ON THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!! I am happy you had that time of your life!!!!!!! And more comes...don't forget them:)!

Absolutley brother!!! Fucking ROCK ON PEARL JAM!!!!!
  • Options
    PhilJam wrote:
    Finally a show where it appeared everybody there knew the boys and their tunes very well. After these recent shows where by my observation about 1/2 the people are sitting 1/2 the time and don't know but 1 or 2 songs... it was a breath of fresh air to be completely surrounded from top to bottom by fellow KNOWLEDGABLE PJ fans... and you could tell that Eddie and the band knew what type of crowd they had on this night.

AMEN!

I was in MSG in 2003, and nearly everyone in the section we were in was sitting THE WHOLE TIME (except my husband and I), and they kept yelling "Play something from TEN...play JEREMY!" I was sooooo ticked off that they didn't appreciate all of their stuff. I didn't hear that once last night. My only worry was the drunk kid behind me who passed out on his chair...and missed the whole show. Poor kid...doesn't know what he missed. That was on hell of a night.

Phil-where in KY? Did you go to the pre-concert party?

• Options
    mdg164mdg164 Posts: 206
    You people who think the crowd was good must not have been to many PJ shows.
    09/02/00 09/05/00
    04/25/03 05/02/03 5/3/03 6/24/03 6/28/03 7/5/03 7/6/03 7/11/03 7/12/03 7/14/03
    09/28/04 09/29/04 10/01/04 10/02/04
    09/28/05 09/30/05 10/03/05
    5/24/06 5/25/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/01/06 6/03/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 7/22/06 7/23/06
    6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    greenamp wrote:
    PS: Cincinnati, I'm not impressed with your city at all. At midnight there was NOTHING to eat anywhere unless you got your car outta parking and drove 10 minutes.

Wow. You had to drive a whole ten minutes. How horrible. I just jumped on the barge, went back to the party and was able to eat there.
    Show me potato salald!!!
  • Options
    mdg164 wrote:
    You people who think the crowd was good must not have been to many PJ shows.

I just think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. If you didn't like it, that's fine...but don't insult those of us (who have been to MANY PJ shows) who thought the crowd was AMAZING.

Cheers to all who were there.

greenamp wrote:

I, too, jumped back on the party barge and found food aplenty waiting on the other side!

• Options
    I've been to more concerts than I can remember and last night the crowd was fing amazing. As I said in another thread, there was one tiny point where the senior ten club members sat down before the first encore but that was it. My ears are still ringing from the music and the crowd. I don't think the setlist was bad, I think it was very interesting and I'm glad the show didn't end with Ledbetter. As much as I love the song, I thought ending it with something different was cool.

Now on my other subject... The Cincinnati police need to remove the corncobs from their assholes. WTF is up with those guys. It was like the freaking SS. I went to the CCFA party in Newport (which I loved and met many wonderful people). I had 1/2 beer because my stomach can't really handle alcohol that well. We hopped on the beer barge and headed to the show. They gave you one free beer on the boat. I ended up drinking about 3/4 of it before we landed on the other side. We walked up to the venue which is right next to the boat ramp and headed up the stairs. A couple from Canada had asked if I would take their picture because it was beautiful yesterday and I was happy to hand my beer to my husband while I took their picture. As soon as the camera came up to my eyes I heard this pissed off voice saying "That wasn't very nice of you to set him up like that for a $100 fine!". I looked up and these three nazi cops in white uniforms took some very quick and scary strides towards me. I was frozen because these were rather large, scary looking guys and I'm 5'3". The main asshole grabbed the beer out of my husbands hand, tossed the beer out in a very threatening manner and informed us that "THIS IS NOT LAS VEGAS". WTF? There were people carrying beers all around us and not a word was said because a few people had carried their beers up from the dock. No signs were posted and the boat employees hadn't told us to dispose of our beers before we got off the boat. It's funny that it's ok for you to buy beer and drink it at the venue but you can't walk from the boat dock to the venue. Stupid laws. It was so aggressive and fast that I didn't even know what happened until it was over. I was not drunk nor was my husband. We were taking a picture for Christs sake and they acted like I was scoring drugs on a street corner. I witnessed various assholish cops roughing people up in the venue as well. Glad I don't live up there. No wonder the african american community is so scared of them. I sure was. They seem to be wound a tad bit too tight..... besides that and some guy being wasted from the beginning of the show and then throwing up everywhere after the second song, the show was amazing!!! Loved it!
    Who made up, made up the myth
    that we were born to be covered in bliss?
    who set the standard, born to be rich?
    such fine examples, skinny little bitch
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
    get some flesh to stick, so they look like us
    i shit and i stink, i'm real, join the club
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    i felt the exact same way about friday in pittsburgh... it was just unbelievable... the absolute best of the 9 shows i saw...
    best of my 7 shows
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    The show was right on...finally got to hear present tense live...inside job was also a nice treat...hail, hail and lukin...damn i could go on and on. GREAT SHOW....GREATER CROWD. was it just me or did bob pollard fuck up on baba o'reilly?
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    The show was right on...finally got to hear present tense live...inside job was also a nice treat...hail, hail and lukin...damn i could go on and on. GREAT SHOW....GREATER CROWD. was it just me or did bob pollard fuck up on baba o'reilly?

I think Mr. Pollard was way drunk by that time. He reminds me of a drunken uncle at a wedding or something but still loved him. He was cracking Ed up.
    Who made up, made up the myth
    that we were born to be covered in bliss?
    who set the standard, born to be rich?
    such fine examples, skinny little bitch
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
    get some flesh to stick, so they look like us
    i shit and i stink, i'm real, join the club
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    I want to THANK ALL of you for helping PEEL THE PAINT in the NATI last night!! Of all the 14 shows' ive hit, I've NEVER felt the intensity nor have I heard a crowd like that into it from the GET GO!!

NATI!!!! YOU KICKED ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was fortunate to have met TDUB and PBM!! Great guys!!
    TDUB... Thanks for helpin with hypin the crowd before we landed in the nati!!
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    I've been to more concerts than I can remember and last night the crowd was fing amazing. As I said in another thread, there was one tiny point where the senior ten club members sat down before the first encore but that was it. My ears are still ringing from the music and the crowd. I don't think the setlist was bad, I think it was very interesting and I'm glad the show didn't end with Ledbetter. As much as I love the song, I thought ending it with something different was cool.

Now on my other subject... The Cincinnati police need to remove the corncobs from their assholes. WTF is up with those guys. It was like the freaking SS. I went to the CCFA party in Newport (which I loved and met many wonderful people). I had 1/2 beer because my stomach can't really handle alcohol that well. We hopped on the beer barge and headed to the show. They gave you one free beer on the boat. I ended up drinking about 3/4 of it before we landed on the other side. We walked up to the venue which is right next to the boat ramp and headed up the stairs. A couple from Canada had asked if I would take their picture because it was beautiful yesterday and I was happy to hand my beer to my husband while I took their picture. As soon as the camera came up to my eyes I heard this pissed off voice saying "That wasn't very nice of you to set him up like that for a $100 fine!". I looked up and these three nazi cops in white uniforms took some very quick and scary strides towards me. I was frozen because these were rather large, scary looking guys and I'm 5'3". The main asshole grabbed the beer out of my husbands hand, tossed the beer out in a very threatening manner and informed us that "THIS IS NOT LAS VEGAS". WTF? There were people carrying beers all around us and not a word was said because a few people had carried their beers up from the dock. No signs were posted and the boat employees hadn't told us to dispose of our beers before we got off the boat. It's funny that it's ok for you to buy beer and drink it at the venue but you can't walk from the boat dock to the venue. Stupid laws. It was so aggressive and fast that I didn't even know what happened until it was over. I was not drunk nor was my husband. We were taking a picture for Christs sake and they acted like I was scoring drugs on a street corner. I witnessed various assholish cops roughing people up in the venue as well. Glad I don't live up there. No wonder the african american community is so scared of them. I sure was. They seem to be wound a tad bit too tight..... besides that and some guy being wasted from the beginning of the show and then throwing up everywhere after the second song, the show was amazing!!! Loved it!

sorry to hear about your bad experience with the cops...that does suck. on a lighter note...we now have a "Cincy-puker" ... no doubt this fellow can't live up to the legend of our pal the Boston-puker. Maybe we can get a "<insert city here>-puker" for every show. :D

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    sorry to hear about your bad experience with the cops...that does suck. on a lighter note...we now have a "Cincy-puker" ... no doubt this fellow can't live up to the legend of our pal the Boston-puker. Maybe we can get a "<insert city here>-puker" for every show. :D

ds

ROFLMAO!!! hilarious!!!
  • Options
    tdubtdub Posts: 226
    I want to THANK ALL of you for helping PEEL THE PAINT in the NATI last night!! Of all the 14 shows' ive hit, I've NEVER felt the intensity nor have I heard a crowd like that into it from the GET GO!!

NATI!!!! YOU KICKED ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was fortunate to have met TDUB and PBM!! Great guys!!
    TDUB... Thanks for helpin with hypin the crowd before we landed in the nati!!

No problem, my man!! too bad my wife got REALLY sick. the alcohol plus motion sickness did her in. but she was fine by the time PJ took the stage...

highlight of the night for me - talked to Ed...for like 5 secs..but still!!

you should've seen me brother!! i was getting everyone going in my section. i have no voice now and two bruised up shins/knees where i kept falling down from jumping so high during comatose!!!

rock on man!! it was good to meet you. you and your friends are incredible!!
  • Options
    newpjfannewpjfan Posts: 2
    Cinci was my very first PJ show, and I'm still speechless. What a fucking way to get my cherry popped!!! The very best rock show I have ever seen!!! Being a new fan they played several songs I didn't know very well, but the energy/vibe was so unbelievable, it totally didn't matter to me if I knew the words or not, I could feel the songs!! Plus I got to experience all of it with my awesome BF!!! It was his 5th show! One of the MANY highlights was walking away with one of Mike McCready's guitar picks! I'm official converted, and I can't wait to see them again!
  • Options
    tdub wrote:
    No problem, my man!! too bad my wife got REALLY sick. the alcohol plus motion sickness did her in. but she was fine by the time PJ took the stage...

highlight of the night for me - talked to Ed...for like 5 secs..but still!!

you should've seen me brother!! i was getting everyone going in my section. i have no voice now and two bruised up shins/knees where i kept falling down from jumping so high during comatose!!!

rock on man!! it was good to meet you. you and your friends are incredible!!

My voice is still SHOT!!! I felt bad for your wife while we were waitin on the barge! Great meetin ya brother!!!!!
  • Options
    JLFJLF Posts: 10
    PhilJam wrote:
    I must confess... I told my wife they would open with Long Road! Great call by your brother... and me too! :)

Oh, btw, I am from KY as well!

Peace!

It was amazing that the last thing I said to my husband before the set started was "Wouldn't it be just awesome if they played The Long Road?"

What does Mr. Pessimist say? I looked at all the setlists on the computer, they won't play it.

I was the one squealing with delight when I recognized the first notes of the first song!!!!

PRICELESS!!!!!

Jenny
    From Indiana
    Bummer, only one so far --> 6/24/06. It was the best though -- Cincy rocks!
    Add a second --> 6/14/08. Bonnaroooooo! Outstandingly and I was Lucky Enough to be There!