Options

EU Vault #4 Vinyl UPDATE

Our European orders were shipped directly from the factory, and while we received complaints regarding damage during shipping etc, we were unaware of the scope of the issue until the packages arrived in Seattle today and were able to determine first hand that the packaging was inadequate. We have received your emails and appreciate your patience as we work out a solution with the manufacturer.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

Happy Holidays!

Santos L. Halper

Comments

• Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,989
    edited December 2014
    Didn't have time to contact the club yet (family problems).

I guess it's time to do it (problem mentioned there: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5705069/#Comment_5705069).

Thanks for the update, Santos.
    Post edited by Hub. on
  • Options
    I was really happy when my copy of Vault #4 arrived safely in spite of the poor packaging...
    That soon changed when I gave the vinyl a spin.
    There's blunt force trauma on A-, C- and E-side of #Vault4 resulting in minor skips.
    instagram.com/p/w4m03Qi6g1
    My guess is somewhere the vinyl got bobbed on a spindle as the pattern and severity of the wounds is consistent with the same murder weapon >:P
    Antwerp/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Camden2/NewYork2/EVChicago1&2/Chicago1&2/
    Werchter/A'dam1/Werchter/EVA'dam2/EVLondon1/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/
    Seattle

Longtime ghost
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Think it might be time to fire in an email to see if we can get replacement sleeves
  • Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    pdalowsky wrote: »
    Think it might be time to fire in an email to see if we can get replacement sleeves

+1

I for one would support a replacement sleeve program by 10C. It would be lovely to think I can do all the beating up of the vinyl and the cover from spinning it, but not have it beat up right out of the box.
  • Options
    LostRebelLostRebel Athens, Greece Posts: 252
    edited December 2014
    stratmad wrote: »

+1

I for one would support a replacement sleeve program by 10C. It would be lovely to think I can do all the beating up of the vinyl and the cover from spinning it, but not have it beat up right out of the box.

Ehm... unfortunately there was NO box... Just a piece of thin carton and two pieces of 30x30 cm bubblewrap. I believe you can't even protect a 7" vinyl with the specific (amount and quality of) packaging material.
    Post edited by LostRebel on
  • Options
    Anyone else in Europe still waiting?
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    LostRebel wrote: »
    stratmad wrote: »

+1

Ehm... unfortunately there was NO box... Just a piece of thin carton and two pieces of 30x30 cm bubblewrap. I believe you can't even protect a 7" vinyl with the specific (amount and quality of) packaging material.

Yup agree, I just said box figuratively. I have kept the packaging so I am in agreement what they packed the vinyl in is less than adequate.
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Aaaah I think I have to open my Vinyl now to see if it´s ok.
    Had that problem with Lightning Bolt before...Waited again 4 weeks to get a replacement.
    I just did not open #4 yet because I am still waiting to get my new loudspeaker.
    :-w
  • Options
    Anyone else in Europe still waiting?

Yep
  • Options
    Yeah I think I'll have to open this too - didn't plan to (no discussion needed on this!!) but too many people seem to have got mixed up records
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    with the superior packaging and little to no complaints about any issues from vault 3, why would they change their supplier from the last release? or is it the same supplier?
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    Mine have been marked as shipped. Does anyone know if this is the case?
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    anyone heard anything on this?
  • Options
    received mine a week ago, was in relatively good shape. Some sides have small hairlines, but it plays excellent (after cleaning it with Knosti).
    One corner was a little bent, but i only care for the sound which is excellent!
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    anyone heard anything on this?

I ordered two copies originally which arrived in the crappy packaging. Both had corner dinks and one copy had a scratch on the sleeve underneath the shrinkwrap (so must have happened at the pressing plant). I contacted 10C about that and also the high shipping price I was charged for records posted within the UK... I heard nothing back other than the mailout message quoted at the start of this thread.

Then on Saturday two more copies of Vault#4 arrived unannounced. In almost exactly the same crappy packaging as before; the same box, the same ultra-thin bubble wrap with corners not covered. The only difference was (I think) that each box was in a plastic mailing bag, so the corners of the box were not exposed to the elements.

However, fortunately there were no gouges or dinks this time. More down to luck than good packaging though!!!

So thanks to 10C for sending two more copies! I really appreciate that. I'm not sure the complaints about packaging have really been heard though....

www.gringorecords.com
  • Options
    interesting, maybe there will be another copy arriving soon. Strange the packaging hasn't been improved but as long as the records are arriving in better shape we are happy
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Hoping for no problems to my house and everyone's else's for that matter, hopefully if people get damaged copies they make it right with those members! Good luck everyone! How is the sound quality??
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Now I am afraid...have to open it...just waited for my f..g new speakers - if my friend will ever get time...
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I got an email back on 1/8 saying that a label has been created and it's ready for UPS but it hasn't shipped yet. Weird
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    So did I, even s
    davidtrios wrote: »
    I got an email back on 1/8 saying that a label has been created and it's ready for UPS but it hasn't shipped yet. Weird

So did I and said scheduled delivery today...shipping sucks so badddd
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited January 2015
    OK....So, mine just arrived here in KY & I can assure you that the mailing packaging is awesome! Double-boxed with the big bubble wrap separating the two. Even better than the Vault #3 packaging. The Record itself is in Pristine condition...Kudos 10c!

PS: apparently these came fom the Czech Republic as well
    nzlnh3.jpg
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    pjradio wrote: »
    OK....So, mine just arrived here in KY & I can assure you that the mailing packaging is awesome! Double-boxed with the big bubble wrap separating the two. Even better than the Vault #3 packaging. The Record itself is in Pristine condition...Kudos 10c!

PS: apparently these came fom the Czech Republic as well
    nzlnh3.jpg

Glad to hear!!!! Can't wait to get mine on Friday....I'll be cranking this badboy as soon as I get it!!!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Any news on the issue? Ten Club? I live in Germany. I paid 85$ postage for two Records. Because Tenclub said they can only be shipped seperately. I recieved ONE Package with both records in it (one damaged) and roundabout 10$ Postage on it, as it was shipped from Europe.....what happened to the 75$ Postage that are left over? This is not a nice way to treat customers ....not at all.....
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Total rip off with the 40usd postage inside EU. Received mine with one corner busted and all the innear sleeve seams badly split. Really poor packaging.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Hold on guys, give it chance, it would seem there are wheels in motion to correct the flawed orders...
  • Options
    jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379
    Any news?
  • Options
    Records are being re shipped out
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Records are being re shipped out
    Hey Paul, are you saying that everyone in the EU that ordered it will receive a second copy? Where did you hear it? Like many others, I have received a damaged copy, and since Santos said here they were working out a solution, I was patiently waiting.. someone posted here he received two additional copies after emailing TC, question is: do I have to send TC pictures of the badly bumped corners of my copy, or a second copy will come automatically? please, someone let me know.

• Options
    Ah yeah I think you definitely need to let them know yours arrived damaged bud
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Ah, ok. I'm going for sure to send them an email, and see what happens.