Options

Enamel Mug set stolen

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    AAJC wrote: »
    Had someone once, must have been the post office staff, tear open a package of mine and take the contents (chocolates sent from my Mom in England) out and replace with a book. Bizarre.
    These things happen. Definitely not something 10C is responsible for. Would be funny if someone in your apartment complex was walking down the hall drinking a cup of coffee out of one of those mugs.
    I had that happen once too that items were in my package that my Mom did not send. I always imagine there was something like a big truck accident and everything got wet and mangled together. Then they just try to puzzle everything together as they think is right. And sometimes they miss.

I never liked it that the mail people leave packages just leaning on your door over here. I would prefer a personal pickup or redelivery too. Fucking thieves. I would be furious. I don't think the OP has a chance for any replacement with tenclub, but I would recommend setting up a different mailing destination like the suggested PO box or something. Just imagine you get something like a Benny in the mail and some fucktard just sees the package lying there and takes it :anguished: Sorry this happened to you. Some people just don't have zero respect or manners :neutral_face:
  • Options
    I had some stickers from a trade come up missing. Dude sent them in a Christmas card. I'm sure that's why it ended up missing. Someone must have thought there was cash in that card…

Well now there are 3 very cool PJ stickers on the floor somewhere…

Take up pottery and make your own mugs. I'm trying to make up trades for my lost stickers.

Sorry for the theft.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Sorry to hear this happened. Do you work at a place that will allow you to have packages mailed to you there? I've had to do that with a few friends after Christmas packages I sent them were stolen from their front door.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,005
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    No, I wouldn't ask 10C to replace items stolen from your building. That's not their responsibility. But If the postal carrier left a package out where anyone could get at it, then the post office should do something. They should not be leaving packages out where anyone can take them - that's ridiculous. I've had them leave albums outside my apartment leaning against the door in the hallway. That pisses me off. What suggests to them that everyone who lives in my building is honest and trustworthy??? Just leave a pick-up notice and bring it to the post office where it will be safe!

Gotta disagree with you there. How is it the post office's fault if the apartment/condo building he lives in has no secure way for their residents to get their packages? What are they supposed to do?

There's 2 simple solutions here. Management signs for the packages and residents pick the packages up from them at their convenience. Or like the complex I live in does, they designate an area for packages and warn everybody that the area is under video surveillance and if anyone steals or opens a package that isn't there's, the video will be handed over to the police for prosecution. I order a lot of packages, both from pearl jam and places like Amazon, and nothing has ever been taken or opened. Everyone knows they are on video in that room. Plus a resident specific keychain unit is needed to buzz yourself in to the room, so they have double proof who went in there.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,686
    What do you mean? What they are supposed to do is put a pick-up slip in his mailbox and take the package to the post office so he can go get it later. That is regular procedure. Leaving the package out for someone to steal is specifically against proper procedure, so the post office is absolutely at fault here. That is something I would report to the post office even if the item happened to still be safe, because that is the mail carrier breaking the rules of his job.

FYI, what you have set up in your building isn't normal at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,005
    Yeah I think you're blaming the wrong source here, but there's no need to bicker in a thread about something else. I hope the OP finds a way of getting someone to replace these mugs for him.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Actually sarava isn't wrong with procedures these days in MOST apt complexes. I used to work on apt buildings and I'm gonna say 7 out of 10 usually have a security system in place for mail and packages. Some of the new high tech apt even have a tv monitor set up as you walk in letting you know if you have a package in the office to pick up. Kind of like a departure/arrival screen at airports.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Personally, if I received an empty box, I would expect the retailer to resend.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    CopperTom wrote: »

I don't think the box was sealed when they found it.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    jervin007 wrote: »
    CopperTom wrote: »

I don't think the box was sealed when they found it.

I'd still expect them to resend.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I'm not sure why you guys get so mad at the douche bags that try and resell this shit.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,686
    edited December 2014
    Okay, fair enough if that's what is happening in the US with apartment buildings.... i have never heard of it before unless it's a building with a doorman - must be an American thing or something. But still, it is obviously not what the OP has or else the mailman would have used it, and therefore the post office is obligated to NOT leave it in an insecure place, just like they shouldn't be leaving packages on front porches.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Not disagreeing with you pjsoul, I was just letting it be known what I've seen. No doubt if his place had that system he/she wouldn't be fucked.
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,415
    How do you know that the mugs you are missing are the ones that are on eBay?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    Got my set today in the mail. Quality is ok. Have like a bubble on one and smudge like mark. I get it, they're all different but when someone's packaging them, they have to have noticed. Unreal. Eye sore as soon as I took it out. Oh well, and btw, did anyone else expect them to be so small?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    badbrains wrote: »
    Got my set today in the mail. Quality is ok. Have like a bubble on one and smudge like mark. I get it, they're all different but when someone's packaging them, they have to have noticed. Unreal. Eye sore as soon as I took it out. Oh well, and btw, did anyone else expect them to be so small?

Yes, I knew they were going to be small. I also realize they are handmade, just like the ceramic mugs Nikko made for some people here. Nothing is perfect when things are handmade, that's part of the charm and individuality of them. Has nobody purchased anything at a crafts fair? I hand make a lot of things, and the time and effort put into it is enormous.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ^^^^easy tiger, wasn't looking for a baptist sermon over mugs. I was just making a comment. And NO, I've never purchased stuff at a crafts fair. Guess I'm not cool.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Dude! BB?!? This is a "enamel mug set stolen" thread. Way to rub it in :-$
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,415
    lol.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    I wasn't trying to rub it in,
    My bad. I was just stating how they came. Sorry if it came out like that.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,195
    ^

Stop whinging BB and fill that fucker up with tequila & start drinking!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Nah badbrains my bad I was just playin.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    ^^^^easy tiger, wasn't looking for a baptist sermon over mugs. I was just making a comment. And NO, I've never purchased stuff at a crafts fair. Guess I'm not cool.

Meow... ;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    RKCNDY wrote: »

Meow... ;)
    Hey Lisa... :-h
    Hope you & your family have a GREAT holiday!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave wrote: »
    RKCNDY wrote: »

Meow... ;)
    Hey Lisa... :-h
    Hope you & your family have a GREAT holiday!!!

Hi Dave! Happy Holidays to you and your family as well!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    are you suggesting that the person who stole your stuff is also an Ebay flipper?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Need to get Bob Loblaw on the case. Seriously though, sorry to the op. Thieving fucks are out in full force this time of year.
  • Options
    Looks like Logan's package was stolen as well. Tis the season to be jolly.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited December 2014
    In my 43 yrs of existence, I don't ever recall getting a slip in an actual street address mailbox to pick up my package at the PO. Package is always in the mailbox or at the doorstep. Whereas I have received plenty of slips in my PO box to go to counter to pick up a package. Obviously the package too big to fit in the PO box itself.
    It is difficult sometimes when you order something... Especially to try to send to PO box... Because some merchants refuse to send to PO box, and UPS will not deliver to my PO box. I have had some packages delivered from Fedex to my PO box, but some not...and had to pick up at the FedEx facility.
    Plus it really depends on where you live for lots of the theft problems. Here in Midwest, not as bad...
    But can you imagine the flack that the PO would get not leaving packages at doorsteps and making everyone go to PO to get them. Lines would be nuts... Not going to ever happen in US.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    where i live, the postmaster allows us to choose what happens with packages too big for the mailbox. i can ask that the carrier keep the package for me to pick up from the post office, leaving a notice behind for me of that circumstance. is this not commonplace for all postal patrons of the USPS?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV