Options

CD Bootlegs from Nugs

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Its one and the same, 10c just sends the orders to Nugs. People thinks Nugs is the equivalent to Amazon.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    edited December 2014
    Its one and the same, 10c just sends the orders to Nugs. People thinks Nugs is the equivalent to Amazon.

so you think three to four weeks from order to delivery is acceptable?
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    mcgruff10 wrote: »

so you think three to four weeks from order to delivery is acceptable?

I also understand they are not a huge company with thousands of people, and they do get behind. They may even allow some of their employee's to take off around the holidays. I've ordered items from other companies and it has taken a few weeks for an item to ship. It's not unheard of.

If there is an issue, best bet is probably to email them with a question.
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I guess I just don't understand the bitterness over something that brings us so much joy!!
    IF you want to hear these shows NOW,
    do a digital download & get them NOW!!!
    IF you want the CD's, order them...
    but you have to be willing to wait for the physical copy to arrive,
    ESPECIALLY during the busy holiday season!!
    I'm a HUGE My Morning Jacket fan & they only offer the digital download option...
    You can't even purchase a CD for their live shows sold on this SAME SITE!!!
    I'm just happy that I'm able to enjoy hearing live music from a show I attended!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Yeah guys, shipping a cd takes a month cause people take time off for the holidays 3 weeks before the actual holiday. We got some business majors in the ten club.
  • Options
    I just ordered a boot last night. I'm saying I'll get it somewhere around Jan 17.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yeah guys, shipping a cd takes a month cause people take time off for the holidays 3 weeks before the actual holiday. We got some business majors in the ten club.

8-|
  • Options
    I ordered mine on 4th December and have not even received shipping notification yet.
    So, I am now expecting mine mid to late January in the UK.
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    We did a campaign mailing at work last year around this time of roughly 10,000 mailings. It took me and 16 others about a month to get them all out. And that's just printing, folding (by machine), and stuffing letters in an envelope - which we all did for the better part of each day for a month.
    I'm not sure how big the Nugs staff is, but keep in mind they have to burn the CDs, print the design on them, package them in sleeves, slap the label on, do quality checks, insert into mailers, print shipping labels, and mail them out. And I guarantee there are at least 10k orders for Pearl Jam CDs alone, let alone any other bands that sell physical copies that they are trying to fulfill.
    So yeah, it's totally feasible to take a month to get your order.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2014
    Solution: if they are doing so much business, then maybe they could hire more people? especially around the holidays like every other business in America?

1-2 weeks seems perfectly acceptable to me, buy if they are shipping First Class/Priority USPS it usually only takes 2-3 days to get anywhere in the lower 48 states so honestly it is a bit of a stretch to justify it taking a month or more to receive an order

I remember Kufala taking a week or less? am I remembering that correctly?
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    Stuffing envelopes took you a month to do 10k? Were you blind folded at the time? I'm
    Sorry, a million dollar business such as the ten club should treat their customers better.
  • Options
    What does Ten Club have to do with any of this? Ten Club is not Nugs and Nugs is not Ten Club. Ten Club is simply a liaison in the ordering process as far as these bootlegs go.

Also, they ship via Mail Innovations, not First Class or Priority.

I'm sorry, but grown adults shouldn't whine so much.
  • Options
    Stuffing envelopes took you a month to do 10k? Were you blind folded at the time? I'm
    Sorry, a million dollar business such as the ten club should treat their customers better.
    Yes, it took a month. We all have regular job duties on top of the campaign that we have to give priority.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    I got my Moline bootleg in 13 days and my Milwaukee bootleg in 15 days. It's a little slow, but it's not terrible. I'm sure there was high demand for those two shows, which makes it understandable to me why it took 6-7 days to ship. But the orders that have taken 3+ weeks being shipped in the US, is pretty bad. It shouldn't take that long.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited December 2014
    I am not one complaining here, because I have not ordered any cd's... yet lol... and 1-2 weeks seems reasonable to me, but anything beyond that i have no issue with people at least asking questions...

these are PJ products being sold by a company that PJ and the 10c contracts with... so obviously the 10c has a roll here, especially in receiving feedback from their paying customers...

As far as "whining" adults, these people are paying customers that have purchased a product... and as a customer they certainly have a right to expect some level of satisfactory product and delivery... and they may decide to not spend their $ on this product in the future if they have a poor experience, and again that goes back to sharing their feedback as a customer with the 10c, which obviously is happening here, which I am sure the 10c appreciates at some level...

I also think we got spoiled by the Kufala experience, which if I remember those cd's used to arrive within 1 week, or faster

If Nugs is swamped, hire more people...
    If Nugs employees suck, hire new people
    If Nugs doesn't have the hardware to keep up, invest in more equipment...
    If shipping is slow, switch the shipping...
    If Nugs falls short on performance, the 10c can find a new provider...

Hooray capitalism! lol
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    Well said
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    My story,
    Ordered on November 13th arrived today in Canada.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    What does the ten club have to do with this? Are you serious? Guys these are all fair complaints but some of you just make odd excuses. Merry xmass none the less. Hey atleast the vault record that we ordered 6 months ago will only take another month to get here! Haha. I kid, I kid. God bless us everyone.
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    I really don't care how long it takes as long as I know it will arrive and in good shape. Who knows, Nugs may be some mom and pop shop that will supply the demand but it may just take a little while. Any Nugs employees here?

As a business they also have the right to refuse service. Which I'm afraid may lead to crap, dime-a-dozen products instead of the few gems they do throw at us.

Chill out people. Sounds like those bitchy parents that expect every kid on the team to get a trophy just for participating.....even though their kid sucked. If it's such a simple process to distribute bootleg cd's, open your own business.

Not trying to sound snippy but damn. Unless you know for a fact why the delay in shipping, give these folks a break.

¡Feliz Navidad!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    Then say when you purchase the cd that it take 4-6 weeks. A disclaimer. All our complaints are fair.
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Warning-contents may be hot.....McDonald's coffee cup.
    Warning-do not use while in the bathtub.....portable hair dryer.
    Warning-conveniently placing an order from the comfort of your home may cause delays in product shipment.....Nugs.

Any other disclaimers (that make us question common sense in the human race) we've seen on products that can be added to this list? Let's flip this thread from negativity to something we can have fun with. It'll make the time pass while we wait for out cd's ;)
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    null
    Who s whining? Just because you don't agree with our stance doesn't mean we are whining. Nugs represents some of the biggest bands in the world, time to step it up.
  • Options
    I agree
  • Options
    Its one and the same, 10c just sends the orders to Nugs.
    What does Ten Club have to do with any of this? Ten Club is not Nugs and Nugs is not Ten Club. Ten Club is simply a liaison in the ordering process as far as these bootlegs go.

True, Nugs is the party burning the CDs and sending them out. But if people order these boots in the 10C shop and then they are slow/inaccurate in sending these orders to Nugs, then how much of the delay is due to Nugs?
  • Options
    cmarch007cmarch007 Fishers, IN Posts: 293
    My order has sat in label created stage for over a week now. I emailed Nugs and finally received a response claiming its USPS's fault because they're not entering / scanning the tracking info. Complete BS!

Nugs is overwhelmed and can't fulfill their orders or accurately track them. Sad that this is the case...

I'd much rather receive a "we're sorry for the delay response than a point the finger at USPS response".
    Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Noblesville - May 07, 2010
    Alpine Valley (PJ20) - Wisconsin- Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley (PJ20) - Wisconsin - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL. July 19, 2013
    Pittsburgh - Oct 11, 2013
    Buffalo - Oct 12, 2013 GA-rail in McCready'ville
    Cincinnati - Oct 1st, 2014 GA 
    St. Louis - Oct 3rd, 2014
    Yield, WI (aka Milwaukee) - Oct 20, 2014 GA 7 people deep McCreadyville
    Lexington, KY (GA - 2nd row between Ed & Jeff!!!)
    Wrigley Field '16 N1 (GA)
    Wrigley Field '16 N2 
    Wrigley Field '18 (N1)
    Wrigley Field '18 N2 (GA)
  • Options
    It's just all finger pointing but in the end it's the ten club who is responsible
  • Options
    supernaut1125supernaut1125 Denver, CO Posts: 255
    cmarch007 wrote: »
    My order has sat in label created stage for over a week now. I emailed Nugs and finally received a response claiming its USPS's fault because they're not entering / scanning the tracking info. Complete BS!

Nugs is overwhelmed and can't fulfill their orders or accurately track them. Sad that this is the case...

I'd much rather receive a "we're sorry for the delay response than a point the finger at USPS response".

OMG you just ruined my day. I got the email my items shipped but they have also been sitting with "Label Created" for 3 days now. I thought they might actually show up on time for Christmas but I see that definitely won't be happening.
    I am demanding a refund from PJ or Nugs, don't care who. When I get my order in before the Holiday Deadline by a week, I expect my gifts to be under the tree by the 25th.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    What does the ten club have to do with this? Are you serious? Guys these are all fair complaints but some of you just make odd excuses. Merry xmass none the less. Hey atleast the vault record that we ordered 6 months ago will only take another month to get here! Haha. I kid, I kid. God bless us everyone.

They have to do with it when they put this on the top of their store: 1127103606Shipping%20Deadline.jpg

Then I expect an order placed on December 3rd to definitely show up with plenty of time to wrap the gifts and have them under the tree!!

I ordered from Pearl Jam' site, not Nugs, so put that on top of your store if you are going to give all these people waiting on gifts false hope.
  • Options
    derbydave wrote: »
    Nugs / Livedownloads provide bootlegs for MANY other groups besides Pearl Jam.
    Here's a list of all the live shows available from them:
    http://www.livedownloads.com/artists.aspx
    I'm sure they are swamped with orders from this last batch of PJ bootlegs,
    as well as many other orders for the holidays!!
    Hang in there...these last few shows are WORTH THE WAIT,
    and if you REALLY can't wait for the CD's to arrive...
    download the sweet FLAC files!!
    ;)

"Here's your Christmas gifts! Yeah they are CD-Rs..."
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    derbydave wrote: »
    Nugs / Livedownloads provide bootlegs for MANY other groups besides Pearl Jam.
    Here's a list of all the live shows available from them:
    http://www.livedownloads.com/artists.aspx
    I'm sure they are swamped with orders from this last batch of PJ bootlegs,
    as well as many other orders for the holidays!!
    Hang in there...these last few shows are WORTH THE WAIT,
    and if you REALLY can't wait for the CD's to arrive...
    download the sweet FLAC files!!
    ;)

"Here's your Christmas gifts! Yeah they are CD-Rs..."

CD-Rs are EXACTLY what you will be getting from NUGS too...
    UNLESS they do another tour boxset from this year!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170