Wrong emoticons displaying on this site suddenly

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    What's happening, Sea? Are we losing a whole bunch of emojis?
    ELITIST FUK
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    :'(
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Sorry, there is a problem with the emojis. trying a work around for now
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Thanks for working on it Sea!

The smilies definitely help with online communication - I didn't quite realize that until theu were gone. For all anybody knows, I could be super sarcastic about this right now, or mad. Grrrr.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Faces for the faceless! (Because I have shoes and I'm not shoeless.) Yes, we can still have the generic faces, but we do miss our menu to choose from.

I agree, PJ Soul. They really are great to have and do help so much with clarifying intention. Besides, popcorn guy is so very sad that he's not here! He's eating popcorn somewhere in middle space. He longs to come back.

Thanks for working on getting it fixed! I'm without toothy guy, Derby Dave is without his thumbs up guy (or thumbsupless as I say) and BBrains doesn't have his rolling around guy. We're lost without our emojis.

Yes, there are far bigger problems in the world. Are we on some type of upgrade or did they run away from the forum on their own?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • deadendp wrote: »
    Faces for the faceless! (Because I have shoes and I'm not shoeless.) Yes, we can still have the generic faces, but we do miss our menu to choose from.

I agree, PJ Soul. They really are great to have and do help so much with clarifying intention. Besides, popcorn guy is so very sad that he's not here! He's eating popcorn somewhere in middle space. He longs to come back.

Thanks for working on getting it fixed! I'm without toothy guy, Derby Dave is without his thumbs up guy (or thumbsupless as I say) and BBrains doesn't have his rolling around guy. We're lost without our emojis.

Yes, there are far bigger problems in the world. Are we on some type of upgrade or did they run away from the forum on their own?
    qcJ5Ee0.gif
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    deadendp wrote: »

qcJ5Ee0.gif
    You must have a close, personal relationship with popcorn guy! (Or know his creation code or whatever the hell that thing would be called.)

Hi, Popcorn Guy!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Hi Folks

Here is a link for old emoticons, enjoy!
    http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    D'oh. Now i can't quote anyone or post pics at all on the mobile version. That's way worse than some ugly emoticons! Are these probs connected to attempted fixes for the smilies i wonder? Or is there some kind of gradual collapse of the forum happening??? :(

I'm sure you're working on it Sea.... thanks.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Hopefully it's not North Korea jacking with the forum.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,341
    I also noticed that suddenly the format of my signature was changed. There is obviously something happening. It would be so cool if the old smileys would finally make a nice return!
    I miss shifty and popcorn. Cannot even post these anymore now. Sigh.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2014
    I also noticed that suddenly the format of my signature was changed. There is obviously something happening. It would be so cool if the old smileys would finally make a nice return!<br />
    I miss shifty and popcorn. Cannot even post these anymore now. Sigh.

Pearl Jam re-issue the benny!
    qcJ5Ee0.gif
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,341
    So you can post the popcorn one, but I cannot get them working? Hmmm...

fwMEelp.gif
    And now it seems to work again?!
    LtVbRu7.gif
    Must have done something wrong PPGZ6Qa.gif

Thanks for the headsup, PJfanwillneverleave1 (are you the second person on here with that name or why is there the 1?). Because of you, I tried again and now it's back working hazVvy7.gif
  • So you can post the popcorn one, but I cannot get them working? Hmmm...

fwMEelp.gif
    And now it seems to work again?!
    LtVbRu7.gif
    Must have done something wrong PPGZ6Qa.gif

Thanks for the headsup, PJfanwillneverleave1 (are you the second person on here with that name or why is there the 1?). Because of you, I tried again and now it's back working hazVvy7.gif

The 1 is there to make my name shorter. Otherwise it would be PJfanwillneverleaveone.
    To be serious though, as a PJ fan I have your back.
    edited December 2014
    :D:D:D

Oh.... I was all excited about the smilies button returning, but this lame-o is still showing, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Update: There is a problem with one of the forum plugins and the developers are working on a fix. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    \:D/
    edited January 2015
    I guess this plugin problem is also why I can't quote anyone on my phone (NULL)? It won't work on the mobile or the desktop version. This issue is much worse than some messed up smilies! A message board where you can't quote is a severely disabled message board! And I don't even own a PC. I use my phone exclusively when not at work. :( (oh, screw you ugly sad face)
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    :D ^#(^ :o3
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    they have never worked for me before this ^^^^
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    :D
    :)) ;)
    edited January 2015
    Hey, they're back!! \:D/ Thanks 10C!
    null

:( One problem at a time I guess.
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    edited February 2015
    Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Thanks Kat. And now, for those of us less technically inclined, how do we insert one of those emoticons into a post? There's no longer a smiley button to click on.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Thanks Kat. And now, for those of us less technically inclined, how do we insert one of those emoticons into a post? There's no longer a smiley button to click on.

type a colon then using the guide provided at http://blog.vanillaforums.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Yahoo_Emoticons.png type whatever it is called, then another colon. Try typing : followed by bee then : No spaces. A drop down menu will also appear with a few options, alphabetically. :bee:
    edited February 2015
    :angry: :jack_o_lantern: :get_outta_here: :giggle: :how_interesting: :loser: :neutral: :mrgreen: :murica: ...... huge sarcastic toothy grin guy seems to be gone again. :sick: Oh wait. Here he is! =)

Oh, and i can't post images now! :angry:
    :clusterfuck: didn't work
  • Thanks Kat. And now, for those of us less technically inclined, how do we insert one of those emoticons into a post? There's no longer a smiley button to click on.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/241505/how-to-see-all-the-new-emoticons#latest