Options

The Ladies Of Pearl Jam Calender To Benefit The Wishlist Foundation........

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    So is there as much objectifying backlash in "Ed is Hot Thread"?

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    callen said:

Yes.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Set up a 1-900 number
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    callen said:

Sometimes... But mostly everyone just tells is we're obsessed crack heads for even HAVING THE THREAD. However Callen does make an excellent point with this statement.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The term "hot" just makes me feel like we're treating people like a piece of meat. Are there beautiful people? Absolutely. There are many kinds of beauty and I don't need to step up onto that soapbox here. "Hot" just makes me think of cheap and dirty. Just my thoughts though.

I admit that with the "Ed is Hot Thread," I quickly scanned and belted out a response. (I was running out the door.) I've never read it, so my apologies for answering something that frankly, I had no idea about. Whispering Hands has answered that from inside the thread, so I thank her for backing up the answer that I shouldn't have given.

That said, I appreciate the OP trying to generate some interest in a fundraiser for Wishlist. She has been very accepting of suggestions given. Intentions are truly only wonderful and I applaud her and her project leaders for their efforts in trying to benefit Wishlist.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    deadendp said:

The term "hot" just makes me feel like we're treating people like a piece of meat. Are there beautiful people? Absolutely. There are many kinds of beauty and I don't need to step up onto that soapbox here. "Hot" just makes me think of cheap and dirty. Just my thoughts though.

I admit that with the "Ed is Hot Thread," I quickly scanned and belted out a response. (I was running out the door.) I've never read it, so my apologies for answering something that frankly, I had no idea about. Whispering Hands has answered that from inside the thread, so I thank her for backing up the answer that I shouldn't have given.

That said, I appreciate the OP trying to generate some interest in a fundraiser for Wishlist. She has been very accepting of suggestions given. Intentions are truly only wonderful and I applaud her and her project leaders for their efforts in trying to benefit Wishlist.

i agree "hot" to me implies sexually attractive...i think thats pretty universal...but beautiful to me can include the disabled, the aesthetically unpleasing, those with talent and passion...etc
    OP has been very gracious and classy!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    There's a group of fb that is called "Things in the real world that remind me of Pearl Jam". People are posting a lot of funny things from all over the world. Maybe that could be something for a calendar too.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783

Just my two cents but objectifying women seems like the exact opposite kind of thing this band represents.

Your hearts are in the right place but I think there are better and more noble ways to support this charity (or any charity).

Yep.

I'd love a "pearl jam with cats" calendar
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    rgambs said:

deadendp said:

i agree "hot" to me implies sexually attractive...i think thats pretty universal...but beautiful to me can include the disabled, the aesthetically unpleasing, those with talent and passion...etc
    OP has been very gracious and classy!
    Agreed on the difference between the terminology - a good distinction.

Also agreed on the OP's responses thus far (though not sure where the "some can't work with others" and anticipated trolling comments came in).

Aside from reminders used at work through Outlook and the like, we too have a wall calendar as we tend not to keep that info on our phones, computers, etc. I like being able to see what's what, and it's a nice little yearly ritual to transfer important dates from the old version to the new.
  • Options

Just my two cents but objectifying women seems like the exact opposite kind of thing this band represents.

Your hearts are in the right place but I think there are better and more noble ways to support this charity (or any charity).

Yep.

Yes to this! Would love to see one of our kitties superimposed on-stage :D

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    edited November 2014

Yep.

Please stop objectifying cats
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Yep.

Hahaha!! That would be awesome!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Yep.

cats AND dogs...or just dogs lol ;)
    its a good idea...pets superimposed onto the stage, pets with expressions/actions that match song lyrics w/ the lyrics "behind" them, pets in PJ pj's, pets with expressions that match funny pictures of the guys...ive seen memes with these themes so its totally doable...how about a PJ meme calendar? Or as suggested, fan art. I have seen some beauties out there!
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Please stop objectifying cats

Oh, you KNOW they welcome and bask in it.

Buncha "gaze upon and adore me" business.

Unabashed!

• Options
    edited November 2014
    My cat is definitely a camera whore!!
    Scooter being a camera whore! He knows he's cute!!
    I mean hot!! ;-)
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options

My cat is definitely a camera whore!!
    Scooter being a camera whore! He knows he's cute!!
    I mean hot!! ;-)

With all that fur, he should be hot! ;)
  • Options
    He's super fluffy, but only medium length hair!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Scooter is an awesome name! Our cairn terrier is named Gertie Lee. She'd be a good candidate for Ms.December.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Yeah a pets Calendar would be really cool! And Gertie Lee is a great name as well!!
    We used to list our pets with our last name.. Til Pfifer Tomsen ( the GSD) got a Credit card offer in the mail! Lmao. We quit doing that after that! But still it was funny!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Would the modern version of the band really have an issue with this? I mean, Ed married a model, after all.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Would the modern version of the band really have an issue with this? I mean, Ed married a model, after all.

model, role model, roll some models in blood
    get some flesh to stick, so they look like us
    i shit and i stink, i'm real, join the club
    i'd stop and talk, but i'm already in love
  • Options

I don't know - I'm just going by their music/lyrics, stances on various issues, what I've read and seen over the years.

The rest of it, including to whom they're married and why, is none of my business and respectfully suggest it have no part of this discussion.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I don't know - I'm just going by their music/lyrics, stances on various issues, what I've read and seen over the years.

The rest of it, including to whom they're married and why, is none of my business and respectfully suggest it have no part of this discussion.
    Well if people are going to suggest that the band would have an issue with it, I think context is important. I'm not trying to violate the "don't discuss the personal lives of the band", I am just saying that a calendar that isn't nude people doing it to feed their kids, I don't know if it falls into the same category, that's all. People do calendars like this all the time in good taste and for good causes. Men and women.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    Has anyone from Wishlist Foundation seen this thread yet?! Please produce more Team McCready shirts.

I'm sure that the 12 women who would volunteer for this project are in fact beautiful and interesting, but I wouldn't be interested in buying your calendar.

Having said all that, I'm pretty sure this whole thread was started as a wind up... but certainly interesting to read what folks have to say about the topics at hand (Ewww... pun X_X )
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Another idea could be a calendar with photos of the Fan portrait project. I mean, they were taken at the WL preparties anyways. But maybe Tanya has already planned her own calendars?
  • Options

hedonist said:

Well if people are going to suggest that the band would have an issue with it, I think context is important. I'm not trying to violate the "don't discuss the personal lives of the band", I am just saying that a calendar that isn't nude people doing it to feed their kids, I don't know if it falls into the same category, that's all. People do calendars like this all the time in good taste and for good causes. Men and women.

If it is done in good taste I don't see what appeal it would have. We all see fully dressed, tastefully beautiful people every day, why do we need a calendar?
    If it is done in bad taste it would be appealing aesthetically but unappealing morally. Seems like a no win!
    Cats and dogs! Lol I know some rabid PJ fan has a picture of a cat sleeping on a shelf, hanging loose and just about to fall off. Slap some lyrics next to it "Comatose with no fear of falling" Boom there's your January!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,436
    Will the pets in this calendar be hot?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

Will the pets in this calendar be hot?

Where's the "oh no you didn't!" thingie?

Liking some of the ideas here. Cheers to collective creativity.

(by the way, as I'm slightly buzzed this afternoon, morteton's avatar completely threw me off and I thought, the fuck? Don't remember posting that :D)
  • Options
    rgambs said:

hedonist said:

If it is done in good taste I don't see what appeal it would have. We all see fully dressed, tastefully beautiful people every day, why do we need a calendar?
    If it is done in bad taste it would be appealing aesthetically but unappealing morally. Seems like a no win!
    Cats and dogs! Lol I know some rabid PJ fan has a picture of a cat sleeping on a shelf, hanging loose and just about to fall off. Slap some lyrics next to it "Comatose with no fear of falling" Boom there's your January!
    I guess we have a different view on what constitutes good taste. Lol

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

rgambs said:

hedonist said:

I guess we have a different view on what constitutes good taste. Lol

Hahaha well I am not claiming a cat calendar is particularly tasteful, but more so than a pin-up calendar!
This discussion has been closed.