Options

The Ladies Of Pearl Jam Calender To Benefit The Wishlist Foundation........

Comments

• Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    Ugh! I like the idea of a PJ calendar but I don't really want to see hot PJ ladies. That just seems so...typical. If you want to raise money then feature ALL fans. Or PJ fans with cats...or better yet with dogs :)
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options

Because of the fans. The band is a creative force, takes care of us in every way, donates money from every ticket sold and does many other philanthropic endeavors. Let them do it! If you feel good donating, just donate. But this nonsense about calendars and fighting over who gets to beg the band to do a show they probably aren't excited to do is disappointing. A lot of attention seeking has gone on here recently.

2003--Cleveland. 2010--Columbus. 2013--Wrigley, Oakland. 2014--Cincinnati
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited November 2014
    Bentley, BB and...TONY!

Bingo infuckingdeed.

Well done.

edit - Mr. Teeth too.
  • Options
    Dr Melfi agrees
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    I vote no. Actually fuck no.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    badbrains said:

How about a calendar of bad brains. He's one sexy fucker! =)) Im POSITIVE it would sell out and become an instant classic or as speedy would say, EPIC!

Lmao..
    Can we preorder this?
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

How about a calendar of bad brains. He's one sexy fucker! =)) Im POSITIVE it would sell out and become an instant classic or as speedy would say, EPIC!

Lmao..
    Can we preorder this?
    Mite have to make an "OFFI-cal" thread taking pre-orders! =))
  • Options
    Dude you always crack me up!!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Suziemay said:

I think it's a horrible idea. Please don't do it.

In terms of fundraising, it seems like there's always demand for the Team McCready shirts, you guys should keep making those. New ideas are always nice, but if something's working, just keep doing it.

Also, how about Christmas sweaters? QOTSA did one last year and the Foo Fighters are doing it this year. Or socks? Everyone loves socks. And koozies.

i think it's a bad idea too...tacky and objectifying and all that for sure...
    How about a run of shirts for each of the guys...off the top of my head (better ideas will abound) i am thinking shirts with themes built on phrases like "Team McCready"(sport/jersey style) "The Stone Zone"(tiedye or trippy somehow) "Ament's Army"(greyscale cammo) "Matt effin Cameron"(bitchin drumset logo) "VedderMan" and "Boom Town"
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    I wouldn't mind the girls but who still uses calendars?
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    FrankY59 said:

Never thought about it...
    BUT that is a very good point!!!
    Can't remember the last time I bought a calendar ;)
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    It isn't in the spirit of the band to objectify women but it IS in their spirit to treat each other with respect. It's always fun trashing good intentioned people anonymously.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Just my two cents but objectifying women seems like the exact opposite kind of thing this band represents.

Your hearts are in the right place but I think there are better and more noble ways to support this charity (or any charity).
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

i'd agree a hot-lady calendar is not a way to go; it is just too boorish, and it is not something I would support. What might be cool is to do a fan art calendar, or something.

Fan art like this ..... ?

Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Ha! I made that Eddie collage! :D I'd totally get a calendar with this. Maybe i'll make one myself.
    :))
    I am also still using calendars. I like seeing everything in front of me and adding or erasing stuff without having to turn on a computer or check on a phone screen.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

i'd agree a hot-lady calendar is not a way to go; it is just too boorish, and it is not something I would support. What might be cool is to do a fan art calendar, or something.

Awwww my drawing made it in there! That made me smile!!
  • Options

Ha! I made that Eddie collage! :D I'd totally get a calendar with this. Maybe i'll make one myself.
    :))
    I am also still using calendars. I like seeing everything in front of me and adding or erasing stuff without having to turn on a computer or check on a phone screen.

I still keep a calendar too! I use my phone too, but when at home I rely on a physical calendar.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Sounds creepy...I've seen the comments made about some female PJ fans. I like a pets or art theme better. Or how about a file pack of PJ themed computer wallpaper-artwork, pets, etc.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    What about an art calendar where the art is inspired by a song or album?
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    FoxyRedLa said:

The wax museum "eddie" looks like Hugo Weaving with long hair. =)) sorry.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

FoxyRedLa said:

The wax museum "eddie" looks like Hugo Weaving with long hair. =)) sorry.
    Hahahaha!!!
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

Just my two cents but objectifying women seems like the exact opposite kind of thing this band represents.

absolutely. i can't believe anyone would even consider this.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

It isn't in the spirit of the band to objectify women but it IS in their spirit to treat each other with respect. It's always fun trashing good intentioned people anonymously.

She asked for our opinions. I think it's a horrible idea, so I said so.
  • Options
    iimagineiimagine Cleveland Ohio Posts: 492
    edited November 2014
    Thanks goes out to all the members for the great idea's, input and advice. Just wanted to get a preliminary feel for the idea from the members. It's pretty evident that some would not be able to work well with other members no matter what the idea is. Regardless, some outstanding idea's have been thought up. As far as the notion that the calender would objectify women, I feel it would be all in the presentation, and how artistic it would be produced (this is MY opinion). Some of the worlds greatest artwork are nudes of both women and men......and, as far as the band feeling a certain way about it, Eddie Vedder is married to a model (just making a point). Before this thread get's ugly, which with the trolling on this forum, I'm sure it will, I will ask for it to be closed. Again, a sincere thanks to all the respectful comments. Gina
    Post edited by iimagine on
    "The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    FrankY59 said:

Interesting idea, but can't say I'd buy it.

That Eddie collage is hysterical. Could have made it even better if you include some of the tattoos out there that are uh... not really Eddie.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    How about a bikini car wash instead?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    iimagine said:

Thanks goes out to all the members for the great idea's, input and advice. Just wanted to get a preliminary feel for the idea from the members. It's pretty evident that some would not be able to work well with other members no matter what the idea is. Regardless, some outstanding idea's have been thought up. As far as the notion that the calender would objectify women, I feel it would be all in the presentation, and how artistic it would be produced (this is MY opinion). Some of the worlds greatest artwork is nudes of both women and men......and, as far as the band feeling a certain way about it, Eddie Vedder is married to a model. Before this thread get's ugly, which with the trolling on this forum, I'm sure it will, I will ask for it to be closed. Again, a sincere thanks to all the respectful comments. Gina

This post here is giving me a sort of 'Jack drawing Rose' a'la Titanic movie vibe to it.

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    As long as they are all given Kim Kardashians fake ass, I'm all for it. But, please get it out quickly, so someone can put it in my local mall at a calendar kiosk that nobody even browses next to the Santa pictures area. Really? People still hang picture calendars?

All kidding aside, it's a great cause. Take the money you would spend on producing this project and well, give it to the Wishlist Foundation. Aside from the other problems, this is so time sensitive it's probably not a good use of resources. It's not like a tshirt that doesn't sell that you can pack up and bring to next years tour.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    FoxyRedLa said:

What about fusilli Ed? ;)
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    iimagine said:

Thanks goes out to all the members for the great idea's, input and advice. Just wanted to get a preliminary feel for the idea from the members. It's pretty evident that some would not be able to work well with other members no matter what the idea is. Regardless, some outstanding idea's have been thought up. As far as the notion that the calender would objectify women, I feel it would be all in the presentation, and how artistic it would be produced (this is MY opinion). Some of the worlds greatest artwork is nudes of both women and men......and, as far as the band feeling a certain way about it, Eddie Vedder is married to a model. Before this thread get's ugly, which with the trolling on this forum, I'm sure it will, I will ask for it to be closed. Again, a sincere thanks to all the respectful comments. Gina

I think where this one hit a wall was with the initial post to this thread-- the term "hot" being used to describe the ladies who would be featured in this project. Yes, EV is married to a model, but that has nothing to do with this project whatsoever and I'm certain that she would not be included in this proposed project. That tidbit alone is kind of a zone that you don't want to go to. IMO, thread locking for that comment alone will probably happen. As many of us stated in different ways, this is just not a proposed project that sounds as if it best represents the band. They respect women and I'm thinking that a project as such would not come out as highly respectful in their eyes, artistic or otherwise.

I do admire trying to come up with different ideas to benefit Wishlist. People have been throwing out alternate ideas and that, I'm sure, is helpful. Ask for suggestions and ye shall receive.

For the record, I DO use a calendar. Everyday.

Good luck on the continued brainstorming of ideas. I wish you and your project leaders the best of luck in helping to raise money for Wishlist.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
This discussion has been closed.