Options

Mike McCready's Music For Film. Vinyl Films Records 10" Clear Box Set.

Comments

• Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246

cerebus said:

wrt to the clown listing his copy for $700 on ebay, listing it for that amount and selling it for that amount are two entirely different things. I'd be VERY surprised if this sold for anything north of $100 for ages.

Maybe he did that as a joke. Ha these will never go for $700. I bet there will be 2 or 3 that go for $100+ when they first hit ebay... just like any poster after a show etc... Look at Star Ana, Shadow, Mad Season, Free Ride etc singles... people go crazy cause they feel like they got shut out then after a while they're almost same as cost. I've got all four of those I just mentioned and I bet I couldn't get $100 for them all put together.
    This one might be slightly different because it is a 10", has ties to PJ20, is specifically Mike, and is numbered.

True. I'm just looking at it going, there are 6 songs... and one of them is ten seconds. That's like playing one chord.

PJ20 DVD sets, the original at the height and craziness, I think only topped out around $400.
    I agree with you too. People feel they missed out, and while this record would be awesome to have, I certainly don't think it is priceless!!

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    I got a shipping confirmation e-mail at 4:29pm. :D To the person that asked why this is shipped and not MLB Vinyl. I got a shipping e-mail for that last week.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Received my email confirmation about order 1:03p. Also got email at 4:30p that it was shipped. I jumped on it as soon as I saw it at 1p on the dot. Fast fingers on my iPad. Whew... ;)
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    MT132914MT132914 Posts: 188
    goldrush said:

Seriously 10C, what the fuck? Thanks a bunch for putting another item on sale at 5am Australia time and making sure we don't get a look in. I know that there's every chance I may not have got one (as it had sold out by 5.04am, the same time that the newsletter arrived) but at least give people a fair chance. It's 5.45pm on the US East Coast right now, 10.45pm in the UK and 9.45am on the AUS east coast. It really doesn't seem that hard for an organization so keen on pumping out merch to make things available at a decent time.

I know this post won't make a bit of difference, and will get swallowed up in the thread and go largely unread. It's been said often enough on the "Let Your Voice Be Heard (and we'll ignore it anyway)" thread but it's so frustrating when it happens all the time. Yes, it's just a record with 14 minutes of music on it. No, the world hasn't ended. But am I pissed off at not even getting a chance to buy it? Absofuckinglutely!

Rant over. I'll get back to work now, I just needed to vent.

set your alarm clock
    it's going to be 5am somewhere in the world, it just so happened it is where you live...and before you give me any crap, I used to live in Perth where things went onsale at 2am, so if I wanted something I had to set my alarm and get out of bed.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    MT132914 said:

goldrush said:

Seriously 10C, what the fuck? Thanks a bunch for putting another item on sale at 5am Australia time and making sure we don't get a look in. I know that there's every chance I may not have got one (as it had sold out by 5.04am, the same time that the newsletter arrived) but at least give people a fair chance. It's 5.45pm on the US East Coast right now, 10.45pm in the UK and 9.45am on the AUS east coast. It really doesn't seem that hard for an organization so keen on pumping out merch to make things available at a decent time.

I know this post won't make a bit of difference, and will get swallowed up in the thread and go largely unread. It's been said often enough on the "Let Your Voice Be Heard (and we'll ignore it anyway)" thread but it's so frustrating when it happens all the time. Yes, it's just a record with 14 minutes of music on it. No, the world hasn't ended. But am I pissed off at not even getting a chance to buy it? Absofuckinglutely!

set your alarm clock
    it's going to be 5am somewhere in the world, it just so happened it is where you live...and before you give me any crap, I used to live in Perth where things went onsale at 2am, so if I wanted something I had to set my alarm and get out of bed.

It also didn't matter. I had the shop open in a tab and was checking on it from time to time. I went about 8 minutes between checks and thats when it went on sale. It sold out so quick peeople paying attention and in the right time zone missed it too.
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    MT132914 said:

goldrush said:

set your alarm clock

I guess that's what happens when you like an american band....
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230

It also didn't matter. I had the shop open in a tab and was checking on it from time to time. I went about 8 minutes between checks and thats when it went on sale. It sold out so quick peeople paying attention and in the right time zone missed it too.

Yep! I blinked and they were gone ! #-o
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Zod said:

MT132914 said:

goldrush said:

set your alarm clock

Yeah, I had the day off today and had no luck, but normally I am working and have no internet access or cell phone use at work. You win some you lose some.

Its pretty well known that merchandise drops occur on the 10th of each month around 10am Pacific Time. I think the 10club has done good lately advertising when goods go onsale (tour posters, MLB RSD 7") and doing presales (Vaults). They can't please everyone everytime unless they start doing larger print runs of "limited merch."

To be honest I prefer the random drops at this point. The checkout process today and for MLB were both nightmares.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,324
    MT132914 said:

goldrush said:

set your alarm clock

Set my alarm clock for what time exactly? There was no on-sale time announced, just rumours and guesses on this thread. Nothing was confirmed until Demetrios' post at 5am. Yes it's always going to be 5am somewhere, and somebody will always miss out because of this. However, like me, they would be fully entitled to air their frustrations at not being given a chance.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:

MT132914 said:

goldrush said:

set your alarm clock

Set my alarm clock for what time exactly? There was no on-sale time announced, just rumours and guesses on this thread. Nothing was confirmed until Demetrios' post at 5am. Yes it's always going to be 5am somewhere, and somebody will always miss out because of this. However, like me, they would be fully entitled to air their frustrations at not being given a chance.
    The majority of drops have been occurring on the 10th of every month at 10am Pacific (10club time). I know its alway 1pm where I live and the drops usually occur like clockwork every 10th of the month.
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• Options
    mahndogmahndog Posts: 394
    Order went through at 1:01... refreshed right at 1pm and got it... also snagged the half price crash 2010 hoodie... shipping confirm at 4:29.

Stoked to have gotten both

Within minutes it was gone... congrats to all who managed to snag one

That sale rocks... got both for less then cost of he hoodie at reg price
    Toronto 9.21.96/Barrie 8.22.98/Toronto 10.5.00/Toronto 6.28.03/Kitchener 9.11.05/Toronto 5.10.06/Toronto 8.21.09/PJ20 9.03.11/PJ20 9.04.11/Toronto 9.11.11/London 7.16.13/Buffalo 10.12.13

kingjeremysig.jpg
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,005
    Damned if I do damned if I don't. Wake at 3am nothing. 4am nothing. 5am F5ing like crazy. The email comes 5.05am. Go to link. SOLD OUT. arghhhh

do u ever feel this shit is controlling ur life. I did this morning as it fucks me for the rest of the day.

oh well still breathing. Lol
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    I ordered some boot CD's with the record. Got in pretty quick even though I had just passed through security check at Midway airport. Had I waited to check till I got to my gate I would have missed out.

Marked as shipped and looks like expected delivery in 5-8 days.

I believe the "released" next to the CD's is because they go through Nugs and not directly from 10C.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
    Any chance of a second 10C run ?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    edited December 2014
    VedderMTL said:

Any chance of a second 10C run ?

I don't think it's 10c release. It's from Vinyl Film Records or whatever that label is called that releases Cameron Crow stuff on vinyl (the same one that did that hard to find almost famous soundtrack on vinyl).
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    MT132914 said:

set your alarm clock

I set my alarm for 2am and did a couple hours of refreshing whilst trying to stay awake.
    Thankfully I managed to score 1
    Tough day at work tho.....
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106

Damned if I do damned if I don't. Wake at 3am nothing. 4am nothing. 5am F5ing like crazy. The email comes 5.05am. Go to link. SOLD OUT. arghhhh

do u ever feel this shit is controlling ur life. I did this morning as it fucks me for the rest of the day.

I like your style. Dedicated crazy mo-fo hardcore Pearl Jam fan. hahaaha. wow. Ya, you got rolled today for sure! Don't let the missed vinyl bog ya down. It's aight. Just a little ditty not worth gettin choked over. As you said; still breathing! but Geez - haha. 3am (not a super great song), 4am (great song btw) and 5am (is that even a song?) and then wham - missed out at 5:05. I feel yer pain. I got up 27 mins after the email by just an internal alarm clock. Of course sold out. Back to bed. Woke up much later to the crazyines on the FB and this forum. Jan 10th will be here soon enough. Something else to toy with our sleepy sleeps.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    Same redraw.

It's the constant head fuck. Early morning of the 11th of each month plays out like this at my house: sleep on couch so not too wake wife and kids in the early hours. Set alarm every hour from 3am today. Refresh from 5mins to the hour to 10 past. No good then repeat next hour. Did this today until nearly throwing the laptop at 5.10am when I realized that sold out really meant sold out and was not changing. Which is 4mins after I realized the thing was on sale and already sold out which was 1min later than receiving the friggin late email.
    Nuff said. I need a new past time.

Needless to say I was useless as tits on a bull at work today.
  • Options
    In dubai with work the now, was in the hard rock cafe 9pm on my mobile kept refreshing put it into my cart, heart was pounding, managed to get one, phew !!!, received my confirmation email 3mins before my monthly newsletter, missed out on the last couple of singles.
  • Options
    timmay44212timmay44212 Posts: 107
    edited December 2014
    For those that don't know, music for film is a series. There will be a box set released soon limited to 500 copies containing all the artists who participated in the music for film project. You will have one last chance to get this, it will be the clear vinyl version. No release date has been announced. I'll post the link with this info once I find it.
    Post edited by timmay44212 on
    10/11/13 consol energy center pittsburgh
  • Options
    scott nowlandscott nowland Australia Posts: 247
    I had five other things in my cart I wanted to purchase at the same time as this but sold out in checkout. Emptied the cart and decided not worth it. Wonder how many other people were in the same boat, tenclub you might have missed out on a nice xmas bonus here.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,087

For those that don't know, music for film is a series. There will be a box set released soon limited to 500 copies containing all the artists who participated in the music for film project. You will have one last chance to get this, it will be the clear vinyl version. No release date has been announced. I'll post the link with this info once I find it.

I've asked about this. Wondering if this will be sold in indie record stores or exclusively online. Crossing fingers for online cause I haven't seen any Vinyl Film Records sold locally. No Music For Film 10" black vinyl singles in Canada. And if so, will this online shop ship outside of the USA.
  • Options
    evsgjamm said:

I like your style. Dedicated crazy mo-fo hardcore Pearl Jam fan. hahaaha. wow. Ya, you got rolled today for sure! Don't let the missed vinyl bog ya down. It's aight. Just a little ditty not worth gettin choked over. As you said; still breathing! but Geez - haha. 3am (not a super great song), 4am (great song btw) and 5am (is that even a song?) and then wham - missed out at 5:05. I feel yer pain. I got up 27 mins after the email by just an internal alarm clock. Of course sold out. Back to bed. Woke up much later to the crazyines on the FB and this forum. Jan 10th will be here soon enough. Something else to toy with our sleepy sleeps.
    Thanks bro...this is what we do right? I will get up again today and do it all again. But I will say this...never been crazy about lavender. PJ make me crazy about anything. haha
  • Options

evsgjamm said:

Thanks bro...this is what we do right? I will get up again today and do it all again. But I will say this...never been crazy about lavender. PJ make me crazy about anything. haha
    If I happen to be sitting on my couch for future drops I will give it a try, otherwise I am not going to go out of my way for these sales.

I kind of wish they weren't so predictable now (10th of the month at 10am)

PJ:

• Options
    Predictable date, but for us eastern Aussies, it has been anywhere from 3-5am. Now other parts of the day, no stress. But staying up or breaking the sleep 3 times is getting tiresome. So let me whinge for 24hrs then I will easily perk up for the next one once again
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    anyone got a black one they don't need?
  • Options
    timmay44212timmay44212 Posts: 107
    edited December 2014
    demetrios said:

I've asked about this. Wondering if this will be sold in indie record stores or exclusively online. Crossing fingers for online cause I haven't seen any Vinyl Film Records sold locally. No Music For Film 10" black vinyl singles in Canada. And if so, will this online shop ship outside of the USA.
    Vinyl films records will more than likely be the site that carries the box set. There isn't a lot of information out about the box set, but this is Cameron Crowes label. If you visit his site you'll see the other artists who have released music for film titles. There's no word on how many artists have signed on or how many more will be releasing music. Seeing the frenzy over Mike's release it would be safe to say it will happen in the coming weeks, but again there is no word on when it will happen. I can say for sure that three artists, McCready, Eluvium, and Su Kil Moon, all have the same 500 clear copies awaiting the "future box set" tag. These 3 artists were all released on November 25th. This may be it, there may be more. Time will tell.
    Post edited by timmay44212 on
    10/11/13 consol energy center pittsburgh
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,867
    pdalowsky said:

anyone got a black one they don't need?

same here, looking for one to spin.

I had five other things in my cart I wanted to purchase at the same time as this but sold out in checkout. Emptied the cart and decided not worth it. Wonder how many other people were in the same boat, tenclub you might have missed out on a nice xmas bonus here.

Same for me too, I was disgusted by this drop and decided I don't need the rest of the stuff
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    kramer73 said:

When items are sold out, they really need to just get rid of the item, or take away the ability to "add" it to you cart.

Yes it sucks when u can add it to your cart but cant proceed.
    I kept getting sent back to shipping page when checking out with other goods today.

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,650
    Had it in my cart and changed my mind. Fvck this collectors frenzy. I used the $20 to buy my kid another gift.