Options

Mike McCready's Music For Film. Vinyl Films Records 10" Clear Box Set.

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Does anyone else feel like Charlie Brown when Lucy rips the football away from him at the last second? Had the disc in my cart, and then I got shuffled back to shipping info. So close... :(
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    benjs said:

MedozK said:

I just wish they would make more. I'm in a group text with 4 other guys right now, and we all wanted this vinyl. Why limit it so much?

I totally believe they limit it to secure a high secondary market price. That way when they sell anything, it sells out immediately.
    Uh... here's the thing about the secondary market: the band and organization don't generate a profit from its strength. I don't think that's a logical argument in favour of limited runs.
    Sure they benefit, you saw it today. Their stuff sells out in seconds, and there is a huge pent up demand.

Dave Mathews represses DMB Live Trax 4 and it sits in his shop.

Do you think if PJ repressed some other limited release like the Coke Bottle Ten it would sit in the shop?
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    SD48277 said:

Does anyone else feel like Charlie Brown when Lucy rips the football away from him at the last second? Had the disc in my cart, and then I got shuffled back to shipping info. So close... :(

way better that my analogy... =D>

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    edited December 2014
    lolobugg said:

scurtis said:

lolobugg said:

So again, how many people on here actually have warehouse status for their order?
    I am just curious

Moi
    You son of a gun =))
    Qu'est qu c'est?

Le Francais, c'est drole pour vous? :)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    MedozK said:

I just wish they would make more. I'm in a group text with 4 other guys right now, and we all wanted this vinyl. Why limit it so much?

I totally believe they limit it to secure a high secondary market price. That way when they sell anything, it sells out immediately.
    I don't think they've hit the sweet spot though. The demand for some of this stuff is so insane. I imagine they could press another 500 or 1000 and the aftermarket would still be big enough that it would sell out right away. The fact that this stuff can go for well over $100 immediately after release shows that the 10c is losing out on potential revenue from pressing more. They could press more and still have demand exceed supply.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

SD48277 said:

Thanks, Logan.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    lolobugg said:

SD48277 said:

Lolo in the whorehouse... Not something to leave us thinking about... :-&
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    PP193448 said:

lolobugg said:

SD48277 said:

Lolo in the whorehouse... Not something to leave us thinking about... :-&
    Yeah. I need to change that before I get banned.
    But I am in the Jody Foster role in this one.

Edit: Done- far be it for me to question the 10club methods.
    Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    benjs said:

MedozK said:

Uh... here's the thing about the secondary market: the band and organization don't generate a profit from its strength. I don't think that's a logical argument in favour of limited runs.
    I see your point, but I dont think they really care about making more profit. If they did they would supply more product.

Why do artist limit their prints to 100.... when they could easily sell 500?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    MedozK said:

Will trade for "Moline", "PJ20 Backpack", or "Kong"

You keep saying this and I keep thinking someone is gonna trade the vinyl for a dog toy.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    SD48277 said:

Particularly if you got the confirmation email then got cancelled. Just like Lucy with the signed contract to not rip the football away, but it wasn't notorized!!!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

MedozK said:

Will trade for "Moline", "PJ20 Backpack", or "Kong"

You keep saying this and I keep thinking someone is gonna trade the vinyl for a dog toy.
    =))
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    I go through daily training exercises to get this stuff.

I sit at home on the computer and practice the checkout process and filling in my credit card info.

My wife and kids sit behind me yelling and throwing stuff so I can stay focused on the task at hand.

Sometimes I practice on an ipad or iphone in case I have to be ninja fast on one of those devices.

Then, the night before I get my wife to spring different scenarios on me.

Power failure, Boss walking into my office, lost credit card etc...

Keeps me sharp and ready for the big show,

Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice does.
  • Options
    Zod said:

MedozK said:

I don't think they've hit the sweet spot though. The demand for some of this stuff is so insane. I imagine they could press another 500 or 1000 and the aftermarket would still be big enough that it would sell out right away. The fact that this stuff can go for well over $100 immediately after release shows that the 10c is losing out on potential revenue from pressing more. They could press more and still have demand exceed supply.
    Yea. I dont think they care about supply/demand. IMO, and thats all it is, is that these incrediblity high secondary prices prove to the "outside world" that PJ is very profitable merchandise to own and that in turn will drive their sales.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

So again, how many people on here actually have warehouse status for their order?
    I am just curious

Got conformation, in my order history as warehouse, and conformation email before the newsletter.
  • Options
    scurtis said:

I sit at home on the computer and practice the checkout process and filling in my credit card info.

My wife and kids sit behind me yelling and throwing stuff so I can stay focused on the task at hand.

Sometimes I practice on an ipad or iphone in case I have to be ninja fast on one of those devices.

All good stuff.
    I need to implement this.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited December 2014
    benjs said:

MedozK said:

It creates hype, and they don't have to dump it in the clearance section for 50% off :disagree: Not saying this is 10c's strategy, but I can see this being a reason for putting limited things out. I mean, I'm already feeling bummed out that I paid more than $27.50 for the Swallowed Whole hoodie that's now in the clearance section!
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

scurtis said:

All good stuff.
    It's a discipline. Be prepared for what you're getting yourself into.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    scurtis said:

hahahahahaha holy shit thats funny...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,003
    scurtis said:

benjs said:

MedozK said:

Sure they benefit, you saw it today. Their stuff sells out in seconds, and there is a huge pent up demand.

Dave Mathews represses DMB Live Trax 4 and it sits in his shop.

Do you think if PJ repressed some other limited release like the Coke Bottle Ten it would sit in the shop?
    Again, I don't think you're understanding this. First-party sales generate profits for a manufacturer. Third-party sales do not, since the first-party sale has already occurred. Whether those same products re-sell for 10x original purchase price or 2000x makes ZERO difference to Pearl Jam/Ten Club.

Opting to be out of stock more often than long on stock is economical when your customers are going to come back again and again for new product. Doing the opposite might be perceived as great by your customers because they can always get what they're after, but your financial advisor is certainly going to criticize you for making the conscious decision to limit your inventory turnover. And, for the record, this band's products might be the only time I've ever seen a corporation criticized for managing their inventory turnover well.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    lolobugg said:

Glad to see some true fans got a few.
    Still think a lot of these went to flippers, but hey! capitalism doesn't discriminate.
    I just think it is BS that in this day and age you can't come up with a program to stop duplicate orders.
    I would've been fine if I hadn't gotten one, but to get an email saying that it was received then backordered then cancelled. not cool.
    feels like I'm in the *****house instead of the warehouse...
    getting done on all fours.

That's a valid point. Many websites I've ordered on subtract the item from the inventory once it's been added to the cart. As long as the item is in the cart someone else can't order it. If it turns out the person changed their minds and removes it from their cart (or doesn't check it out after a period of time) it goes back into inventory. The 10c website doesn't do that (which seems to be basic in most modern websites). The 10c website lets everyone try to order and only subtracts from inventory when an order is successfully completed (and after today's results seems sketchy too).
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    edited December 2014
    scurtis said:

Did you get one?
    Post edited by RKCNDY on
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    snertsnert Posts: 219
    I was lucky. Got one as soon as it went up and didn't lose it when purchasing. Got the confirmation email at 18:02. Didn't receive the monthly 10c newsletter until 18:03 and it had sold out by then. My Order History shows warehouse.

I won't be selling or trading mine. The end.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,212
    but will you listen to it?
  • Options
    Oh, and despite the order cancelation, there is still a pending charge on my credit card. That's pretty shitty if you ask me.
  • Options
    There is one on ebay right now for BIN $700 =))
  • Options
    scurtis said:

lolobugg said:

scurtis said:

All good stuff.
    It's a discipline. Be prepared for what you're getting yourself into.
    I just don't have it anymore. used to be able to nail these things.
    I gotta try something to compete with the super flippers and bots, man.
    I feel like I am clean playing in the steroid era. =))
    that's baseball but I am trying to come up with a hockey analogy... hahahaha
    maybe more coffee for the next online sale???

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    benjs said:

MedozK said:

It sort of does. More people want to order at regular price because it'll be an insane amount of money in the aftermarket. It drives up demand for the initial sale.

That being said I still think the 10c drops the ball on it. The pressings/copies are so low than I think demand is substantially higher than supply. This means they could still sell more copies, and the threat of crazy aftermarket prices would still cause them to sell out.
  • Options

Oh, and despite the order cancelation, there is still a pending charge on my credit card. That's pretty shitty if you ask me.

I still have a charge on my CC and nothing in my order history, I have no idea what is going on...

The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    snert said:

I was lucky. Got one as soon as it went up and didn't lose it when purchasing. Got the confirmation email at 18:02. Didn't receive the monthly 10c newsletter until 18:03 and it had sold out by then. My Order History shows warehouse.

I won't be selling or trading mine. The end.

Same here.
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *