2»

Comments

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    badbrains said:

derbydave said:

wall232 said:

"Madison Square Garden is always an amazing place to play."

They haven't played here since the Garden has had it's makeover. Let's get it done!

mwplum said:

Yes, mentions of Red Rocks and the Gorge are very exciting

I'm in for ALL 3 of these...
    PLEASE play these AMAZING venues in '15!!! :-bd
    Shut up Dave! I was gonna say something foreign but idk if somebody's watching me. =))
    HM me...
    I mean PM me!!! =))
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

pdalowsky said:

PJ_Soul said:

Can't wait for the RNDM album!! Can't come soon enough. Right now if I had to choose between a new PJ album and a new RNDM album I'd choose the latter. I just got a PJ album. Variety is the spice of life, and I LOVE that he and the rest of them spread their talent around (plus, I am also a Joseph Arthur megafan). :) He said RNDM "box". Did he mean figuratively or literally?? :-?

If I had to choose between an RMDM record or a PJ one........that wouldn't take a moments thought.

Quite enjoyed the RNDM debut but it wasn't remotely close to a PJ record for me.
    I actually might like Acts slightly more than I like Lightning Bolt (hadn't considered comparing them before... maybe they are at least equal in terms of how much I enjoy them). And I like Acts WAY more than I liked Backspacer. Otherwise, I like PJ better (of course)
  • Options
    This was a great interview. Thanks for sharing. It's always good to hear about the skate parks he's building.

And I had no idea Jeff was married; but, then, that's his business not mine. :)
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Red Rocks!!!!

I know!! Just play there again already!!!! And yeah, Jeff!! You and Pandora get on making some tiny Aments!!
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Superb!
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,310
    Nice interview, Jeff is just so fricken cool! I'm glad to hear that there's more RNDM stuff in the works, I'm a massive Joseph Arthur fan too and it's always good to hear more from him
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    Who do you trust more in interviews? Politicians campaigning or Pearl Jam members talking about what's next for the band?
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,349

Who do you trust more in interviews? Politicians campaigning or Pearl Jam members talking about what's next for the band?

Lol definitely pj members! Politicians not only lie on a regular basis but they can't ever answer a fucking question either!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552

Lol definitely pj members! Politicians not only lie on a regular basis but they can't ever answer a fucking question either!
    I don't know...still waiting for the EP Mike or STone told us about :)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,924
    pdalowsky said:

PJ_Soul said:

Can't wait for the RNDM album!! Can't come soon enough. Right now if I had to choose between a new PJ album and a new RNDM album I'd choose the latter. I just got a PJ album. Variety is the spice of life, and I LOVE that he and the rest of them spread their talent around (plus, I am also a Joseph Arthur megafan). :) He said RNDM "box". Did he mean figuratively or literally?? :-?

If I had to choose between an RMDM record or a PJ one........that wouldn't take a moments thought.

Quite enjoyed the RNDM debut but it wasn't remotely close to a PJ record for me.
    Totally agree Paul. Pj is my absolute favorite. Side projects are just ok.
    Red rocks, gorge and msg please?!?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    PJ_Soul said:

Figuratively, he said "box", not "box set", unfortunately...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641

:)) I'd say it's about equal!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    BTW this is the life or death Vedder quote from last year that I enjoy so much, referred to above, copied and pasted here.

"I mean it's kind of like dying, or getting older. You don't want to get older but what are the options? And so for us in a way it's like: what are the options, to not be in a group? It's like you wanna just keep living and still be in a band. It’s life or death."
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

BTW this is the life or death Vedder quote from last year that I enjoy so much, referred to above, copied and pasted here.

"I mean it's kind of like dying, or getting older. You don't want to get older but what are the options? And so for us in a way it's like: what are the options, to not be in a group? It's like you wanna just keep living and still be in a band. It’s life or death."

Nice, hadn't read.

Think as you get older the insecurities and strife diminish. The boys genuinely seemed to be having fun two times I saw them this year.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG