Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Geeez....haven't been in this thread for a while and all I've missed is zenith whinging! :lol: Ahhhh.....feels just like tour time! :mrgreen:;)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i think i'm gonna stick to the nice, soft safety of the aussie/kiwi threads. i'm not emotionally equipped to deal with people being arseholes for the sake of boredom.

you guys are the best.

group hug! :mrgreen:
  • NossieNossie Posts: 1,039
    :wave:

hey ya'll... how's tricks???

what's been happening? What've i missed?? How are we all travelling along??

:D
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    doompony wrote:
    i think i'm gonna stick to the nice, soft safety of the aussie/kiwi threads. i'm not emotionally equipped to deal with people being arseholes for the sake of boredom.

you guys are the best.

*shimmies over for a hug*
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Nossie wrote:
    :wave:

hey ya'll... how's tricks???

what's been happening? What've i missed?? How are we all travelling along??

:D

Hey chickadee. Just logged on to post in the workout thread - swing by here and look who I find.

Dont think you've missed anything.....been terribly quiet in here. Been listening to the boots at all? Ive been putting them on randomly for a bit of a memory rush. They all sound great so far. Gonna finally give Sydney a whirl this arvo before I leave
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • NossieNossie Posts: 1,039
    DonJon wrote:
    Hey chickadee. Just logged on to post in the workout thread - swing by here and look who I find.

Dont think you've missed anything.....been terribly quiet in here. Been listening to the boots at all? Ive been putting them on randomly for a bit of a memory rush. They all sound great so far. Gonna finally give Sydney a whirl this arvo before I leave

Hey goodlooking!!! *muah* How the heck have you been? You're still no good with your email are you... :lol:;)

I know... i've been a slack ass... :oops: will get my act together now things have quietened down here and i've actually got a moment to mysel!!! =)

Yessum... listening to the boots and reliving the memory... was such a great time! Looking forward to reliving it with ya'll at the reunion... ;) (wink wink, nudge nudge)

What's happening with you?? Been busy obviously... all settled into the new year?

:thumbup:
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:

you guys are the best.

*shimmies over for a hug*

awww i miss your shimmying. i'm neeeeeeeever gonna daaaaaaance agaaaaaaaain...
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    anyone want to buy a signed skateboard? $400?

:thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    zenith wrote:
    on the up side, i did have a good day today - thinking about applying for 2 new jobs up in wollongong - one at wollongong uni, or one at patient transport in port kembla

It is great that you have the freedom to be looking for another job elsewhere. It sounds like you have put in all the hard yards and now you just need to be where you are appreciated. There is so many half arsed people in important jobs that need to just stop, and reconfigure why they are even there. Don't ever be afraid to speak up, it's people like you that make the best changes. Best of luck. :thumbup:
    dunkman wrote:
    anyone want to buy a signed skateboard? $400?

Depends who it is signed by.... :lol:
    The Wiggles?
    Fat Cat?
    Kev Rudd?

hehehe :mrgreen: ......
    doompony wrote:

you guys are the best.

Just point us in the direction of said arseholes and we'll put em straight......there is no messin with us downunder......because we're nice people :D

Those arseholes on here get a kick out of being an arseholes, and yea, WE don't get why they are like that. Not long after I finally got a computer, first thing I did was come here.....and I got shot down in flames. Fair enough, I dribbled some shit and asked some dumb questions, and I took it all personally , :oops: but then I just went......... HEY! FUCK OFF! you arseholes are just looking to be arseholes.....Now I'm a bit more seasoned and......well.....I'm still dribbling shit and asking dumb questions 8-)
    And while I'm here I want to share a STORY.
    Three days ago, I went to get my msgs off my home phone.......

TELSTRA: ....." Message recieved yesterday at 12.40pm, Press 1 to continue......
    ME: .............Hmmm, thats new, pressed 1 and then...
    TELSTRA: ....." Message recieved yesterday at 12.40pm, Press 1 to continue......
    ME:............. Hmmm, thats new, pressed 1 and then...
    ME:.............. Hmmm, thats new, pressed 1 and then...

So I called TELSTRA 3 times in the last 2 days and spent a collective 2.5 hours with them on the phone explaining what my home phone is doing and they spent time ushering me from "One EXPERT" to another......
    and between us we rebuilt my home message bank......TWICE!
    That cost me having to wipeout the existing messages on my message bank.... Fair enough.

I finaly talked to a bloke named Shane and I could actually understand his english. Even after he couldn't solve the problem, he was still AUSSIE enough to retrieved 4 of my msgs and told them to me which is totally against the companies " PRIVACY" policy .
    - one msg was from my kids dentist that I was waiting for,
    He did this because WE'RE NICE PEOPLE. **Clink to Shane**

Anyway, back to my home phone message bank problem..........Today I answered my home phone and it was a recorded msg from my Bank.

ME: Hello?
    BANK: This is a recording..from THE BANK...Press 1 to continue....
    ME: * hangs up*

Ooooh.
    Now I get it.....The message left on my phone was the end of the automated msg from THE BANK. When they asked me to press 1 to continue, when I pressed 1 on Message Bank it just replayes the original message, which is...the " Press 1 to continue message" :lol::lol::lol: ....I'm a twit.
    But atleast I made TELSTRA sit up and think!! and earn thier money... :lol::lol:
    Oh, and did you hear the RUMOUR that PJ are comming to OZ for thier 20th Anniversary? :P
    Yep, they just love this place.
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Geeez....haven't been in this thread for a while and all I've missed is zenith whinging! :lol: Ahhhh.....feels just like tour time! :mrgreen:;)

oh i miss you too honeybunch ;):lol:

doompony wrote:

you guys are the best.

believe it or not when i first came here i was scared of everyone - that soon changed tho ....... just live by a little rule of mine ... the only peoples opinions i care about are people who i respect.
    *hugs back* :)

Jo wrote:
    Oh, and did you hear the RUMOUR that PJ are comming to OZ for thier 20th Anniversary? :P

no - but really??? jeez i so hope thats true

- i had a dream last night that pearl jam played my old high school hall - and the guys in my class had organised it, so i ran around after them trying to con the big venue PJ banner out of them ... ran around a corner, and theres eddie, looking extra scruffy & sort of grubby :? ... so we had a talk about bloody bicycles. wtf?????
    impatience is a gift ........
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    and job apps in .... whats the bet i get one and then have to run around like a headless chook trying to finally get my house sold???

i do want that uni one tho - the kids are ready to move, everythings starting to fall into place ....

who's going to visit me in the gong??????
    impatience is a gift ........
    my car went in for a service and warrant of fitness today and when i went to pick it up the guy asked me if i was a pearl jam fan.. i laughed and said "what gave it away?" and he said it was the CD in the stereo (AUCKLAND BOOTLEG HOOOO!!!) but i was being sarcastic... didn't realise "normals" don't recognize the pj stickers that don't say the words "pearl" and "jam"... my gremmie, red mozzie, ten club and binaural head are SUBTLE. so we talked about pj for a while. good times.
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    Jo wrote:

What!?
    Where!?
    When!?
    Who!?
    Why!?

:shock: :)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

E.K wrote:
    Jo wrote:

What!?
    Where!?
    When!?
    Who!?
    Why!?

:lol: Starting rumours is fun.
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,707
    Jo wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    Jo wrote:

What!?
    Where!?
    When!?
    Who!?
    Why!?

Awww.... I'm gonna kill you!!! :( ;):lol:

Wouldn't it be great though?
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Jo wrote:
    Jo wrote:

You HAD me "Excited" there for a Second!!!...lol ;)
    so the pixies are coming next month right - playing vector arena (which pj were rumoured to be playing in 2007 i think but it fell through? i dunno...it was in the paper.. so.. it's a big venue essentially). the GA tix sold out in less than a minute (scalpers hooooooooooooo), and i think even the shitty seated tickets are gone now too. anyway, they announced a smaller show at a muuuuuuch smaller venue the night before. tickets sold out in less than 30 seconds.

what the fucking FUCK ticketmaster? my friend is the only person i know of who got tix and thankfully he got one for me too (so i get to see them twice..woot)

but it got me thinkinnnnnng...

IMAGINE how horrendous it would be for us down undah if we had to rely on ticketmaster and ticketmaster alone for our backspacer tix last year! getting them through the 10C was fairly painless - granted, i didn't realise how painless it would be and i was still panicking, but there was that rush of "WHOO DONE!!" when i got mine in august. i'd be freaking out if i had to rely on ticketmaster and their shady shady dealings to get to see the band. not that ticketek were much better - i don't know anyone who managed to get a ticket through them. not through any of the presales and not through the general public sale.

*hugs 10C*

next time pj come and they play wellington.. they should TOTALLY do a smaller show the night before like the pixies! they could do it in my backyard!
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    doompony wrote:
    so the pixies are coming next month right - playing vector arena (which pj were rumoured to be playing in 2007 i think but it fell through? i dunno...it was in the paper.. so.. it's a big venue essentially). the GA tix sold out in less than a minute (scalpers hooooooooooooo), and i think even the shitty seated tickets are gone now too. anyway, they announced a smaller show at a muuuuuuch smaller venue the night before. tickets sold out in less than 30 seconds.

what the fucking FUCK ticketmaster? my friend is the only person i know of who got tix and thankfully he got one for me too (so i get to see them twice..woot)

but it got me thinkinnnnnng...

IMAGINE how horrendous it would be for us down undah if we had to rely on ticketmaster and ticketmaster alone for our backspacer tix last year! getting them through the 10C was fairly painless - granted, i didn't realise how painless it would be and i was still panicking, but there was that rush of "WHOO DONE!!" when i got mine in august. i'd be freaking out if i had to rely on ticketmaster and their shady shady dealings to get to see the band. not that ticketek were much better - i don't know anyone who managed to get a ticket through them. not through any of the presales and not through the general public sale.

*hugs 10C*

next time pj come and they play wellington.. they should TOTALLY do a smaller show the night before like the pixies! they could do it in my backyard!
    I got tickets easy. Ticketmaster is a doddle! ;) To think I was just going to offer you an extra if you needed it...
    aw thanks anyone hon.

how the hell did you do it??? i was sitting at my desk at work hitting F5 for the ten minutes leading up to 12pm when the presale started and at 12pm hit F5, it didn't show up, hit it again straight away.. there they were... entered the number of tickets i wanted, the password and then those fucking annoying captcha things... then 20 seconds past 12, it was telling me there were no tickets left.
    doompony wrote:
    aw thanks anyone hon.

how the hell did you do it??? i was sitting at my desk at work hitting F5 for the ten minutes leading up to 12pm when the presale started and at 12pm hit F5, it didn't show up, hit it again straight away.. there they were... entered the number of tickets i wanted, the password and then those fucking annoying captcha things... then 20 seconds past 12, it was telling me there were no tickets left.
    Just like that, only better ;)

Honestly, I was a bit worried because I was a bit slow on the "Find Tickets" button. I thought I pressed it but hadn't and waited a bit before finally getting it. I guess the key is quick captcha entering. It doesn't have to be right, BTW.
    it doesn't have to be right? huh? isn't that the point of it?
    doompony wrote:
    it doesn't have to be right? huh? isn't that the point of it?
    It doesn't have to be exactly right. It just has to be close enough. Try it.
    :D We need a new lounge suite.
    did someone pee on the old one?
    So are we waiting two or three summers before the lads come back again?
    Just listening to the Perth boot and Ed talks about going to some pool hall and seeing some bands. I honestly thought it was crap and he was just asked to 'plug' someone, having not seen them at all.

Well apparently not...
    http://www.watoday.com.au/entertainment ... -ii5l.html

Must have a listen