Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    Eddie said THAT in Melb? :o

I didn't know that. I wonder if any Aborigines were offended by that, by not understanding what he meant by it?
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Red_Dot wrote:
    Listening to the Melbourne boot now, just noticed Ed says during DTE “those ignorant Aborigines got nothing on me”

Also love the little “Richo” in the middle of Given to Fly :D

i still don't get that line.... "those ignorant Indians got nothing on me”

Is that some white collar dude saying that line?
    edited December 2009
    vital5 wrote:
    Red_Dot wrote:
    Listening to the Melbourne boot now, just noticed Ed says during DTE “those ignorant Aborigines got nothing on me”

I know what you mean...

I have the answer in my head but can't figure out a way to explain it properly...how frustrating!

For me, personally, it's Ed having a dig at people thinking they are better than the Indigenous (or Native? Wasnt sure if I could say that??) people of America, and the world for that matter...so yes, kind of like the White Collars saying they are better than the Indians I guess.
    Where as the Indians probably have a more richer life in terms of happiness and health. In the Vitalogy booklet, isnt there a picture of an Indian, who didnt have any grey hair?
    Post edited by yellowled24 on
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    I've always thought it'd be good to use aborigines or maoris [sic] in that line in Oz/NZ. I guess people can't understand him enough to get upset about it though ;)
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    vital5 wrote:
    Red_Dot wrote:

I know what you mean...

I have the answer in my head but can't figure out a way to explain it properly...how frustrating!

For me, personally, it's Ed having a dig at people thinking they are better than the Indigenous (or Native? Wasnt sure if I could say that??) people of America, and the world for that matter...so yes, kind of like the White Collars saying they are better than the Indians I guess.
    Where as the Indians probably have a more richer life in terms of happiness and health. In the Vitalogy booklet, isnt there a picture of an Indian, who didnt have any grey hair?

evolution is a parody on how the human race has 'evolved' but actually become stupider .... 'the first mammal to wear pants' becomes 'the first man to piss my pants' which might not be original, but ive heard him sing many times ;) buying stocks on the day of the crash, admire my clones, im basically going to fuck the earth up etc

so the 'ignorant indians, aboriginals, whatever' they've been around for years longer than us. and while the haven't 'evolved' in the sense that educated man defines it, they are probably actually far more adapt than us at surviving and respecting what they've been given. we've evolved. but in the past 50 years we've evolved backwards. so who's the 'ignorant' ones ;)
    impatience is a gift ........
    Thank you for explaining it better than me.
    welcome 8-)
  • i think he said it a few times in '06 here too

i wish he still said 'admire Stone' 8-)
    wah
    think he said it a few times in '06 here too

i wish he still said 'admire Stone'

I'm pretty sure he did say admire Stone... which concert weren't you at? :)

$80 flight to Perth :P
    without checking im thinking newcastle.

someone go check ;) if im right i get a prize
  • vital5 wrote:

$80 my ass!!! :evil: hahaa!!
    wah
  • $80 my ass!!! :evil: hahaa!!
    :o :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • whaaaaat that's a proper saying right? :lol:

it's so weird having to read/type/use my fingers again at work, my grammar is so shit, only from 3 weeks off work :o

anyone else the same? :?
    wah
    mine always was

listening to brissie 8-)8-)8-):D

up in my tree - my smile is so wide it hurts

and in hiding, in my tree, and save you .... all all one after the other!!!! how this has taken so long to re-occur to me is unbelievable - i dont know how i didnt implode on the spot at that show :D
    zenith wrote:
    mine always was

and in hiding, in my tree, and save you .... all all one after the other!!!! how this has taken so long to re-occur to me is unbelievable - i dont know how i didnt implode on the spot at that show :D
    I did smell something funny...
    vital5 wrote:

$80 my ass!!! :evil: hahaa!!
    Perth is like so close to Adelaide.... you could have taken your Jukebox Dad along :)

If that man went to the concert.. he'd be singing along... to a different tune!! :lol:
    vital5 wrote:
    zenith wrote:
    mine always was

I did smell something funny...

actually - where exactly were you standing??? some idiot hurled over the barrier about 3 people down from me. i kept worrying that ed would slip over on it when he did his run :shock: :lol:
  • jukebox man would have shouted business class you reckon brits?

so glad save you was somewhere on tour, always love hearing that live :) Boston puke becomes Brissie puke? :o
    wah
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Save You rocks big time.

Unthought Known is such a good live track. Shits on Amongst the Waves

Supersonic WOULD be great live too!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its friday. Chrissy party this arvo. Two tomorrow then a BBQ sunday. I HATE christmas :evil:

:?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • DonJon wrote:
    Save You rocks big time.

Unthought Known is such a good live track. Shits on Amongst the Waves

Supersonic WOULD be great live too!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its friday. Chrissy party this arvo. Two tomorrow then a BBQ sunday. I HATE christmas :evil:

:?

i only hate it because i cant keep drinking for the whole season! :lol:
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016