Options

Mother Love Bone - Hold Your Head Up 7" RSD. 10club .. Sold out!

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    A lot of shops have 10+ copies of these. If you're in Seattle I've been told that as of tonight Easy Street (west) has like 30 of them
  • Options
    smitalsmital Posts: 187
    Suziemay said:

NYC - there were a bunch at Bleecker Street Records. $12.99, though, but Manhattan rents are expensive (plus they have those two fat cats to feed LOL)

Rough Trade in Brooklyn had at least 6 as of Sat night and they are just $4.99.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    edited November 2014
    smital said:

Suziemay said:

NYC - there were a bunch at Bleecker Street Records. $12.99, though, but Manhattan rents are expensive (plus they have those two fat cats to feed LOL)

But did they have 2 fat cats? Ouch. I was originally thinking of heading to Rough Trade yesterday, but decided I was going to abstain from all Black Friday activities. For happening to walk by a record store unplanned, Bleecker St Records was very good to me :)
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Suziemay said:

smital said:

Suziemay said:

But did they have 2 fat cats? Ouch. I was originally thinking of heading to Rough Trade yesterday, but decided I was going to abstain from all Black Friday activities. For happening to walk by a record store unplanned, Bleecker St Records was very good to me :)
    And to me and my daughter. Thanks for the tip, Su May. I still need to make my way over to Rough Trade one of these days.

Also, I encourage everyone in the area to visit Fifth Avenue Record and Tape Center in Brooklyn (Park Slope area). It's a ramshackle shop that's been there forever, and the owner is a sweet old Brooklynite who gives his customers very good deals.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    smitalsmital Posts: 187
    edited November 2014
    Suziemay said:

No cats at Rough Trade, you've got to hand it to Bleeker St for that!
  • Options
    Just got back from Silver Platters-Crossroads in Bellevue, WA. They had 19 copies of the MLB single. It was selling for $12.99. Interesting.
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    PhilR1959 said:

Just got back from Silver Platters-Crossroads in Bellevue, WA. They had 19 copies of the MLB single. It was selling for $12.99. Interesting.

Why is that interesting?
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480

PhilR1959 said:

Why is that interesting?
    I don't want to speak for PhilR1959, but perhaps there wouldn't be 19 copies on the shelf if the price was lower. The wide range of prices on this record makes me wonder how prices get set on these things. I picked one up at my local record store for $4.99.

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Wonder how many people bought it because they thought it was out of 500. Now it seems like it was out of 5000.
  • Options
    Ok, but that was pretty much the standard price here in Seattle.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    I'm sure the 10C sale put a damper on sales at record stores, too.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,918

That or the 10club vinyl copies are a different variant? Maybe they are colored or signed by Jeff & Stone. Wishful thinking.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

That or the 10club vinyl copies are a different variant? Maybe they are colored or signed by Jeff & Stone. Wishful thinking.
    Exactly what I was hoping for...

• Options
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options
    TC282314TC282314 Posts: 380
    If you are still looking for a copy of MLB and are in the US I have an extra copy.

just checked and it was 12.99. It's yours for 12.99 + shipping if you want it.
  • Options
    Still available. But exclusive to USA residents only.
  • Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Hold-Your-Head-Up-Friday/dp/B00Q7DIUN8/ref=pd_sim_m_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0DZA7GP9GDC9Z74H6GBN

There's many listings on Amazon that are so much cheaper then what's available on eBay for those who missed out.
  • Options
    Still a bunch at Easy Street in Seattle
  • Options

Wow!! They must of pressed over 5000 copies of these.

10club copies haven't been shipped out yet. Am I the only one guessing their copies sold were colored? Or that they were signed by Jeff, Stone, Bruce & Greg?

Wishful thinking, right?
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    demetrios said:

Wow!! They must of pressed over 5000 copies of these.

10club copies haven't been shipped out yet. Am I the only one guessing their copies sold were colored? Or that they were signed by Jeff, Stone, Bruce & Greg?

Wishful thinking, right?
    Or maybe they forgot to hold back copies for 10c like promised, and everyone's going, OH SHIT!!! (I'm sure that's not the case).
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    I think there were a lot of these pressed. I saw copies still on the shelves at two places in the Twin Cities last night.
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    A store here in Kansas City posted that they received a late shipment of Black Friday releases and now have more Mother Love Bone vinyls. Definitely a lot of these out there and doesn't appear to be that limited.
  • Options
    Shipping confirmation email received. Sweet! :)
  • Options
    Frankie79Frankie79 Cornwall, UK Posts: 203
    Glad to get the confirmation email as I wasn't sure it had gone through properly, hopefully we'll see these this side of the holidays in the UK.
    Hyde Park 25/06/10
    MEN Arena 20-21/06/12
    Leeds 08/07/14
    Milton Keynes 11/07/14
    Mexico City 28/11/15
    EV London 6-7/6/17
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

In Montana for a funeral, have shitty internet service...missed out.

Congrats to those that got one.

I may have an extra...stay tuned
    Thanks man, I actually have an angel that is sending me one.
    Such a wonderful person...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    There was at least 30-40 copies at Easy Street Records last night when I stopped in.

• Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    Still waiting for my shipping conformation email.. :/
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    one of my friends works at a record store and picked me one up, still haven't gotten it yet though, lol
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Still copies available at my local shop. Hard to believe...
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209