I'm Already Having PJ Withdrawl.........

Tour is almost over, is anyone else sad? Hoping they come to Cleveland next spring/summer, my 85 yr old mom wants to see them!!!! She thinks EV is like Elvis, looks and sound..... too cool!
"The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,636
    i thought, because of your anxiety, you were not going to anymore shows?

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/237034/in-need-of-two-ga-pit-tickets-for-any-us-show/p1
    www.myspace.com
  • iimagineiimagine Posts: 492
    No Juggler, I went to Cincinnati and Detroit and did very well!!! So now I have the confidence to go..... I followed the setlists for all the shows, amazing!!!

"The Only Thing Worse Than Realizing Your Shortcomings, Is Not Realizing Your Brilliance"- iimagine (Gina) 2012
    No Juggler, I went to Cincinnati and Detroit and did very well!!! So now I have the confidence to go..... I followed the setlists for all the shows, amazing!!!

• Agreed!! Now we wait for the next announcement whenever that will be
  • BimBim Posts: 26
    Looking forward to more Ohio shows, and another tour!
    11-18-91 Columbus, OH: 7-29-92 Cuyahoga Falls, OH: 8-21-00 Columbus, OH: 6-24-03 Columbus, OH: 10-2-04 Toledo, OH: 5-20-06 Cleveland, OH: 6-24-06 Cincinnati, OH: 5-6-10 Columbus, OH: 11-15-13 Dallas,TX: 10-1-14 Cincinnati, OH: 4-21-16 Columbia, SC: 4-26-16 Lexington, KY: 4-28-16 Philadelphia, PA: 4-29-16 Philadelphia, PA
    iimagine said:

okay. so if you need tickets next tour, don't use that excuse again!
    www.myspace.com
    Juggler, I don't wish Anxiety Disorder on anyone it's debilitating , obviously you don't experience it, good for you. That was not an excuse to get tickets, I really didn't want to mention it at all, but some members were messaging me because they had the impression that I was sick with something fatal, and of course, I was honest about it. I have received several pm about others with anxiety, and they completely understand where I'm coming from. This was a huge triumph for me, and instead of being somewhat compassionate, i get scolded by a stranger who doesn't know me at all.. Sad, Sad, Sad. If I have an opportunity in the future to attend a PJ concert with someone who is trying to cope with Anxiety, I welcome it.....I know how it is to miss years of concerts of a band who you love to no end, because of something that makes no sense to you. ---And not only concerts, enjoying life at all. But, I'm better now, and so happy because I did go to two PJ concerts, and will go to more as long as I feel that I am able to, no matter what you say or think Juggler..oh, and BTW, I only received one ticket, ONE from the Fan Club, the others were purchased from ebay and one from a facebook group, where my anxiety was not mentioned.
    Bim said:

ejleonjr said:

Agreed!! Now we wait for the next announcement whenever that will be

Yes, and yes, can't wait!!!! :D
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    congrats on overcoming your challenge and having a great time at the shows.
    cmalisze said:

congrats on overcoming your challenge and having a great time at the shows.

that means a lot, thank you , thank you!!!
  • The only thing I get anxious about is your anxiety. Don't freak out near me!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.

The only thing I get anxious about is your anxiety. Don't freak out near me!

???????
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    iimagine said:

Bim said:

ejleonjr said:

Agreed!! Now we wait for the next announcement whenever that will be

Yes, and yes, can't wait!!!! :D
    Fuck ohio! :D
    Fuck Jersey! ;)
  • iimagine said:

Fuck Jersey! ;)

I don't think you want to do that...
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14
    edited October 2014

iimagine said:

Fuck Jersey! ;)

They don't call it Dirty Jersey for nothing! =))

Edit- just saw you're in philly, you have no room to talk buddy! =))
    Post edited by badbrains on

iimagine said:

Fuck Jersey! ;)

it's just a little joke Badbrains and I have ongoing, I actually have been before, and love Jersey-he knows it....

• badbrains said:

iimagine said:

Fuck Jersey! ;)

They don't call it Dirty Jersey for nothing! =))

Edit- just saw you're in philly, you have no room to talk buddy! =))
    touche :D
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14
    iimagine said:

iimagine said:

Fuck Jersey! ;)

it's just a little joke Badbrains and I have ongoing, I actually have been before, and love Jersey-he knows it....

Fuck jersey, ya I know it! Hahaha
    iimagine said:

Juggler, I don't wish Anxiety Disorder on anyone it's debilitating , obviously you don't experience it, good for you. That was not an excuse to get tickets, I really didn't want to mention it at all, but some members were messaging me because they had the impression that I was sick with something fatal, and of course, I was honest about it. I have received several pm about others with anxiety, and they completely understand where I'm coming from. This was a huge triumph for me, and instead of being somewhat compassionate, i get scolded by a stranger who doesn't know me at all.. Sad, Sad, Sad. If I have an opportunity in the future to attend a PJ concert with someone who is trying to cope with Anxiety, I welcome it.....I know how it is to miss years of concerts of a band who you love to no end, because of something that makes no sense to you. ---And not only concerts, enjoying life at all. But, I'm better now, and so happy because I did go to two PJ concerts, and will go to more as long as I feel that I am able to, no matter what you say or think Juggler..oh, and BTW, I only received one ticket, ONE from the Fan Club, the others were purchased from ebay and one from a facebook group, where my anxiety was not mentioned.

the only reason people asked you about it was because you voluntarily said in your first post of that thread that "this will probably be my last pearl jam concert." so it seemed like you were wanting some sort of attention/sympathy--whatever you want to call it to draw attention to your "needing" of a ga pearl jam ticket.

either way, I am happy that going to 2 pearl jam concerts cured you of your anxiety disorder. I have a few people I am very close with who have suffered from anxiety issues for years so I am going to get them on the phone right now and tell them that all they need to do to overcome this debilitating issue is to join the tenclub!
    www.myspace.com
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,411
    I call it post show withdrawal/depression since the tour is now over with.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

I call it post show withdrawal/depression since the tour is now over with.

so true!! hopefully new dates will be announced soon!
  • Time to engage in other interests I think. Lots of great music out there, food, sex....you know...things OTHER than Pearl Jam? Hahaha!! :D
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited October 2014
    Juggler, that is exactly what I posted, 'may be my last PJ concert', but I did really well, and will go to more because of it- and I am happy about that, as is several of the members are, why can't you? I wasn't looking for attention or sympathy, just stated the truth, if I couldn't handle the concert, I would never attempt it again.....so glad I did!!! I'm a long way from being cured, I wish.. I do not believe that anyone you know suffers from this, you would never be this nasty about it, never! Anyway, I do not feel like I should defend myself to you any more than what I have. I feel sorry for you, putting so much energy into being so mean, rude and nasty to someone on a forum. You should take that energy and try to find a way to be happy in life, pitiful.
    Post edited by iimagine on

Time to engage in other interests I think. Lots of great music out there, food, sex....you know...things OTHER than Pearl Jam? Hahaha!! :D

;);)
    iimagine said:

Juggler, that is exactly what I posted, 'may be my last PJ concert', but I did really well, and will go to more because of it- and I am happy about that, as is several of the members are, why can't you? I wasn't looking for attention or sympathy, just stated the truth, if I couldn't handle the concert, I would never attempt it again.....so glad I did!!! I'm a long way from being cured, I wish.. I do not believe that anyone you know suffers from this, you would never be this nasty about it, never! Anyway, I do not feel like I should defend myself to you any more than what I have. I feel sorry for you, putting so much energy into being so mean, rude and nasty to someone on a forum. You should take that energy and try to find a way to be happy in life, pitiful.

no, i think you are cured. good luck to you in the future.
    www.myspace.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430

Time to engage in other interests I think. Lots of great music out there, food, sex....you know...things OTHER than Pearl Jam? Hahaha!! :D

Food, sex, Pearl Jam... sounds like my St. Paul trip!

Food, sex, Pearl Jam... sounds like my St. Paul trip!
    That's what I call a hat trick! =))
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited October 2014
    iimagine said:

You used a condition in your initial post to get GA TICKETS! The absolute worst place for person with anxiety. And yes have very close family with anxiety. If your being legit good for you but don't be surprised if people question it.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    Hi Callen, I did not get any Ga tickets, although that would have been awesome! Now that I went to shows and saw GA, I don't think it would have been a problem, because I really get caught up in the music. However, I didn't know how I would be until I went, and I wanted to challenge myself. I haven't been to a PJ concert since 2006, and have had somewhat of a struggle in life itself because of anxiety. 2014 is the first year in a long time I felt some confidence to even attempt a concert again, I am better now. I am on some mild meds everyday, and have ativan for acute situations. I did take one before Cincy, but took nothing for Detroit. Along with meds, I also read books upon books about overcoming anxiety, which is what I give credit to most of my confidence in dealing with anxiety. Again, I was just stating the truth, and completely legit. I understand that members here don't really know each other, but I am not the type of person to take advantage of the kindness of others by making something up, let alone something like anxiety. I purchased one ticket to the Detroit show from this site, two Cincy's from ebay, and one Detroit from a Facebook group. I think that if you and others read some of my posts, and you know anything about anxiety disorder, that it's pretty evident that I am not making this crap up, and I wouldn't. Thank you Callen, I get where your coming from, however I hope I explained myself for the last time....do other's get grilled like this when looking for tickets? This is really something I never wanted to discuss to this extent.