Options

When Did Pearl Jam Fans Get so Old?

Comments

• Options

Nineties babies.. To them PJ are their classic rock heroes. And still, they are just Pearl Jam to us. .

So are PJ to them really like the Stones/ the Who/ Led Zep were to us? I mean, iconic like THAT?
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited October 2014
    badbrains said:

ldent42 said:

@lolobugg‌ yes I was referring to hipsters in nirvana shirts sorry for the super late reply.

You know how I know we're old? Someone posted SASE in another thread without explanation and no one asked what the hell that means. THATs how I know I'm old.

Wait, what's SASE? Such A Shitty Encore??? Hahahaha
    Bwahaha!
    I'm 36, and I don't feel old. Now get out of my pit, you kane-swinging wrinkle-lituses ;)

My youth does not mean that I am not a grammar nazi though. I love that words from my native language have made it into regular lingo on here. But I feel the urge to say it...
    It is PAPPNASE, not Pappanase. Pappnase literally means a nose made of cardboard/ pappmache, it is what clowns are wearing. That was your little German lesson of the day.

Rock on!

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

ldent42 said:

@lolobugg‌ yes I was referring to hipsters in nirvana shirts sorry for the super late reply.

You know how I know we're old? Someone posted SASE in another thread without explanation and no one asked what the hell that means. THATs how I know I'm old.

Bwahaha!
    I'm 36, and I don't feel old. Now get out of my pit, you kane-swinging wrinkle-lituses ;)

My youth does not mean that I am not a grammar nazi though. I love that words from my native language have made it into regular lingo on here. But I feel the urge to say it...
    It is PAPPNASE, not Pappanase. Pappnase literally means a nose made of cardboard/ pappmache, it is what clowns are wearing. That was your little German lesson of the day.

Rock on!

And I took German in high school. Well, I tried to take it. Hahaha but I was a pappnase!

Edit-SASE= self addressed stamped envelope? WINNNER!!!!! Lol
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    This thread makes me laugh!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

ldent42 said:

Bwahaha!

Rock on!

And I took German in high school. Well, I tried to take it. Hahaha but I was a pappnase!

Ha! This old-school chick was waiting for someone to post it.

Now...do you know what SWAK is?

Also, loved the metal grandma photo, Leeze :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    hedonist said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

ldent42 said:

Bwahaha!

Rock on!

Ha! This old-school chick was waiting for someone to post it.

Now...do you know what SWAK is?

Also, loved the metal grandma photo, Leeze :D
    Sealed with a kiss! BOOM! BANG! What else u got! Bring it!!!! >:/ =))
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    I started listening to PJ in 1994, I was 12 years old, and on Wednesday, I will be 32....yeah, 20 years has passed and they're still my favorite band, and will forever be...I don't care old they are or we are...I'm even getting my 13 year old daughter into them a little bit...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Color me impressed!

I got nothing else, for now >:)
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Color me impressed!

I cheated..... ;):))
  • Options
    badbrains said:

hedonist said:

Color me impressed!

Halts GALL :-w
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Christ I actually knew sealed with a kiss.
    AND I'M NOT EVEN 30.

This is funnier cuz I'm posting from a wheelchair in a nursing home. Ha ha. (Visiting, not living here.)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    hedonist said:

badbrains said:

hedonist said:

Color me impressed!

I could've lied and acted like I know my shit! Hahaha
  • Options
    badbrains said:

hedonist said:

badbrains said:

hedonist said:

Color me impressed!

Don't I know it! You're true blue though.

Ident, are you visiting while IN a wheelchair or just zooming around in a pilfered one?
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

ldent42 said:

Bwahaha!

Rock on!

My first contest from a TV station to win tickets to Pearl Jam in 94 required you to send a SASE and a coloured piece of construction paper with the words "That's an eye, that's an ear, that's a bug".

I was in High School at the time and my parents complained about how many times I wanted to enter because it was costing them a fortune. I am sure I must have entered that contest close to 100times (all with a SASE). Licking those stamps reminded me of a Seinfeld episode later on.
  • Options

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

ldent42 said:

Bwahaha!

Rock on!

My first contest from a TV station to win tickets to Pearl Jam in 94 required you to send a SASE and a coloured piece of construction paper with the words "That's an eye, that's an ear, that's a bug".

I was in High School at the time and my parents complained about how many times I wanted to enter because it was costing them a fortune. I am sure I must have entered that contest close to 100times (all with a SASE). Licking those stamps reminded me of a Seinfeld episode later on.
    Did you win??? If so, job WELL DONE you pappnase!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    hedonist said:

badbrains said:

hedonist said:

badbrains said:

hedonist said:

Color me impressed!

Don't I know it! You're true blue though.

Ident, are you visiting while IN a wheelchair or just zooming around in a pilfered one?
    I was just sitting in one in the hallway waiting to be allowed back into the room. There's no regular chairs and I don't wanna sit on the floor.

on an unrelated note I had to send a SASE recently cuz that's the only way this place would send you a receipt.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    OctopuS27OctopuS27 Portugal Posts: 569
    Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out :-\"
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    OctopuS27 said:

Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out :-\"

says who ?
  • Options
    OctopuS27OctopuS27 Portugal Posts: 569
    Tom Petty ;)
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    lol lame
  • Options
    deenieskateeniedeenieskateenie Australia Posts: 22
    edited October 2014
    I'm new here, and I don't forum often.

What is SASE, SWAK, and Pappanese/Pappnese??

I'm so outta touch... haha
    Post edited by deenieskateenie on
  • Options

SASE-self addressed stamped envelope

Swak-sealed with a kiss

Pappnase- http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/237506/iso-for-an-ebay-seller-from-which-i-have-paid-2-x-twenty-vinyl-sealed-but-never-got-something/p1
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I guess when I started hearing alive and black on classic rock stations.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Maybe the REAL question should be-When did pearl jam fans get so lame?

Edit-or selfish? Or greedy? Or shameless?
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

badbrains said:

ldent42 said:

Bwahaha!

Rock on!

PAPPNASE...Sorry about that... I will try to spell it correctly. it is my new favorite word!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    badbrains said:

SASE-self addressed stamped envelope

Swak-sealed with a kiss

Pappnase- http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/237506/iso-for-an-ebay-seller-from-which-i-have-paid-2-x-twenty-vinyl-sealed-but-never-got-something/p1
    Pappnase.

That was the funniest shit ever.

I'm still not sure if he was calling me an idiot or a cardboard nose. Good stuff.
  • Options
    Cardboard nose :D

I wonder if Stefan is aware of his ripple-effect contributions here.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    hedonist said:

Probably not.

I'm guessing/hoping he's still looking for advocate. Or he's busy making sand kasten and leave wast anywhere.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

hedonist said:

Probably not.

I'm guessing/hoping he's still looking for advocate. Or he's busy making sand kasten and leave wast anywhere.
    Schlau-Meier!!!

if you have learned to read in the school or did you sleep there?,

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346