Options

2 Winners of PJ20 Backpacks & Totals announced!!

Comments

• Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    a5pj said:

badbrains said:

This is gonna be sick seeing who gets these backpacks!

I think it'll be just as sick seeing how much money was raised for a great cause!
    Ditto!
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    The Akkus said:

a5pj said:

badbrains said:

I think it'll be just as sick seeing how much money was raised for a great cause!
    Ditto!
    Double ditto
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

The Akkus said:

a5pj said:

badbrains said:

Ditto!
    Double ditto
    Stop lying all of you! U guys want this backpack just as bad as everyone else. Hahaha, but ya, Dave def raised a shitload of money for this cause.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    badbrains said:

The Akkus said:

a5pj said:

badbrains said:

Ditto!
    Double ditto
    Stop lying all of you! U guys want this backpack just as bad as everyone else. Hahaha, but ya, Dave def raised a shitload of money for this cause.
    Yeah, a backpack would be very nice, I just had to try to get on his good side to get one lol. But in all seriousness I would love to do one of these every month or so, I'm sure that would bring a ton of good (and be a ton of work) for Dave and OYR.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    First and foremost, I am at a loss to describe via typing words at the amazement I feel towards everyone's help and contributions to this fund-raiser. There was so much participation beyond my wildest dreams. Whether you helped with donating items, bumped this thread, participated with $ donation entries, or anything in between, I can't say it enough: THANK YOU!!!

I am beyond grateful and amazed to announce WE have raised $2025 dollars. After shipping the prizes out, every penny and I mean every penny will go to Operation Yellow Ribbon's care package expenses. Sadly, we have been at war in Afghanistan for over 13 years now. We are now back in Iraq. We have our brave women and men in other areas of the Middle East including Syria, Qatar, Kuwait and the Gulf. These care packages are a fantastic way to send the message to them that they are not alone. They are not forgotten and that we are a grateful group of free people.
    We don't have to be pro war to support those that signed up to make sure that if it is needed, they will always be there to keep us free. To keep us safe. To keep us with the lifestyles we have where we can go to concerts and follow our band religiously, where we can be on forums and have different opinions. Where we can have lives that include the ability to vote without fear or consequences or to practice our respective faith without looking over our shoulders.

Thanks to all of you, Operation Yellow Ribbon of SJ now has more funds to help us continue our mission of sending treats, of sending hygiene products and sending things like leftover Halloween Candy and home baked cookies in time for the December Holidays. All things we take for granted here daily that they don't have access too frequently.

Thank you to everyone for being you. Thank you for being the most amazing community and fan base in the existence of this planet. We all learn and feed off each other and this band. All of you have just moved me so much that I am just so grateful. The 2 words "Thank you" is not a fair enough way to express my gratitude

Now to the prizes:
    For all of those that win runner up prizes (and there will be many), please be patient with me as it will take me a while to get through everything and PM you for your address and then another few weeks for your prizes to get there. In fact, one of the back packs may not get shipped out for a few weeks due to the person with it traveling. So please keep that in mind as it may take a few weeks for everything to be packed and shipped out.

I am happy to announce the not 2 winners where each one will receive a brand new, sealed PJ20 Backpack. Congrats go out to forum members:
    TOPKICKER
    JEFF2040

Congrats to both of you for winning a backpack. Congrats to everyone else for amazing participation and truly making a difference. You all are an inspiration. My only regret is I wish I had a PJ20 back pack for each and every one of you.

THANK YOU!!
    -EV
    video.operationyellowribbonsouthjersey.org/
  • Options
    pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836
    edited November 2014
    That's awesome!! Congrats to you, the charity and everybody involved!
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    =D>

Tremendous job everyone!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    AMAZING! ^:)^
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Great job EV. How about sending us losers some of your fresh baked cookies too. :-SS
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    PP193448 said:

Great job EV. How about sending us losers some of your fresh baked cookies too. :-SS

I can send you some carrot sticks maybe!!
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,592
    I can't believe that I was a winner of a backpack but I'm even more amazed at the amount of money our little community raised for a great cause! I look forward to ripping open that backpack and using it all the time! :D

Thanks again Dave, keep up the good work!!!
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Dangling carrot sticks out to make me donate more next time??? You're sneaky... ^:)^
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Great job Dave and to all those involved =D>
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Awesome work, Dave (and all of the people who donated prizes and cash)!

The $2000+ that was raised is an amazing total!
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    =D> =D> =D> Congratulations to the winners! An amazing sum of money raised to support important work - reminding serving Defence personnel and veterans that their contribution is valued and that they hold a revered place in their communities at home.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Fuck ya Dave! Awesome job Dave, bravo man!
  • Options
    wawwaw Posts: 61

First and foremost, I am at a loss to describe via typing words at the amazement I feel towards everyone's help and contributions to this fund-raiser. There was so much participation beyond my wildest dreams. Whether you helped with donating items, bumped this thread, participated with $ donation entries, or anything in between, I can't say it enough: THANK YOU!!!

I am beyond grateful and amazed to announce WE have raised $2025 dollars. After shipping the prizes out, every penny and I mean every penny will go to Operation Yellow Ribbon's care package expenses. Sadly, we have been at war in Afghanistan for over 13 years now. We are now back in Iraq. We have our brave women and men in other areas of the Middle East including Syria, Qatar, Kuwait and the Gulf. These care packages are a fantastic way to send the message to them that they are not alone. They are not forgotten and that we are a grateful group of free people.
    We don't have to be pro war to support those that signed up to make sure that if it is needed, they will always be there to keep us free. To keep us safe. To keep us with the lifestyles we have where we can go to concerts and follow our band religiously, where we can be on forums and have different opinions. Where we can have lives that include the ability to vote without fear or consequences or to practice our respective faith without looking over our shoulders.

video.operationyellowribbonsouthjersey.org/

Wow, what a great way to raise a nice sum of money for an awesome cause!!!!!!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    Congrats to the grand prize winners and excellent job everyone on helping raise over $2000 for Dave's cause! =D>
  • Options
    jeff2040 said:

I can't believe that I was a winner of a backpack but I'm even more amazed at the amount of money our little community raised for a great cause! I look forward to ripping open that backpack and using it all the time! :D

Thanks again Dave, keep up the good work!!!

Awesome -- Jeff is keeping it rolling -- first our PJ fantasy league and now this -- Congrats!!!

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Congrats to the winners and the organizers :D
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Well done Dave and congrats to the winners. Enjoy your prizes <:-P
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Yay!! Congratulations to TOPKICKER and Jeff2040! Great job everyone!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    Great job ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    :D
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Big congrats to everyone to get the total over $2k, I hope this reaches a lot of troops and gives their spirits a much needed lift!!!! Great work Dave as usual, you are the man!!! Not manly like Aaron Rodgers is but your not far behind!! :)
    Keep up the great work!!!!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    Awesome job Dave. Congrats to the winners.
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    Great work Dave! Love this community.
    -Chris
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,015
    Dorky laptop bag. .. Looks like it's still u and me. :D

Well done all that donated the prizes and the dollars. Great cause
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Well done everybody! 2k, WOW!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Congrats to the winners! (I won too!) =D>

Amazing!
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    nostackedvinylnostackedvinyl Maine Posts: 857

Dorky laptop bag. .. Looks like it's still u and me. :D

Well done all that donated the prizes and the dollars. Great cause

emjot said:

Well done everybody! 2k, WOW!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Congrats to the winners! (I won too!) =D>

Amazing!

So people are already getting messages from Dave about winning or not? That was fast!!
    it's a fragile thing, this life we lead.

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

ev: 06/15/11