What's the most pie you've ever eaten in 24 hours?

2»

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    hedonist said:

Less than one bite.

Well now, that's like being a little bit pregnant.

Any bite is a bite regardless of its size - you've got your small bite, your standard bite, then the big bite.

Thanks for the :)
    Half a bite is probably more than I've eaten. I can't honestly remember ever eating pie.
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    I had a bit of a pie weekend last weekend, actually I ate more pie than I've eaten in a loooooong time! My partner & I went away for the weekend(to a geothermal area here in NZ about 3 hours drive from home. Mmmmm! Weekend of soaking in hot pools!). A friend of my partner's told us about a bakery that's won the best pie in NZ competition many time in the last 10 years or so & sooooo what were we to do but we went there for lunch, & then back the next day! So, I ate 3 pies last weekend but I'm talking individual ones, so 4" ones, not 10".
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    ^^^ that's so funny to see you refer to the pies as 4"...I would assume you would have talked about them in metric terms for some reason. :D

Though, 3 pies times 4" would be 12", so would that essentially equal a 12" pie?

(forgive me for being silly, it's late and I can't sleep, I start thinking weird things)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    ^^^ Ha ha back at you, I 'translated' the measurements!! ;-) I wouldn't usually refer to any pie by size like that, it'd be a big one or a small one, but I just noticed people talking about 10" ones above so was trying to talk the lingo I suppose!! ;-) I had to text my partner though & ask him how many inches he thought the pies we ate were!! & yes, indeed I did eat 12" of pie in 24 hours!! :-O Actually, it's kinda funny though coz we do still refer to some things by 'inches' & I guess if we were to talk about the size of pie it might be by inches.

Mmmmmm, pie!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • ^^^ lol these are awesome posts!

And 12" of pie in 24 hours? We have a new leader! And I have a new hero, lol :D

And Last-12-Exit: What's wrong with you? That's just not normal behaviour. C'mon man, eat some pie!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

hedonist said:

Less than one bite.

Well now, that's like being a little bit pregnant.

Any bite is a bite regardless of its size - you've got your small bite, your standard bite, then the big bite.

Thanks for the :)
    Half a bite is probably more than I've eaten. I can't honestly remember ever eating pie.
    Can someone please get last12 some bangen pie to eat please!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    It's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, so pumpkin pie is in my future. Apparently I have to share one pie with 7 other people! I don't think it will go well for the others.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

It's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, so pumpkin pie is in my future. Apparently I have to share one pie with 7 other people! I don't think it will go well for the others.

I bought my sister a pumpkin pie today. Wonder if she's gonna let me have some.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited October 2014
    never ate an entire pie. i do for seriousness love pecan pie like there is no tomorrow
    but thanks to paleo my choices are not in the direction of pie at this time
    i get spinach or meat or something
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    If any of you are in or visit LA, I recommend checking out the Pie Hole near downtown. Both sweet and savory pies, with crust and fillings like nobody's business.

Plus they have kickass coffee, and sell the softest tees and hoodies.

http://www.thepieholela.com/

• Where do we fall on cheesecake? Can it be classified as pie? It definitely isn't cake!
    It's a confusing desert, like apple crisp (Why don't you just make a goddam pie instead of making this demented pie brick?!?!)

Now I'm hungry. Shit...
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14
    hedonist said:

If any of you are in or visit LA, I recommend checking out the Pie Hole near downtown. Both sweet and savory pies, with crust and fillings like nobody's business.

She is 100% right!
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    badbrains said:

hedonist said:

She is 100% right!
    :-h

And steeler...agreed! What about cobbler, too?

What exactly constitutes a pie?

(now I'm reminded of that Seinfeld with Kramer and Poppy going into the "make your own pie" business)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    apple crisp!!! mmmmmmmmmmmm

hell to me pie is a bowl of oatmeal, peanut butter & raisins
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited October 2014
    chadwick said:

apple crisp!!! mmmmmmmmmmmm

hell to me pie is a bowl of oatmeal, peanut butter & raisins

BANG! I love me some apple crisp! Especially during the holidays! Mmmmm, yes Muslims can have apple crisp as long as nobody puts bacon on it. Hmmm, wonder if that actually would work. Sounds pretty sweet and savory. Bacon pieces chopped up and fried then put on top of apple crisp. Kind of like a breadcrumbs for the apple crisp. Ok, somebody make this and let us Muslims and Jews drool over this being fucken tasty. Ben, you like apples? I know you like bacon lol.

Edit-yes i had a smoke in a tree when I thought of this. :-&
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    RKCNDY said:

^^^ that's so funny to see you refer to the pies as 4"...I would assume you would have talked about them in metric terms for some reason. :D

Though, 3 pies times 4" would be 12", so would that essentially equal a 12" pie?

(forgive me for being silly, it's late and I can't sleep, I start thinking weird things)

morello said:

^^^ Ha ha back at you, I 'translated' the measurements!! ;-) I wouldn't usually refer to any pie by size like that, it'd be a big one or a small one, but I just noticed people talking about 10" ones above so was trying to talk the lingo I suppose!! ;-) I had to text my partner though & ask him how many inches he thought the pies we ate were!! & yes, indeed I did eat 12" of pie in 24 hours!! :-O Actually, it's kinda funny though coz we do still refer to some things by 'inches' & I guess if we were to talk about the size of pie it might be by inches.

Mmmmmm, pie!!

Actually, you need to eat 9 - 4 inch diamter pies, to eat the same amount as a 12 inch diameter pie. ;)

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=Pi*(12/2)^2+=+x*pi*(4/2)^2
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7