• SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    Just remember What I Taught You.
    Scott A. Setser
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,461
    Wow. Does someone need a sticker?!?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    edited October 2014
    SS9981 said:

They also limited posters to one per person at the outdoor tent too.

Stickers sold out before the show started. So a 2 sticker limit still resulted in a sellout. Either everyone that went to the show got a sticker (great), or everyone that wanted one had a good chance and the traders and ebayers still ended up with the stickers they needed. The system worked it seems.

Worked out fine for me. All you need are friends willing to help other people out. That's what the whole sticker trading group tried to do for each other. That is, until a bunch of people, half who don't collect or give 2 shits about the stickers in the first place stomped their feet & threw their fits & think they got their way. When you all get done patting yourselves on the back, go over to the 'bay & see how much good you really did. Me, I'm going to be trading & giving away stickers & actually HELPING people who didn't get them. A "community" helps each other, when a certain group starts trying to change or dictate the amount of sticky pieces of paper with wonderful designs on them a person may buy or own, to me maybe that group should try & start being part of the solution, instead of part of the problem. Maybe they can decide what is the proper amount of toilet paper we should use to wipe our asses with? Sorry, I don't have a square to spare! Thank's again guys, you really showed them.
    Got a question for you. With the sticker limit in place in Memphis, do you think more or less stickers went to Ebayers? Right now I see 4 stickers on Ebay for Memphis (granted it is 2 days after the show), but for Cinci two weeks after the show where there was no limit on the stickers there are still 10 stickers up there on the Bay. It seems perhaps more stickers went to fans and traders at the show than to the Ebayers for Memphis.

If you think less stickers going to Ebayers is a problem than I don't know what to tell you. Unless you tell me more Ebayers win with a sticker limit, than it sounds like you just think you know best who deserves stickers and who doesn't. By the way, it wasn't anyone in this thread who put a sticker limit in place, it was band management. Be mad at them.

I could say a whole lot more but I'm trying to be civil as I have been in this entire thread with you and in my replies to your PM's.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Band management just responding to the "loser" element. buutlegger must be the "king of the dipshits" please, say a lot more. We're so blessed by your input.
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

Reading through this thread almost made me desperately want a sticker...almost. That being said I get the collecting aspect, after all I'm sure many of us used to collect baseball/football/hockey cards when we were kids. And dare I mention the Garbage Pail Kids cards, for those of us from that generation.

If someone misses out on a sticker, I will buy my limit (whatever you want it to be) and gladly give it to you. BUT only if you live in the Chicago area, I will NOT mail them out...because I am just as God made me...LAZY.

Enjoy the show(s)!

Fuck
    I would get behind some PJ Garbage Pail Kids stickers
    I would stand in line for that.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924

Band management just responding to the "loser" element. buutlegger must be the "king of the dipshits" please, say a lot more. We're so blessed by your input.

Totally uncalled for. You have every right to disagree but try to keep it classy. We all disagree from time to time but there is a core group of people that consistently make these boards a great place and, to me at least, Bootlegger is one of those people. So debate all you want but let's not sink to the levels of a Creed message board.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• He said Creed! What's up 2legs?!?

Stop the name calling. Just stop.
    edited October 2014

Band management just responding to the "loser" element. buutlegger must be the "king of the dipshits" please, say a lot more. We're so blessed by your input.

Well, if you believe this thread had anything to do with the change in policy, then I think we learned that management is more responsive to reasoned arguments and less responsive to personal attacks as arguments.

No one in your camp was calling me a loser when I was trading stickers with them.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • dfishbergdfishberg Posts: 403
    Let's try to keep it classy -- just because we love to collect stickers doesn't mean we need to resort to 2nd grade name calling :-B It will be interesting to see if there is a limit on stickers in Detroit, and how long it takes for them to sell out. Long story short, let's hope they print more for the next tour -- any extras from a venue could be put to good use by 10C in mystery sticker packets.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited October 2014
    on2legs said:

Totally uncalled for. You have every right to disagree but try to keep it classy. We all disagree from time to time but there is a core group of people that consistently make these boards a great place and, to me at least, Bootlegger is one of those people. So debate all you want but let's not sink to the levels of a Creed message board.
    Is there that much more drama on a Creed message board???
    And here I thought only my 3 and 4 year old kids fought over stickers. Wow!
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Posts: 2,737

I think we can all agree that there should be some type of limit on merchandise at the shows. What that number is, will be impossible to agree on.

Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,881

Whoa. What's this for??? @-)
    Bootlegger10 is good guy.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    edited October 2014

Well, if you believe this thread had anything to do with the change in policy, then I think we learned that management is more responsive to reasoned arguments and less responsive to personal attacks as arguments.

No one in your camp was calling me a loser when I was trading stickers with them.
    The only way this thread had anything to do with a buying limit (which I seriously doubt) is if 10C noticed that people were reporting that folks were buying huge amounts of merch and/or that a lot of people weren't able to buy anything hours before the show. They only do stuff when they actually see a need for doing it - as far as I can tell, their general attitude is that they want as many fans to benefit as possible (and I'm sure don't give a shit about the sticker traders network), and they act accordingly. They don't give a fuck if bootlegger10 or me or anyone else happens to have an opinion. It's just that sometimes members' opinions and 10C's opinion happen to match up.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    ^ This

SS9981 said:

Stickers sold out before the show started. So a 2 sticker limit still resulted in a sellout. Either everyone that went to the show got a sticker (great), or everyone that wanted one had a good chance and the traders and ebayers still ended up with the stickers they needed. The system worked it seems.

Worked out fine for me. All you need are friends willing to help other people out. That's what the whole sticker trading group tried to do for each other. That is, until a bunch of people, half who don't collect or give 2 shits about the stickers in the first place stomped their feet & threw their fits & think they got their way. When you all get done patting yourselves on the back, go over to the 'bay & see how much good you really did. Me, I'm going to be trading & giving away stickers & actually HELPING people who didn't get them. A "community" helps each other, when a certain group starts trying to change or dictate the amount of sticky pieces of paper with wonderful designs on them a person may buy or own, to me maybe that group should try & start being part of the solution, instead of part of the problem. Maybe they can decide what is the proper amount of toilet paper we should use to wipe our asses with? Sorry, I don't have a square to spare! Thank's again guys, you really showed them.
    Got a question for you. With the sticker limit in place in Memphis, do you think more or less stickers went to Ebayers? Right now I see 4 stickers on Ebay for Memphis (granted it is 2 days after the show), but for Cinci two weeks after the show where there was no limit on the stickers there are still 10 stickers up there on the Bay. It seems perhaps more stickers went to fans and traders at the show than to the Ebayers for Memphis.

If you think less stickers going to Ebayers is a problem than I don't know what to tell you. Unless you tell me more Ebayers win with a sticker limit, than it sounds like you just think you know best who deserves stickers and who doesn't. By the way, it wasn't anyone in this thread who put a sticker limit in place, it was band management. Be mad at them.

I could say a whole lot more but I'm trying to be civil as I have been in this entire thread with you and in my replies to your PM's.
    Yes Craig, I will give you that credit, you have been more civil than a lot of these people have.
    But there again you been on both sides of this issue. Last year you may have taken a completely different view on this matter. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, same as I am. But we differ on one main point. While I do question the bands management on the amount of stickers being produced, which I think is in much lower amounts than last years tour, I'm not mad at them. Sure they could produce a higher amount of stickers & between the concerts, website & mystery box giveaways, always show a profit. I does make me question their reasoning on this. There is also a thread trying to get management to produce more stickers & buttons. And yet I see your name on this thread calling & supporting of limits more than the one that would give everyone what they want. Band makes more money, we get more stickers, nobody feeling the need to draw attention to something that to this point hasn't been an issue. Win, win win.
    I'm not mad at the management, but I do question their judgment when it comes to listening to you & people who think like you wanting to set limits rather than produce more product. Seems to me you'd all rather curse the darkness, than light a candle. And just for the record civility is a two way street. I can be civil with you, as I have been here. Hell, I can even be half-way civil with that poor confused soul I spoke to earlier this morning. Poor thing couldn't keep up, so had to give up. But find it interesting that now you want to blame management for setting limits. Don't see anyone from the mods to the top execs making one comment on this thread about the matter. But your fingerprints are all the way through it. And now you want to distant yourself from your part of this great accomplishment? Please, you should all feel good in what you've achieved. Your all's hard work has made it possible for some people to not be able to purchase stickers the way they always have, thus killing their chances of getting complete sets. it usually takes like a condo board of trustees to pull off something that makes everyone say WTF? But you guys worked hard & got the job done. Didn't slow me down or anyone else with half a brain. But just the little bit of extra hassle you guys have managed to put in other peoples days, that should be something your proud of, shouldn't it?
    Scott A. Setser
    PJ_Soul said:

The only way this thread had anything to do with a buying limit (which I seriously doubt) is if 10C noticed that people were reporting that folks were buying huge amounts of merch and/or that a lot of people weren't able to buy anything hours before the show. They only do stuff when they actually see a need for doing it - as far as I can tell, their general attitude is that they want as many fans to benefit as possible (and I'm sure don't give a shit about the sticker traders network), and they act accordingly. They don't give a fuck if bootlegger10 or me or anyone else happens to have an opinion. It's just that sometimes members' opinions and 10C's opinion happen to match up.
    And of course you now distance yourself from any possible blowback. I encourage people to read this thread from start to finish, then you can see all the fingerprints.
    Scott A. Setser
    edited October 2014
    SS9981 said:

PJ_Soul said:

And of course you now distance yourself from any possible blowback. I encourage people to read this thread from start to finish, then you can see all the fingerprints.
    I'm not trying to distance myself from anything, and don't know what blowback you're referring to... do you mean your own annoyance? Because I don't care about that..... But okay. You've caught us. Me and maybe three other people have incredible pull with 10C! I am feeling so powerful!!!

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    scurtis said:

I bet sometimes it's ass smells like cat food too.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    PP193448 said:

scurtis said:

=))

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

SS9981 said:

SS9981 said:

Yes Craig, I will give you that credit, you have been more civil than a lot of these people have.
    But there again you been on both sides of this issue. Last year you may have taken a completely different view on this matter. You are certainly entitled to your opinions, same as I am. But we differ on one main point. While I do question the bands management on the amount of stickers being produced, which I think is in much lower amounts than last years tour, I'm not mad at them. Sure they could produce a higher amount of stickers & between the concerts, website & mystery box giveaways, always show a profit. I does make me question their reasoning on this. There is also a thread trying to get management to produce more stickers & buttons. And yet I see your name on this thread calling & supporting of limits more than the one that would give everyone what they want. Band makes more money, we get more stickers, nobody feeling the need to draw attention to something that to this point hasn't been an issue. Win, win win.
    I'm not mad at the management, but I do question their judgment when it comes to listening to you & people who think like you wanting to set limits rather than produce more product. Seems to me you'd all rather curse the darkness, than light a candle. And just for the record civility is a two way street. I can be civil with you, as I have been here. Hell, I can even be half-way civil with that poor confused soul I spoke to earlier this morning. Poor thing couldn't keep up, so had to give up. But find it interesting that now you want to blame management for setting limits. Don't see anyone from the mods to the top execs making one comment on this thread about the matter. But your fingerprints are all the way through it. And now you want to distant yourself from your part of this great accomplishment? Please, you should all feel good in what you've achieved. Your all's hard work has made it possible for some people to not be able to purchase stickers the way they always have, thus killing their chances of getting complete sets. it usually takes like a condo board of trustees to pull off something that makes everyone say WTF? But you guys worked hard & got the job done. Didn't slow me down or anyone else with half a brain. But just the little bit of extra hassle you guys have managed to put in other peoples days, that should be something your proud of, shouldn't it?
    I did support limits. I said in an earlier post that traders would still get their stickers and at the same time allow more people who just want one a chance to get it. Based on your comment I was right as you said you got the stickers you needed. I am not distancing myself from any decision. I voiced my opinion and who knows what role it played. If I did have a vote it would have been to set a limit and I will take whatever blowback there is.
  • Can you say "Closed for Review?"
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!

He said Creed! What's up 2legs?!?

Stop the name calling. Just stop.

What's up!
    Can I at least call you King of All PJ Backstage Passes?
    :D
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

PP193448 said:

scurtis said:

haha. It might, if I had a cat.

It's kind of a little inside joke with my brother and I, when things get emotionally charged one of us will say "my cat's breath smells like cat food" cause it's so dumb and has nothing to do with the issue we all end up laughing.

It's actually a Ralph Wiggum quote from the Simpsons.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Hey guys let's cool it down before the thread gets locked.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759

Can you say "Closed for Review?"

no no no!!! don't!!!

this is the most amusement I've had on the board in quite some time... :))

I've never known anyone to be quite so passionate about..... STICKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    scurtis said:

It's actually a Ralph Wiggum quote from the Simpsons.

I don't think there was a soul born between the years of 1975 and 1994 that needs that line explained... lol...

Hi SuperNintendo Chalmers!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • jmsjms Posts: 243
    I at least saw some people with stickers in Memphis. I didn't even see one in Cincinnati. So it probably got more stickers to more people.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    PP193448 said:

scurtis said:

lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Ralph Wiggum