Options

2014 US Tour Merch thread

Comments

• Options
    Hunger StrikeHunger Strike Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 229
    Wondering if there is a line or anything at the pop up in Austin, I'm going to try and head over there soon. Anyone?
  • Options
    jjtormeyjjtormey Chicago Posts: 478
    Look at it this way...there are 12 shows...12 stickers...I plan on buying 12 and hopefully trading for the other 11...its fun. No big deal if I cant get one...like Gydnia. Its fun to connect with PJ fans around the world and trade stickers. I'm not going to flip any on ebay. I do wish the 10-club would sell them online, but that would take some of the fun out of the hunt.
    Jim
    '94 - Miami;  '95 - Chicago;  '06 - Chicago x 2;  '08 - Washington, DC;   '09 - Berlin; Philly #1;   '10 - Noblesville, IN; Bristol, VA;   '11 - PJ20 x 2; Costa Rica;   '12 - Missoula;   '13 - Wrigley, Baltimore, Seattle;   '14 - Stockholm, St Louis;  '16 - Wrigley x 2; Fenway;  '18 - Wrigley x 2;  
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    jjtormey said:

Look at it this way...there are 12 shows...12 stickers...I plan on buying 12 and hopefully trading for the other 11...its fun. No big deal if I cant get one...like Gydnia. Its fun to connect with PJ fans around the world and trade stickers. I'm not going to flip any on ebay. I do wish the 10-club would sell them online, but that would take some of the fun out of the hunt.
    Jim

I agree, I've made so many friends from trading and I love reading peoples stories about the shows they have been too, we can't go to all the shows the sticker collecting is like being a part of the show even if we can't make it to the show for whatever reason, distance, work or associated costs etc
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575

Wondering if there is a line or anything at the pop up in Austin, I'm going to try and head over there soon. Anyone?

The line was short at 3:40
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    so cincy soldout of stickers , buttons and posters on day of show
    so pop up shop started selling today in Austin and I wont get there until sun.
    so I can just enjoy the show then and save money
  • Options
    Can someone post pics of the men's shirts and other items that are for sale at the Merch booths???????
    Thanks!
  • Options

The stickers are great for trading with other fans. I bought 10 at Wrigley and used some to get other stuff I'd wanted forever (the EV target logo from 09 etc). It just seems that more people have figured this out, in addition to the usual ebay sellers, but I honestly think people are buying stacks of stickers to trade to collect all the stickers from the whole tour after seeing the sticker craze of last year and Europe go nuts. Nothing wrong with that, it's just too bad they sold out so quickly. PJ will realize this and print more at the later shows... if they can make more money off $2 stickers, they will. Watch.

Strange you were able to get ten stickers at Wrigley. Meanwhile I was only able to get two. I was held to a limit. So apparently that bring up another issue some enforce limits others don't.
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382

Well said. I am in the same boat. I have heard the pop up shop sold weekend 2 items too. I am going to both weekends...I guess saving money it will be.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    moses562 said:

Well said. I am in the same boat. I have heard the pop up shop sold weekend 2 items too. I am going to both weekends...I guess saving money it will be.
    While I like the attitude, the fact that PJ does this doesn't make any sense; it basically encourages flipping. Same deal as Wrigley. Dumb.

The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    edited October 2014
    ACL Merch Pictures

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Anyone got a photo of the beanie?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,001

Can anyone that went to Cincinnati tell me if the beanie and scarf were there that were in the pics for acl? Any wristbands?

Yes, they were selling the beanie and scarf. My wife got the beanie. Looks better in person. I don't recall seeing the wrist bands.
    Thanks dude.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    jjtormey said:

Jim

Haven't been commenting as much lately, and I know this debate comes up every tour... but... i just gotta say a couple of things...

I don't understand this concept of fun "in the hunt". I don't get any fun out of searching for things I want. If I want something, I just want to be able to buy it... and I certainly don't get any enjoyment out of walking up to a merch booth and not being able to buy a memorabilia item from a show that I went to because people around the world need to "collect the set" or "find it fun to trade".

The bottom line is that this stuff is meant for people to have a keepsake from a show that they went to... at least that's what it means to me and most of the other folks you see in this thread who "just want a shirt or sticker or pin from the show they went to"... you know? All the people out there needing to have stickers or pins or something from every show to "collect the set" or "feel a connection to the show", don't you see that you're potentially keeping someone from having a keepsake from an actual memory they have of the event?

If it wasn't for collectors and people around the world needing to have "everything", we'd never be in this stupid situation, where you need to go to a merch booth at 3 pm in the afternoon.... but at the rate it's growing, it's just going to continue growing out of control...

the real question is: what are you going to do with all this shit when have? I stopped playing the collecting game a couple of years back - now if I know I don't have a use for it, i'm not gonna buy it... Like what are you going to do with a sticker from every show? Most of you are just going to put them in a pile in the closet and let them sit there... forever... or until the next time you need to feed your 6 kids after you lost your job...

i dunno... i'm sure i shouldn't be judging people for what they do with their money... but the fact that I'm going to go just to the show on both Sundays, and probably arrive late in the day, and there's not going to be a sticker/pin/event shirt left in the place is mind boggling to me... just cause someone in timbuktoo needs to have the whole set...

/endrant
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    "It's a mystery to me...
    We have a greed with which we have agreed,
    And you think you have to want more than you need
    Until you have it all you won't be free.
    Society, you're a crazy breed!!!"
    ;)
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    derbydave said:

"It's a mystery to me...
    We have a greed with which we have agreed,
    And you think you have to want more than you need
    Until you have it all you won't be free.
    Society, you're a crazy breed!!!"
    ;)

perfectly said

• Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    shep said:

jjtormey said:

Jim

Haven't been commenting as much lately, and I know this debate comes up every tour... but... i just gotta say a couple of things...

I don't understand this concept of fun "in the hunt". I don't get any fun out of searching for things I want. If I want something, I just want to be able to buy it... and I certainly don't get any enjoyment out of walking up to a merch booth and not being able to buy a memorabilia item from a show that I went to because people around the world need to "collect the set" or "find it fun to trade".

The bottom line is that this stuff is meant for people to have a keepsake from a show that they went to... at least that's what it means to me and most of the other folks you see in this thread who "just want a shirt or sticker or pin from the show they went to"... you know? All the people out there needing to have stickers or pins or something from every show to "collect the set" or "feel a connection to the show", don't you see that you're potentially keeping someone from having a keepsake from an actual memory they have of the event?

If it wasn't for collectors and people around the world needing to have "everything", we'd never be in this stupid situation, where you need to go to a merch booth at 3 pm in the afternoon.... but at the rate it's growing, it's just going to continue growing out of control...

the real question is: what are you going to do with all this shit when have? I stopped playing the collecting game a couple of years back - now if I know I don't have a use for it, i'm not gonna buy it... Like what are you going to do with a sticker from every show? Most of you are just going to put them in a pile in the closet and let them sit there... forever... or until the next time you need to feed your 6 kids after you lost your job...

i dunno... i'm sure i shouldn't be judging people for what they do with their money... but the fact that I'm going to go just to the show on both Sundays, and probably arrive late in the day, and there's not going to be a sticker/pin/event shirt left in the place is mind boggling to me... just cause someone in timbuktoo needs to have the whole set...

/endrant
    This makes sense. Im on the fence here tho.
    I don't have to have everything, or collect whole sets. But If there is a really cool sticker/poster/button design that I love, than I'm going to get it. Weather I was at the show or not wont matter.
    But I totally agree with what your saying. If you go to the show, you should have no problem getting what you want.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    shep said:

jjtormey said:

Jim

/endrant
    I'm in the same boat, man. I have an extra of both acl stickers if they're sold out when you get there.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    I find it odd that no pictures of the merch booth have shown up here yet...or did I just miss them?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Flight to Amsterdam and 4 nights hotel = $1,450, Red light, food and weed another $1,000. PJ t-shirts stickers and buttons = $250. TOTAL = $2700
    recouped on merch on ebay after paypal and ebay fees= $800
    total out of pocket for 2 shows and 5 days in lovely amsterdam in the summer $1,900

memories = priceless

dont fault people who hustle a little in order to travel the globe to see PJ and remember
    "god bless a child that can hold his own" Big Daddy Kane "raw"
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

I find it odd that no pictures of the merch booth have shown up here yet...or did I just miss them?

It's only 1030 local time. Merch booth is set to open at 1.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ACL booth had an initial line around the block. I arrived at 430PM and there was 4 people in line.
    They had plenty of stuff. I'd be shocked if they ran out but we will see.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    ldent42 said:

It's only 1030 local time. Merch booth is set to open at 1.
    I mean from cincy.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    edited October 2014
    Weird...

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 282

Weird...

Not my style. Like the idea with having Popeye, but it looks childish to me. So far, the posters have been lackluster.
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    whats the relation of Popeye to St Louis?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    http://markdeanveca.bigcartel.com/

His signed & numbered prints sold @ the store start are $160 a pop. @-)
  • Options
    Yeah I'll pass on that poster.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    a Popeye with Leprosy??...I'll skip this one
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I don't mind it.
  • Options
    im not sure its a connection w St. Louis, but rather the artist, and beloved characters from the past.