How to do that super loud whistle

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    ^^ Wow, nice grammar *wolf whistle for the grammar skills* :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    PJ_Soul said:

^^ Wow, nice grammar *wolf whistle for the grammar skills* :D

I knew you'd appreciate it =;
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Am I supposed to keep my upper and lower lip curled over my teeth or not? The directions say the bottom lip should be, but the drawing shows the lips not curled over the teeth...I have yet to wake everybody up at 2:51 am...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    edited September 2014
    RKCNDY said:

Am I supposed to keep my upper and lower lip curled over my teeth or not? The directions say the bottom lip should be, but the drawing shows the lips not curled over the teeth...I have yet to wake everybody up at 2:51 am...

Yes you are, but not too much. For me it's just barely on the top, a little more on the bottom, but not so much in the middle. This is the part that I think might vary most from person to person. But it's definitely necessary. Otherwise you'll be biting your fingers! So just think of your lips as a way to protect your fingers from your teeth. Anymore curl than the minimum necessary to do that and it's probably touch. :P
    Another tip: the ends of your middle fingers should be touching very close to the tip of the back of your tongue. And the air should be coming out between your bottom lip and your two middle fingers.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • its 2014, cant you just get an app for your phone? ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Now I'm just freaking out my dog...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,484
    when is the seminar?
    www.myspace.com
    RKCNDY said:

Does that mean it's working?
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

Does that mean it's working?
    The closest I've gotten, is making a sound close to when you blow over the opening of a beer bottle...hahaha! I'll keep trying!

when is the seminar?

*runs off to search YouTube*

- Christopher McCandless
    edited September 2014

when is the seminar?

If you show up in Vancouver I will make time for it, lol.
    I now have my black belt in whistling.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on

- Christopher McCandless

- Christopher McCandless
    I totally can't do it with one hand.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    I'll try this later, I always wanted to whistle like that. Make your hands are clean, say do you have to have a long tongue to do this perfectly?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,911
    RKCNDY said:
    that is one manly dude!

"cover your teeth with your lips whilst pushing your tongue back"? this may be impossible for me...
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    g under p said:

I'll try this later, I always wanted to whistle like that. Make your hands are clean, say do you have to have a long tongue to do this perfectly?

Peace

:-?
    I don't think I have a particularly long or short tongue.... I guess you might have a problem if your tongue is so extraordinarily short that you can't even push the tip back onto itself, lol.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,631
    I haven't been able to get it to work but I almost passed out trying which was kind of a cool feeling. :-D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    brett mckay - art of manliness dot com

09 seconds in to the video above on fingers whistling & im questioning mr. mckay's manily dot com crap. i'll have to go visit his dot com manily site.

prediction... i'll either puke or cry
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited September 2014
    i did it

holy shit

first blow... almost
    by the 3rd try which was under 8 seconds from the first, a farely sharp whistle came falling out of my face. neato

thank you, mr. mckay you manily bastard

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,484
    chadwick said:

i did it

holy shit

first blow... almost
    by the 3rd try which was under 8 seconds from the first, a farely sharp whistle came falling out of my face. neato

before or after you puked?
    www.myspace.com
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    I got the tiniest little whistle! It can be done haha. My tongue it too slippery... any suggestions lol lol - more practice I suppose.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Short bursts of air seem better lol. My lips hurt.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.

chadwick said:

i did it

holy shit

first blow... almost

before or after you puked?
    while

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

i did it

holy shit

first blow... almost

not surprised. You should start your own real man dot com.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    If I want to do a loud whistle I take my tumb and pointing finger, put them together like forming the letter o, put them in your mouth pushing the tongue back then whistle *-:)
    Annafalk said:

If I want to do a loud whistle I take my tumb and pointing finger, put them together like forming the letter o, put them in your mouth pushing the tongue back then whistle *-:)

Have tried and tried that, but it doesn't work. :(
    Maybe you need to use your stomach muscles more, the air must be really hard and fast-pushed-out *lol*
    edited September 2014
    i don't like folding my tongue back with my fingers as i don't know where my fingers have been. leaves a bad taste in me mouth. we'll see what happens after i get some antibacterial hand soap, hot water & a couple raccoons

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited September 2014
    I think it's cool when someone can whistle loud without any fingers in the mouth :)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
    Annafalk said:

I think it's cool when someone can whistle loud without any fingers in the mouth :)

is that when you need to look like an old guy who lost his dentures?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16