Options

Post your bathroom break songs.

Comments

• Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Kricket wrote:
    I have only taken ta bathrm break once that I can remember and it was TO N2...after Ed did Cinamon Girl and went into Betterman I ran at the beginnning of BM and made it back in time to still sing along.

I always think that I'll go during Betterman but then I can't help myself...and I can't leave. Last Kiss I'd go or Evacuation.

Time for... EVACUATION!!

how fitting
    :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i've never left during a PJ show to use the bathroom, i always make sure to go before so i don't budge. i suppose if i had to though, it'd be betterman or last kiss....but even then i'd be too scared to leave in case i'd miss something!
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    17 shows, and I haven't left yet. They don't play "Thin Air" often enough to count on it as a piss break song, but that would be my first choice. "Evacuation" would be another good one.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    I've been to 7 shows and haven't missed a single song yet. I don't care how many times I've heard any one song, every time is special.
    9/29/96 Randalls Island, NYC ****
    9/10/98 Madison Square Garden, NYC
    9/01/00 Camden, NJ
    7/06/03 Camden, NJ
    7/08/03 Madison Square Garden, NYC ****
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ
    6/03/06 East Rutherford, NJ
  • Options
    i go during the opening band. i usually do a good job of dehydrating myself during the day so i don't have to leave during pj's performance.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I usually hold it until shows end.

but I noticed last night at Camden 1 ( Philly ),
    Droves of people were leaving during " Marker In The Sand " .
    My girlfriend and I looked at each other, and couldnt believe it .
    "why?" :confused:

thats one of the best new songs !

oh well.

enjoy !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    I usually hold it until shows end.

but I noticed last night at Camden 1 ( Philly ),
    Droves of people were leaving during " Marker In The Sand " .
    My girlfriend and I looked at each other, and couldnt believe it .
    "why?" :confused:

thats one of the best new songs !

oh well.

enjoy !

Marker is one of my top 3 fave from the new album(Severd hand&Comatose being the others), but when I first heard it live I realy fell in luv with it...such a great song..not a bathrm break song that's forsure!!!
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205
    :P My bathroom break is usally before the opener or during the set change after the opener... last night I had to go realll bad during MMJ, sorry!! I thought they were pretty rockin too... cheers to the guy and two girls going nuts during MMJ on Mike's side in the 100s :)

But yeah, I've never left during a PJ set, fuck that, I can pee afterwards!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Used to be I am Mine or Even Flow

Now, Unemployable
  • Options
    TorontoPJFanTorontoPJFan Posts: 133
    Last Kiss, if I really needed to.
    How could she say to me, "love will find a way?"

Toronto Molson Amphitheatre 06.28.2003
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.09.2006
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.10.2006
  • Options
    Paul68Paul68 Posts: 13
    Just curious why everyone saying last kiss? Cause you don't liek the song or cause it's boring live? I love it, and would love to see it live.
  • Options
    Crazy Mary

i've heard more than enough crazy marys to last a lifetime...
    unfortunately, ed was joking in philly when he said, "we're never playing that song again!"

peace.
    LP
    "Find myself singing the same songs every day....
    ones that make me feel good when things behind the smile ain't ok...." -Hoon
  • Options
    i like to take a leak during Release.
    96 Hartford
    98 NJ, Hartford, NY 2
    00 Boston 1-2, Jones Beach 1-2-3
    03 B'ham, Philly, Uniondale, Boston 2, NY 1-2, Hershey
    04 Boston 2, Kissimmee
    05 Borgata 2, Philly
    06 SNL, Ed Sullivan, Hartford, NJ 2
    10 MSG 1-2
    11 Beacon 1-2 (Ed)
    12 Amsterdam 1-2, Berlin 1-2, Copenhagen
    12 Amsterdam 2 (Ed)
    14 Amsterdam 1,2 Vienna, Berlin
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Only had to go during one show. I waited for a song I could miss... Even Flow. I came back during the middle of Help, Help - so I still didn't miss much :D
  • Options
    jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    15 Shows and NEVER left for a bathroom/beer/anything break. Could not/ Would not bring myself to leave....I love this band too much!!!
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    27 shows, and no bathroom breaks. I was very thirsty last night and decided to make a run for water if they played Betterman. They didn't, so I remained thirsty.

This is my 300th post.
    tacos
  • Options
    amiami Posts: 4
    Daughter
    Betterman
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I have only been to 2 shows so I'm not sick of any songs.. I can hold it in for 2 hours or so easily..
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    i drink my ass off for pearl jam shows, fuckin rock n roll & EVEN FLOW is the ideal piss break song, its like 7 minutes & they play it every show, seen em 18 times , & ya aint missing nothing w even flow, plus its usually in middle of the set.

GTF , SOLAT no way id go during them.

last kiss is another but its usually an encore & i dont like to miss those
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    pjfanmanpjfanman Posts: 84
    Six of us went to the Toronto 2 concert. It was awesome, until my buddy decided to take a piss in the aisle. It streamed down onto the next row. The guys in front of us took exception to it and 3 of them beat the piss out of him before we could break the fight up. Anyways, he deserved the shit kicking (he knows it as well) and we end up missing the last few songs because of it. My apologies goes out to the people he ruined the concert for.

Moral of the story, if you have to take a piss, make sure its done in the washroom.
  • Options
    frank_blackfrank_black Posts: 156
    only happened twice that i had to go for a bathroom break....encore break 1 thankfully :)
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    only once, in 21 shows - raced out after ed was done singing during crazy mary.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    Not a single one for Camden I or II. Just sucked it up and pressed on, would not miss a single second for even a beer or bathroom break!
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    pjsteadipjsteadi Posts: 27
    usually never. latley, even flow
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Parachutes, if I got back for the last 3 verses.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    exolsticeexolstice Posts: 85
    I suppose if I really couldn't hold it in, I'd go during Daughter.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Buru wrote:
    Smartest words I've read so far... :D

I would never have to pee during a show, I just hold it in!
    For the Buenos Aires 1 show last time I went to the bathroom was 11:30 am, got in the Ten Club line, at 2 pm I wanted to go to the bathroom, but could not leave the line by that time. Entered the venue at around 3-4pm, went straight to the front row, otherwise I'd lose my spot. Stood in the sun and front row for hours on end, wanting to pee real bad. Till the show started, and I just forgot about that or maybe became dehydrated and lost the urge, dunno lol. I drank loads of water during the show, I was so dehydrated. Went to the bathroom when the show ended, must have been around midnight.
    That was my Astoria pee experience too :)

When they started playing and everyone was jumping around I didn't NEED to go but I kinda thought 'uh oh, I hope I last' but soon after it was the last thing on my mind. When it ended I was even standing around for ages and think I got a drink in and all before I remembered it might be a good time to go :D . I drank fuck all though - a couple of cans, a pint, a couple of sambucas and a few swigs of wine but loadsa water during the concert. I wouldn't go though - if it came to it, I would choose the total embarrassment over missing even a SECOND.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    i've never left during a PJ show to use the bathroom, i always make sure to go before so i don't budge. i suppose if i had to though, it'd be betterman or last kiss....but even then i'd be too scared to leave in case i'd miss something!
    this is why me and you relate.
    :D
    see u at the gorge chica!
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    i dont have a piss break song. i went during the encore break
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    Alive, Black, Porch, Crazy Mary, Rearviewmirror....basically anything with a long jam.