Options

Post your bathroom break songs.

StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
If you really gotta go, what songs can you sacrifice?

For me, the big three are;

Corduroy
GTF
and fucking Betterman

Wishlist is up there, too.

Not that I don't like these songs, its just that they've been played at most of the shows I've been to. I could stand to hear less of them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    in 5 shows, I luckily have never gone to the bathroom during one :D if it was an absolute emergency I would sprint during an encore break
  • Options
    I've never moved from my seat in 11 shows and only sit during encore breaks. :p I'm too worried about missing anything.

I get annoyed when people keep crossing in front of me during the show. For instance, the girl next to me left during Leash. WTF?
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    I get annoyed when people keep crossing in front of me during the show. For instance, the girl next to me left during Leash. WTF?

:eek: :eek: she better have an extremely good medical excuse to explain that one!!
  • Options
    I've never moved from my seat in 11 shows and only sit during encore breaks. :p I'm too worried about missing anything.

lolz, I'm pretty sure she had no idea what the fuck Leash is.
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Leash ;)
  • Options
    I couldn't believe it....I'm pretty sure it was just a potty break too.

The only way I would've moved would be in a stretcher.
  • Options
    CanvasAdamCanvasAdam Posts: 134
    19 shows here, and my 20th in DC on tuesday... and i have never left once for the bathroom lol.
    1998... 9/3
    2000... 8/7, 8/15, 11/5, 11/6
    2001... 10/20, 10/21, 10/22
    2002... 12/8, 12/9
    2003... 4/9, 4/18, 4/19, 7/8, 7/9
    2004... 10/6, 10/8
    2006... 5/16, 5/17, 5/30
    2008... EV Solo 4/12, 4/13, 4/16
    2008... PJ 6/14, 7/12
    2008... Stone Solo 10/11
  • Options
    CanvasAdam wrote:
    19 shows here, and my 20th in DC on tuesday... and i have never left once for the bathroom lol.

Yeah well some of us don't have excretory systems like we used to. College pretty much destroyed mine.
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    When I drink...I piss...

I do not have a song I wait for, but this year in GR I had to break during the opening song ELDERLY WOMAN, then unfortunately LBC, and the long break during RVM.

Detroit...Again, got caught during the opening song LONG ROAD, next....Who cares, do not feel like finishing post
  • Options
    Stryker420 wrote:

Corduroy
    GTF
    and fucking Betterman

quote]

I don't care to ever hear Betterman again, but that is the ONLY one I would miss for a piss break. Maybe Last Kiss, too.
  • Options
    well I make sure I never have to leave for a bathroom break...but if I must...

Even Flow, Jeremy, Unemployable, Insignificance, Last Kiss.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Elderly Woman.
    I don't feel I miss that much when I go during this song.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Jeremy at Chicago 1 and Betterman at Chicago 2 were my choices to let the juice out.. :cool:
  • Options
    Pearls&StonesPearls&Stones Posts: 585
    I've gone during"Even Flow" once or twice because it is one of the few Pearl Jam songs that I feel the studio version is much better. They play it too damn fast live.

And, you'll all hate me for this, but I'll almost force myself to go if they play "State of Love and Trust." I don't get why everyone loves it so much.

Also "Bored to Tears." I mean "Driven to Tears"
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    Elderly Woman
    beginning of Evenflow (as long as I'm back for Mikey's solo)
    Last Kiss
    Betterman (after the singalong, cause I like to hear the crowd)
    Daughter
    Black

and in Hartford, I thought I was going to piss my pants and had to leave during Marker in the Sand....I wasn't going to make it to a piss break song.

Never again though...always go before the show and hold it till one of the above songs....and NEVER go on an Encore Break...I hit NO lines when I go during songs.
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    16 shows and not once have I ever had to take a piss during any song but I guess if I really really had to it would prolly be during last kiss or betterman. But I'd still rather take care of my business before or after the show.....i wouldnt wanna miss anythin.
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    either 'even flow' or 'empty beer cup'
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    BATHROOM BREAKS ARE AGAINST THE RULES! the rules my brother and I have for shows that is. we drink NO beer the day of the show, and pee at exactly 8:30. Once, when I was at a show in san francisco, I had gotten pretty dehydrated in the 10c line and had a few too many lemonades at dinner. I had to pee during the show. I went during Daughter. It was a sad moment.
  • Options
    Paul68Paul68 Posts: 13
    During the opening band because A) Never like them, so nothing to miss B) There are no lines because not a lot of people are there before PJ takes the stage. c) Don't wanna miss anything good that might happen during a song.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    Stryker420 wrote:

Corduroy
    GTF
    and fucking Betterman

Wishlist is up there, too.

Not that I don't like these songs, its just that they've been played at most of the shows I've been to. I could stand to hear less of them.
    1st show of the tour for me, and i headed for the can when comeback came on....fuckin awful.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    I try not to go durning the show but if i had to the one song would be NAIS.
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    I would have to say

Even Flow
    Last Kiss
    Wishlist

If I had to go those would be the ones I would use....however Hartford I had to pee so bad but I just couldn't do it. The boys were just too incredible I could not leave. Same with Boston. I certainly had opportunities to go in all 3 shows. But there I was the end of the 2nd encore (both nights!) and I thought my teeth were floating!!!! Man something about being in Boston and just way too many Irish Pubs to hit before and after the show!!!!!!!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    I only had to leave once.. and I missed I got shit.. and the start of even flow, thankfully I was back for mike's solo. SO NEVER AGAIN!!!
    boston: 7/91, 8/92, 4/94, 9/98(x2), 8/00(x2), 7/03(x3), 9/04(x2), 5/06(x2).
    augusta: 9/96
    montreal: 9/05
    hartford: 5/06
    St. Paul: 6/06
    las vegas: 7/06
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    Last Kiss
    Wishlist

But I'd be too worried that I'd miss something, I doubt id leave to go.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    Last night was the first time I have ever left during a show and I did during comeback.
  • Options
    eddies grrleddies grrl Posts: 509
    i peed before the show, and i peed immediately after. but DURING the show??? are you INSANE?? :D
    just gotta HOLD it. I can. :) i guess those kegels are good for TWO reasons. ;)
    Life is the riddle
    Of which we're caught in the middle.
    A couple of lucky ones
    Tangled up in too much love
    ~cowboy junkies
  • Options
    oyster jellyoyster jelly Posts: 107
    Had to go in Buffalo in '03 and went during....Go. The pisser was twenty feet from me and no lines, was in and out in 2 minutes and heard the whole song anyway, so no harm done.
    " A toast to Buffalo...who new it could be so beautiful..." EV 5/2/03

" This one's for the home team...."
    Eddie before they broke out Rats 5/12/06

Buffalo 5/2/03
    Albany 5/12/06
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    i peed before the show, and i peed immediately after. but DURING the show??? are you INSANE?? :D
    just gotta HOLD it.

Smartest words I've read so far... :D

I would never have to pee during a show, I just hold it in!
    For the Buenos Aires 1 show last time I went to the bathroom was 11:30 am, got in the Ten Club line, at 2 pm I wanted to go to the bathroom, but could not leave the line by that time. Entered the venue at around 3-4pm, went straight to the front row, otherwise I'd lose my spot. Stood in the sun and front row for hours on end, wanting to pee real bad. Till the show started, and I just forgot about that or maybe became dehydrated and lost the urge, dunno lol. I drank loads of water during the show, I was so dehydrated. Went to the bathroom when the show ended, must have been around midnight.
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    I have only taken ta bathrm break once that I can remember and it was TO N2...after Ed did Cinamon Girl and went into Betterman I ran at the beginnning of BM and made it back in time to still sing along.

I always think that I'll go during Betterman but then I can't help myself...and I can't leave. Last Kiss I'd go or Evacuation.
  • Options
    sixpixeesixpixee Posts: 37
    just gotta HOLD it. I can. :) i guess those kegels are good for TWO reasons. ;)

THREE! Don't forget giving birth! ;)
    9.21.96 Toronto*8.22.98 Barrie*9.15.98 Mansfield*9.16.98 Mansfield*8.27.00 Saratoga Springs*8.29.00 Mansfield*8.30.00 Mansfield*9.2.00 Camden NJ*9.4.00 Columbia MD*7.2.03 Mansfield*9.28.04 Boston*5.24.06 Boston*5.25.06 Boston*6.28.08 Mansfield*6.30.08 Mansfield*8.2.08 EV Boston