iPhone 6

2»

Comments

• I just upgraded to the five after having my previous one for three years, so at that rate they'll be up to Iphone 15 by the time I'd want a new one.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    TripleB said:

Hobbes said:

Yeah, nothing ground breaking from Apple this time round. It will be quite an improvement for me jumping from the 4s to a 6, but in terms of what is currently out there, they're a little behind in the game. I guess the biggest surprise was U2 releasing their album for free to all iTunes customers.

I'll be jumping from my old, barley on life support 4s to the 6 plus (128gb). With the NEXT plan I'm on, the phone will only be $60 out the door.
    $60!!! :-O How'd you swing that?
  • It was $85.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,484
    TripleB said:

It was $85.

i think you end up paying more over the next 2 years paying monthly than if you just paid for the phone upfront
    www.myspace.com
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The first person in Perth to buy an iPhone 6 immediately dropped it on the sidewalk concrete on live TV. Doh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lhXOgJ8ahA
    Jason P said:

The first person in Perth to buy an iPhone 6 immediately dropped it on the sidewalk concrete on live TV. Doh!

:)) or :((

Alright, who got one?
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,098
    g under p said:

I've had iPhones for the last 8 years or so and I'm totally done with them. I'm choosing the new Samsung Galaxy S whatever that comes out next month. Every cell phone tech (4) I spoke to says the SGS5 is a far better phone overall than the iPhone including Consumer Reports.

Peace

Interesting! Curious to hear why you're making the switch. Don't forget the cell phone techs typically generate more profit off of other manufacturers - Apple is known to play hard-ball when it comes to the cost they give their phones to carriers for; this leads to a bit of a conflict of interest.

And as Idris said, "better" means something different to everyone, but Apple has proven to me time and time again that even in spite of inferior tech specs, they are able to make the most of the technology they use in ways that far surpass their competitors most of the time.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    mine came in the mail

cant wait to get home and fuck around with it
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    g under p said:

I've had iPhones for the last 8 years or so and I'm totally done with them. I'm choosing the new Samsung Galaxy S whatever that comes out next month. Every cell phone tech (4) I spoke to says the SGS5 is a far better phone overall than the iPhone including Consumer Reports.

Peace

not that i ever had an iphone just a mid-level LG but didn't want to wait til next month for the newest samsung galaxyS whatever. i just picked up a new SGS5 active last night and i love it...it's fun figuring out the tricks it can do :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,773
    Hobbes said:

Jason P said:

:)) or :((

Alright, who got one?
    i heard about that :)) Couldn't tell if it was cracked or not, i thought he said it's good.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    I held that new larger iPhone tday, gotta say, felt pretty nice in the hand, Not clunky/hard to hold like many other large mobile phones.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I was due for an upgrade and got the 6 ... perfect size, I think Apple is spot on with this ... not sure about the 6+, seems way to big but some people do want a phablet. I do like apple products thought ... I find them aesthetically pleasing, solid well built with the software and hardware engineered to work well together and customer service is usually top notch which is the clincher for me.

Tim Cook unlocks the doors at Apple's Palo Alto store to kick off iPhone 6 sales

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/09/19/tim-cook-unlocks-the-doors-at-apples-palo-alto-store-to-kick-off-iphone-6-sales
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    edited September 2014
    lukin2006 said:

I do like apple products thought ... I find them aesthetically pleasing, solid well built with the software and hardware engineered to work well together and customer service is usually top notch which is the clincher for me.

Have you ever opened an i phone up? They really are well made!

Apple laptops/notebooks are my favorite apple product(s).

On an interesting note, apple would (probably) not be where they are now (extremely popular) without that great earlier marketing for iPod/iphone they initially put out. (They are not really popular because of the great quality of said products)
    Post edited by Idris on
    Idris said:

lukin2006 said:

I do like apple products thought ... I find them aesthetically pleasing, solid well built with the software and hardware engineered to work well together and customer service is usually top notch which is the clincher for me.

On an interesting note, apple would (probably) not be where they are now (extremely popular) without that great earlier marketing for iPod/iphone they initially put out. (They are not really popular because of the great quality of said products)
    I'm seen the videos of people opening up Apple products. Personally I don't think Apple would even be a company anymore if Steve Jobs hadn't come back in '98 or so, the were very close to bankruptcy. I had real reservations about how well they would do when Steve was gone but Tim Cook has definitely been great for the company and Steve recruited him from Compaq ... Apple has got to be the company with the highest brand loyalty or very close to it.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Loving my new 6 64gb....feels great in hand

The speaker seems much better
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Picked up a silver regular sized 64GB on Friday. My last phone was a 4S. I really like the size of this! Nice phone! So, I got a case when I bought the thing. Not sure I like it. My 4S had a small rubbery bumper that was perfect. The 6 case is all plastic and really slippery. Anyone have a good case they'd recommend?
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    mca47 said:

Picked up a silver regular sized 64GB on Friday. My last phone was a 4S. I really like the size of this! Nice phone! So, I got a case when I bought the thing. Not sure I like it. My 4S had a small rubbery bumper that was perfect. The 6 case is all plastic and really slippery. Anyone have a good case they'd recommend?

I've had the same Iphone 5 since 2012 probably because I bought an Otterbox defender case. It's not waterproof like the lifeproof case but has a substantial case (about 3/8" thick) around the perimeter of the phone. I've dropped my phone from the top of an 8' ladder at work onto a concrete floor more than a couple times and the case has taken a beating but the phone is ship shape.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    Just ordered the 6 64gb. Woohoo! Doesn't ship til Oct. 17 though. Should've pre-ordered the damn thing. Oh, well. I can wait a few weeks. If nothing else, ordering through 10 Club has taught me patience with shipping. :))
    Hobbes said:

Just ordered the 6 64gb. Woohoo! Doesn't ship til Oct. 17 though. Should've pre-ordered the damn thing. Oh, well. I can wait a few weeks. If nothing else, ordering through 10 Club has taught me patience with shipping. :))

Well, I guess they're no longer back ordered. Shipped yesterday got it today (Sept. 30)
    Loving it!!! :D
    lukin2006 said:

Idris said:

lukin2006 said:

I'm seen the videos of people opening up Apple products. Personally I don't think Apple would even be a company anymore if Steve Jobs hadn't come back in '98 or so, the were very close to bankruptcy. I had real reservations about how well they would do when Steve was gone but Tim Cook has definitely been great for the company and Steve recruited him from Compaq ... Apple has got to be the company with the highest brand loyalty or very close to it.
    I don't really know too much about Tim Cook, I'm gonna do more research into his history/story.
    -

This reminds me, I still need to check out that Steve Jobs movie,
    Anyone enjoying the slo mo 240fps on the iphone 6...? I've been messing around with it, super fun!
    Idris said:

lukin2006 said:

Idris said:

lukin2006 said:

I don't really know too much about Tim Cook, I'm gonna do more research into his history/story.
    -

Check out his interview with Charlie Rose ... you'll need to search through recent interviews to find it.

Idris said:

Anyone enjoying the slo mo 240fps on the iphone 6...? I've been messing around with it, super fun!

Yes very cool feature. Must say I am most impressed with the battery life.

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Idris said:

Yep, have a vid from last night's softball game on my FB page in slow-mo. Pretty cool!
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,098
    lukin2006 said:

Idris said:

lukin2006 said:

Idris said:

lukin2006 said:

-

Check out his interview with Charlie Rose ... you'll need to search through recent interviews to find it.
    The interview that made me think Tim Cook was more than just COO material - his speech delivered as he received the IQLA (International Quality of Life) Lifetime Achievement Award from Auburn...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNEafGCf-kw

And the Charlie Rose interview, which solidified in my mind the fact that he, at the very least, is only interested in going down paths which benefit the customer (and recognizing that that, in turn, benefits Apple)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-guVDR-XjQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH_WuWbVyeM
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • I hate iPhones.

this