iPhone 6

I CANNOT WAIT!!

Comments

• What does it have improved over 5?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

I'm just gonna leave this here...
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited September 2014
    Can I plug it into almost anything and drag and drop without itunes yet? That is seriously the biggest drawback for me. Had an iphone once for a week. If you could transfer files anywhere without itunes, I would be all aboard.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    The Apple watch seems kinda interesting,

engadget.com/2014/09/09/iwatch-hands-on/
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    been waiting to see what the upgrades are on the iphone 6 (f'n underwhelming btw) before deciding between getting it or a galaxy S5. looks like the samsung galaxy S5 is what i'm gonna go with

http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-iphone-6-vs-galaxy-s5-and-htc-one-m8/
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    prism said:

been waiting to see what the upgrades are on the iphone 6 (f'n underwhelming btw) before deciding between getting it or a galaxy S5. looks like the samsung galaxy S5 is what i'm gonna go with

http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-iphone-6-vs-galaxy-s5-and-htc-one-m8/

Sadly I can't take my Nokia (1020) with me to my new carrier, so I'm in the new phone market, personally, I think the Sony Z3 is just about at the top of the list.
    edited September 2014
    Edit
    Post edited by Idris on
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Yeah, nothing ground breaking from Apple this time round. It will be quite an improvement for me jumping from the 4s to a 6, but in terms of what is currently out there, they're a little behind in the game. I guess the biggest surprise was U2 releasing their album for free to all iTunes customers.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I have no idea what version of the thing I have is!

Really nice to have its functions - it does what I need and thankfully hasn't become an appendage. In fact, it's made things easier in terms of people or conversations I'd rather avoid at the time.

(also, I want to know what Idris posted and deleted :D )
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,770
    hedonist said:

Really nice to have its functions - it does what I need and thankfully hasn't become an appendage. In fact, it's made things easier in terms of people or conversations I'd rather avoid at the time.

probably a double post
    I miss igotid88
  • Not sure what the point of this Apple Watch is. Sounds like it will have a bunch of the same apps that I already have on my phone.
  • I hate iPhones.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Not sure what the point of this Apple Watch is. Sounds like it will have a bunch of the same apps that I already have on my phone.

And I guess you have to have your iphone with you for it to work. Seems like more of an item for tech geeks or for conversation starters. It is counter-intuitive to the fact that the iphone 6 gets bigger and everyone gets excited and then they release a super tiny extension of the iphone 6 and everyone gets excited.
  • Jason P said:

Not sure what the point of this Apple Watch is. Sounds like it will have a bunch of the same apps that I already have on my phone.

And I guess you have to have your iphone with you for it to work. Seems like more of an item for tech geeks or for conversation starters. It is counter-intuitive to the fact that the iphone 6 gets bigger and everyone gets excited and then they release a super tiny extension of the iphone 6 and everyone gets excited.
    Yeah, kinda weird. I'm sure there will be some people who are into it, but I have zero interest in that. On top of all that, it's $350. No thanks.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    My company just gave me an iphone 5s after being subjected to a blackberry for the last several years and it is night and day difference better. Odd getting it a week before the 6 came out, but I'm not sure if I would want anything bigger to stuff into my pocket.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    im going from 4s to the 6 so the 4.7" version is sufficient for me. The 5.5" has better resolution but I think its a lil too big for me

The watch im sure is cool, but unnecessary unless you want to feel like James Bond

igotid88 said:

hedonist said:

probably a double post
    :) ya, nothing exciting.
    Over a 'watch' I rather have like a large curved band with more screen area, like In so many Sci fi movies/shows/cartoons.

Maybe In a few years when curved glass and oled tech is priced lower.

Something...Kinda like this, but smoother. all gesture based, maybe have a small ear piece that we can extract from wrist device for phone calls.

Wrapped around the wrist.

:D
  • Just realized that part of yesterday's annoucement was that they are discontinuing the iPod classic. Such a bummer...loved the 160GB of space on that thing. I may have to buy one now to have as a backup for whenever my current iPod craps out.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The iPhone 6 is more about the size and apple pay ... the rest were minor upgrades. I think what they are doing is just making sure they are covered in every size factor. I think Apple knows they'll keep their customers and don't really worry about losing customer to other companies, but my guess is Apple will gain customers from other companies who like bigger phones.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492

Just realized that part of yesterday's annoucement was that they are discontinuing the iPod classic. Such a bummer...loved the 160GB of space on that thing. I may have to buy one now to have as a backup for whenever my current iPod craps out.

Yes, they silently dropped the product from the online Apple Store. I had been meaning to buy a backup for a year or so but just bought another one off B and H before they sell out the remaining stock. I also still have my 2003 2nd generation click wheel iPod and it's still working.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18

:)) exactly!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    quasi said:

Just realized that part of yesterday's annoucement was that they are discontinuing the iPod classic. Such a bummer...loved the 160GB of space on that thing. I may have to buy one now to have as a backup for whenever my current iPod craps out.

Yes, they silently dropped the product from the online Apple Store. I had been meaning to buy a backup for a year or so but just bought another one off B and H before they sell out the remaining stock. I also still have my 2003 2nd generation click wheel iPod and it's still working.
    They are discontinuing all ipods? Or just the classic?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Hobbes said:

Yeah, nothing ground breaking from Apple this time round. It will be quite an improvement for me jumping from the 4s to a 6, but in terms of what is currently out there, they're a little behind in the game. I guess the biggest surprise was U2 releasing their album for free to all iTunes customers.

I'll be jumping from my old, barley on life support 4s to the 6 plus (128gb). With the NEXT plan I'm on, the phone will only be $60 out the door.
  • FrankieG said:

quasi said:

They are discontinuing all ipods? Or just the classic?

Just the classic. I'm not a fan of the iPod touch or shuffle so I better hope my classic lasts for awhile.
  • quasi said:

I totally missed this as well! Thanks for the tip. I still have one of the first gen iPod videos. It still works great (knocks on wood) but there will come a day when it craps out.
    I use it in conjunction with an Alpine iDA-X100 in my car, with the iPod seamlessly hidden into the armrest. Whenever it decides to stop working, I'm gonna need a backup. And what good is an iPod touch if it's hidden all the time?
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    edited September 2014

You could just as easily caption those pictures as Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3 (my current phone), Galaxy S4, and Galaxy S5.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    I've had iPhones for the last 8 years or so and I'm totally done with them. I'm choosing the new Samsung Galaxy S whatever that comes out next month. Every cell phone tech (4) I spoke to says the SGS5 is a far better phone overall than the iPhone including Consumer Reports.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p said:

I've had iPhones for the last 8 years or so and I'm totally done with them. I'm choosing the new Samsung Galaxy S whatever that comes out next month. Every cell phone tech (4) I spoke to says the SGS5 is a far better phone overall than the iPhone including Consumer Reports.

Peace

'far better', 'better' in what exact sense? Pure 'spec' wise? Overall 'platform stability'?