Options

Did any other Astorians forget to get a friggin t-shirt?!!

First MammalFirst Mammal Posts: 17
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Brilliant night at the astoria. I was a bit shell-shocked I think at seeing Pearl Jam live for the first time and being so close to them too. That's my excuse anyway for not getting a t-shirt. Outside, after the gig, I saw everyone wearing their avocado t-shirt and tried to get back in but alas it wasn't to be!
I'm so gutted now because it was such a memorable gig.
Anyone out there who bought a spare and might consider selling it to me I would be so grateful!!
Astoria 20/4/06
Dublin 23/8/06
Prague 22/9/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RiffJamRiffJam Posts: 143
    I managed to get back in and get one right at the end. The bloke selling them was just closing up - I'm pretty sure I was the last one! Still, there were lots left so I imagine you can still get one from somewhere? Maybe try the venue for information?
    London 28-10-96, London 29-10-96, London 20-04-06, Dublin 23-08-06, Reading 27-08-06, Marseille 09-09-06, Berlin 23-09-06, Athens 30-09-06, Madrid 09-06-07, London18-06-07, Copenhagen 26-06-07, Boston 28-06-08, London 11-08-09, Rotterdam 13-08-09, Manchester 17-08-09, London 18-08-09, Toronto 21-08-09, Philadelphia 30-10-09, Philadelphia 31-10-09, Manchester 20-06-12, Manchester 21-06-12, Stockholm 07-07-12, Leeds 08-07-14, Milton Keynes 11-07-14, Boston 05-08-16, Amsterdam 12-06-18, London 18-06-18, Krakow 03-07-18, London 18-07-18, Copenhagen 05-07-22, London 08-07-22
  • Options
    Man i thought that was some ugly shirt.. i still prefer my ragged off window paine...
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick.
  • Options
    After the carnage of queuing for an hour only to be told to move around the otherside of the building to queue.. i missed out on getting a tshirt.. really gutted as it would have been an awesome memento.. Tried to find someone selling merchandise at the end but to no avail :( Got some rad avocado postcards though!
    Wembley '96 - Wembley '00 - Astoria '06 Antwerp '06 - Wembley '07
    How I choose to feel... Is how I am....
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    I didn't even see the merch stand in my rush to get to the front! :D Never mind, I'm not too upset at not getting a t shirt. I had more money for alcohol :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Well there’s no way I was going to the merch stand once I saw the barrier. Even after the gig, I wasn’t in any hurry and was standing around for what seemed hours (so maybe only about 30 seconds) yapping to people – I don’t think I was fit to move anyway – and THEN I went to the stand and they still had some left.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Well there’s no way I was going to the merch stand once I saw the barrier. Even after the gig, I wasn’t in any hurry and was standing around for what seemed hours (so maybe only about 30 seconds) yapping to people – I don’t think I was fit to move anyway – and THEN I went to the stand and they still had some left.

Just realised you were probably stood right in front of me! Or maybe a little to the side ;)

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Just realised you were probably stood right in front of me! Or maybe a little to the side ;)
    :eek: Were you that Eastern European girl who kept groping me then? :p

I was at the barrier in my green Ireland top kinda between Mike and Jeff, closer to Jeff probably... so was it me? I was talking to psychosmic and blue rain for a minute afterwards.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :eek: Were you that Eastern European girl who kept groping me then? :p

I was at the barrier in my green Ireland top kinda between Mike and Jeff, closer to Jeff probably... so was it me? I was talking to psychosmic and blue rain for a minute afterwards.

haha no that wasn't me. I was stood more of less in front of Mike, second row. I got pushed out a bit by some evil girl and her eviler boyfriend who kept kissing in front of me. Ewww. I hate it when people do that at concerts

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    haha no that wasn't me. I was stood more of less in front of Mike, second row. I got pushed out a bit by some evil girl and her eviler boyfriend who kept kissing in front of me. Ewww. I hate it when people do that at concerts

:eek: Ewwwww... that's not on - did you think that was me? Lol. Was she blonde with an Eastern European accent? That girl drove me mental. Honestly she WAS groping me! She even had her hand down the back of my jeans at one stage :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :eek: Ewwwww... that's not on - did you think that was me? Lol. Was she blonde with an Eastern European accent? That girl drove me mental. Honestly she WAS groping me! She even had her hand down the back of my jeans at one stage :o

I didn't really hear her talk. When she wasn't screaming at Ed (that's understandable ;)) she had her tongue down this guy's throat. I mean come on!!

No I didn't think it was you by the way ;):D

Even if I'd taken a boyfriend to see them, kissing him would be the last thing on my mind ;)

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    I didn't really hear her talk. When she wasn't screaming at Ed (that's understandable ;)) she had her tongue down this guy's throat. I mean come on!!

No I didn't think it was you by the way ;):D

Even if I'd taken a boyfriend to see them, kissing him would be the last thing on my mind ;)

Lol, well this girl was screaming JEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF in my ear the whole time. I just felt like saying 'look he's NOT gonna marry you so shut up'. I couldn't go with a fella cos it just wouldn't work after that.

Ooooohhhh YES, things are getting really bitchy at work with another company :D I love it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Lol, well this girl was screaming JEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF in my ear the whole time. I just felt like saying 'look he's NOT gonna marry you so shut up'. I couldn't go with a fella cos it just wouldn't work after that.

Ooooohhhh YES, things are getting really bitchy at work with another company :D I love it.

Yeah I'm taking my mate to the Barcelona and Marseilles show. He so won't appreciate my screaming or my Stone banner :D

Oooh we like bitchy :D:D

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Yeah I'm taking my mate to the Barcelona and Marseilles show. He so won't appreciate my screaming or my Stone banner :D

Oooh we like bitchy :D:D
    Yes we do cos men being bitchy is soooo funny - bloody amateurs :D

The guy from the other company gave me the letter to give to my boss and he was laughing hysterically. It's telling my boss that the safety officer is not allowed go near, talk to or even look at any of the men working for them and all orders must be relayed through the foreman :D . Oh it's gonna get fun!

Hmm... are you sure it's a good idea taking him? I'm so glad I knew nobody at the Astoria although I wasn't as embarrassing as I thought - no hysterical screaming or working myself into a frenzy.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    RiffJam wrote:
    I managed to get back in and get one right at the end. The bloke selling them was just closing up - I'm pretty sure I was the last one! Still, there were lots left so I imagine you can still get one from somewhere? Maybe try the venue for information?

good idea I'll ring up the Astoria to see if they have any t-shirts floating about.

Did any of you get tickets for the Dublin gig? I thought I didn't because there was a server error but my credit card statement showed a payment for them so it turns out I am going!

If ye are going leave that eastern european chick (and her boyfriend) behind!
    Astoria 20/4/06
    Dublin 23/8/06
    Prague 22/9/06
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    There are a few up on ebay for sale, one person has a buy now option for £100!!!!!!
  • Options
    conguitaconguita Posts: 222
    I didn't even see the merch stand in my rush to get to the front! :D Never mind, I'm not too upset at not getting a t shirt.

i was so happy to get a ticket that i only wanted to get in...lucky i got to the 3rd row... :) couldn't care less about any piece of fabric at that time!! :P although i guess that kind of blue would fit me fine!!!;)
    ..:: I wanna taste everyone I see ::..
  • Options
    just bought an astoria t-shirt on ebay. probably a stupid idea but it has been bugging me since the gig so feck it! My ticket for the gig was way overpriced so i guess paying way over the price for the t-shirt gives a theme to the whole experience - Pearl Jam is going to bankrupt me!!
    Astoria 20/4/06
    Dublin 23/8/06
    Prague 22/9/06
  • Options
    conguita wrote:
    i was so happy to get a ticket that i only wanted to get in...lucky i got to the 3rd row... :) couldn't care less about any piece of fabric at that time!! :P although i guess that kind of blue would fit me fine!!!;)

Yeah fabric wasn't at the forefront of my mind at that precise moment in time! :D
    More important things took priority ;)

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    If ye are going leave that eastern european chick (and her boyfriend) behind!

Lol, well she better not run into me anyway :D so did I meet you there then? I was wearing the Ireland rugby top, got right up to the barrier in front of Mike.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    good idea I'll ring up the Astoria to see if they have any t-shirts floating about.

Let me know if they do!!! Or reserve one for me....
  • Options
    Lol, well she better not run into me anyway :D so did I meet you there then? I was wearing the Ireland rugby top, got right up to the barrier in front of Mike.

Any pics of you anywhere?
  • Options

I don't remember seeing anyone in an Ireland rugby top. *ponders*

Perhaps I was at a differenet gig?!! :eek:

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options

Yeah... Scott Stapp's!
  • Options
    WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    yep i'm another one that didn't get anything when I would of got a t'shirt since it was specific to astoria.

don't usually bother with merch as usually at most gigs its just overpriced general t-shirts so having stood queuing for over an hour I was more bothered about getting in there for it rather than checking t-shirts.
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • Options
    I don't remember seeing anyone in an Ireland rugby top. *ponders*

Lol, nah I actually saw you afterwards. Well your friend was over talking to the lads I was sitting with outside the George. I didn't know you post here though or I would have introduced myself... I think I was still in shock anyway, lol.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Well I can confirm you were both there cos I spoke to both of you ;) unless we just all dreamt it all? :eek:

Oh... and no I didn't forget... I got mine :D:D although no fucker in Leamington seems to realise just how cool it is... :(
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    Well I can confirm you were both there cos I spoke to both of you ;) unless we just all dreamt it all? :eek:

There were so many people... it's all a blur. Except for the show of course - branded in my memory - every detail! BUT still need a boot!
  • Options
    ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
    I'm wearing mine with pride today... if you didn't get one... you are quite lucky, you don't have to put up with constant questions about avocados..
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:

Oh... and no I didn't forget... I got mine :D:D although no fucker in Leamington seems to realise just how cool it is... :(

Lol, maybe we did Dave... maybe we did!!! :o

Nobody in Dublin seems to have a fucking clue either :( . I'm sick of hanging around corners and crowded places waiting for ANYBODY to come up and... well I don't really know what I want from people really! :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I'm sick of hanging around corners and crowded places waiting for ANYBODY to come up and...

What line of business did you say you were in?