Made In America Bootleg?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    Oh how I love when they open with Go
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    That was a show where they clearly set out to “win the crowd” and they brought it.  I’m not a big “play the greatest hits all night” guy but that night they kicked ass doing just that.  
    Would love this show to be released at some point.  
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    This was a great read that stuck with me for ten years. The shirts, the rush to the stage, the late arrivals ignoring everyone but PJ...yep, that is us.

https://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/jay-zs-made-in-america-the-hova-with-the-mostest/

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    This was my first PJ show and it changed my life really.  I very much hope they release this someday.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,851
    Would love an official bootleg release of this.

Maybe the next Vault vinyl will be this show.
    10th anniversary of the show falls on Sept 2nd.
  • Options
    10 years ago today... LFG w/ that bootleg!!!

• Options
    Amen to that!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,861
    A decade ago!?!?!?! Wow

That's the only time I waited in GA for many hours
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    It would be awesome to have a recording of WMA into 99 Problems!
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    It would be awesome to have a recording of WMA into 99 Problems!

i did get them on video but not together. Started to record WMA on my digital camera but my battery was low so i stopped halfway through then got all 99 Problems and the beginning of Rockin' in the Free World

Yeah still waiting for this and the first Wrigley show in '13 :angry:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,160
    Crazy it’s been 10 years, had the rail then did Bruce @ citizens bank GA same weekend… amazing time

to commemorate I will be back in Philly for RHCP show tomorrow night, just realized PJ playing in Ottawa at same time… I don’t think I’ve done another band same night as a PJ show… will be fun to see Setlist when I get to my car in the lot 

this MIA was really fun, remember Run Dmc, Ndamakong Suh walking by us, Jay Z on WMA… scary how 10 years flies, still remember very specific details
  • Options
    WOW!
    10 years ago. That was such a great show. Needs to be unlocked from the vault. 
  • Options
    Definitely a unique event.  Drake had the stage before PJ.  My buddy texted his wife to ask if she knew who Drake was because he and I did not.  Then, Save You, Unemployable and full WMA.  I’m not a setlist expert but did not seem like a “festival” set.  And some light rain to boot, all at the foot of the Rocky steps.  
  • Options
    Was anyone there the night before? 

The crowd during Skrillex was insane. That music doesn’t do much for me, but that crowd was f’ing wild. 
  • Options
    sfabietti said:
    Definitely a unique event.  Drake had the stage before PJ.  My buddy texted his wife to ask if she knew who Drake was because he and I did not.  Then, Save You, Unemployable and full WMA.  I’m not a setlist expert but did not seem like a “festival” set.  And some light rain to boot, all at the foot of the Rocky steps.  
    Drakes set before pj was really funny. I definitely knew who he was, and obviously hated that trash autotune nonsense. 

What was great was, as his set went on, he could feel the animosity growing within the immediate crowd in front of him. All he saw was a bunch of dudes in black t-shirts with their arms crossed.  Towards the end, he had to reassure the crowd saying things like, “hey, dont worry I like pearl jam too. They’ll be on soon.”  

Drake sucks. 

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,202
    sfabietti said:
    Drakes set before pj was really funny. I definitely knew who he was, and obviously hated that trash autotune nonsense. 

What was great was, as his set went on, he could feel the animosity growing within the immediate crowd in front of him. All he saw was a bunch of dudes in black t-shirts with their arms crossed.  Towards the end, he had to reassure the crowd saying things like, “hey, dont worry I like pearl jam too. They’ll be on soon.”  

Drake sucks. 

I remember thinking during his set “people think this guy is a star”.  I list Drake’s set at MIA as the worst live performance I’ve ever seen,  like funny how awful it was 
  • Options
    11 years and counting without a release of this show.  Hoping it surfaces at some point soon. For those in St. Paul hope you have another great show tonight.  
  • Options
    sfabietti said:
    11 years and counting without a release of this show.  Hoping it surfaces at some point soon. For those in St. Paul hope you have another great show tonight.  
    Just realized tonight will be the 3rd time I’ve seen PJ on 9/2 after MIA & Fenway ‘18.