Options

Adam Levine does a great impression of Eddie

2»

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

PJ_Soul said:

It is strange that someone who is supposedly talented and seeming has good taste in music (being a huge pearl jam fan) would elect to churn out such crappy music. Maybe he is just lacking in the creativity arena - that stuff is just the best he can produce despite being generally musically talented. Or maybe he just cares about the paycheck so isn't trying very hard?

I think you nailed it. I believe he is more concerned with being a star and getting that paper. Why else would he do the same tired music and same tired tv show over and over again?
    If say he definitely cares more about being a celebrity than making good art.

It's a shame because he is obviously gifted musically.
  • Options
    The high note was legit...BTW - who cares if someone is not into his music? I thought this was about his impression of Ed?
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,881
    that was fun
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,881
    Adam's song he did with Slash is amazing (for Slash's solo album)
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Thanks for posting the video - made me laugh!
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    I thoroughly enjoyed the impression... Made me think of early Ed.

Maroon 5 is for money
    The Voice is for money
    Ads for adult ADHD are for money
    Ad for proactiv is for money
    Ad with him in some hotel room with a woman sleeping when he leaves is for
    money
    Money is the man's priority, but if he appreciates Ed's art then good on him.
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057

The high note was legit...BTW - who cares if someone is not into his music? I thought this was about his impression of Ed?

It's a logical extension of the conversation, but anyways, I agree, great impersonation.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    PJ_Soul said:

It is strange that someone who is supposedly talented and seemingly has good taste in music (being a huge pearl jam fan) would elect to churn out such crappy music. Maybe he is just lacking in the creativity arena - that stuff is just the best he can produce despite being generally musically talented. Or maybe he just cares about the paycheck so isn't trying very hard?

lets be fair. most people don't listen to "true rock" anymore. pop rock and dance rock are in. if i had Adam's talent, i would probably be writing lame pop songs too