Options

2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    ^I don't buy it. This team is terrible, and any mistake at this point will be magnified.
    Nobody is worth losing your job over.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I'll admit when I was dead wrong. Clausen is playing well. I can't tell if the Bears defense is playing that well (obviously they are) or Detroit is playing that bad.

I should have known Stafford would play horribly because I picked him on fan dual. That's usually been the death wish of a qb so far this year!
  • Options
    The D is playing well.
    Amazing what happens when you establish a running game too huh? I sooo called it. Now Trestmas is gonna say "told ya so". People will buy into his BS, and he'll be back....ugh!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    mca47 wrote: »
    The D is playing well.
    Amazing what happens when you establish a running game too huh? I sooo called it. Now Trestmas is gonna say "told ya so". People will buy into his BS, and he'll be back....ugh!

I still think he gets fired. I can't believe how many drops Alshon has. He's killing them.
  • Options
    The D is playing well.

I still think he gets fired. I can't believe how many drops Alshon has. He's killing them.

Yeah, those drops were a killer for sure!
    The Bears D looked pretty good as did the O line.
    The Lions played sloppy all day. Stafford's 2 picks in the redzone and that muffed punt return. They'll get blown out next week if they do that. Maybe they were in "well, we are in the playoffs" mode.
    It won't happen, but I hope Trestman gets fired tomorrow and they make a push for Harbaugh before he signs with Michigan.
  • Options
    The D is playing well.

Yeah, those drops were a killer for sure!
    The Bears D looked pretty good as did the O line.
    The Lions played sloppy all day. Stafford's 2 picks in the redzone and that muffed punt return. They'll get blown out next week if they do that. Maybe they were in "well, we are in the playoffs" mode.
    It won't happen, but I hope Trestman gets fired tomorrow and they make a push for Harbaugh before he signs with Michigan.

They better be willing to offer him 8.5 million.
  • Options
    Perhaps those drops weren't all just drops?
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    New QB, same result. Lions were basically trying to give that game away with all the mistakes they made. Glad they lost though....don't want Bears management using a meaningless win like this as an excuse to keep Trestman.

I'm really nervous for "Black Monday" as they call it...hope the Bears do the right thing and clean house.
  • Options
    Oh yeah...and that piece of shit Raiola should be suspended at least 2 games. That's some dirty shit....hilarious that he said after the game that it wasn't intentional. What a fucking scumbag....god I hate the Lions.
  • Options
    Oh yeah...and that piece of shit Raiola should be suspended at least 2 games. That's some dirty shit....hilarious that he said after the game that it wasn't intentional. What a fucking scumbag....god I hate the Lions.

Yeah, that entire team is a bunch of scumbags! It was cool to see Clausen jump up after that cheap hit and get in his face!
  • Options
    And now Cutler is back in. What a clown act this team has been this year. Can't wait until next Monday when hopefully they announce Emery, Trestman ,and the whole coaching staff have been fired.
  • Options

100% fact. I used to like suh, but he's one of the dirtiest players in the league. And it appears that he spread his classless ways to the rest of that team.
  • Options
    I'm actually more surprised Trestman didn't say Fales would start.
    Can't wait for this season to be over! Ugh
  • Options
    Thank god it's over!!!!
  • Options
    At least they will get a top 10 draft pick.
  • Options
    Thank god it's over!!!!

Ha. I know! It's almost a relief that the season is finally over. Shocked that they didn't win and fuck up their draft pick.

Looking forward to tomorrow....hopefully they do the right thing and clean house.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    Thank god it's over!!!!

Ha. I know! It's almost a relief that the season is finally over. Shocked that they didn't win and fuck up their draft pick.

Looking forward to tomorrow....hopefully they do the right thing and clean house.

who goes? Cutler? Trestman? Both?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote: »
    Thank god it's over!!!!

I think Trestman is gone for sure. The GM should be gone too since he's responsible for this mess.

Not sure about Cutler. He has been bad this year, but there are a lot more issues with this team than just him. I think it will depend on who is coaching this team next year.
  • Options
    Thank god it's over!!!!

I think Trestman is gone for sure. The GM should be gone too since he's responsible for this mess.

Not sure about Cutler. He has been bad this year, but there are a lot more issues with this team than just him. I think it will depend on who is coaching this team next year.

rightly or wrongly, I always equated cutler with stafford.....and stafford is looking better since they got rid of that dumbfuck Schwartz.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    8:15 cst and emery and trestman are still employed???? Wtf?? X( lol lets see what happens today..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Emery & Trestman both gone...
  • Options
    It'll be interesting to see who they hire as a head coach. I heard on sports center this morning that the bears have never hired a coach with head coaching experience in the NFL. That sound very random and weird. But if sports center says it, it must be true. Bonjor.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Definitely not true since Halas had 4 separate stints as head coach. But I guess he wasn't exactly hired by the team.

Singletary is said to be interested... #-o
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    JTH wrote: »
    Definitely not true since Halas had 4 separate stints as head coach. But I guess he wasn't exactly hired by the team.

Singletary is said to be interested... #-o

I doubt they were counting him....time to look it up.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chicago_Bears_head_coaches

The bears have had 17 coaches in their history. If you don't count halas, I could believe that none of those guys had head coaching experience before they went to the bears. Just think of the last 5: Trestman, Lovie, Wandstead, Jauron, and ditka.

Btw, fuck singletary as the coach. I loved him as a player, but he was horrible in SF.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    The only way I'd want Singletary is if he was a linebacker coach. That's it.
    Glad they axed Trestman, Emery and Kromer.
    Why wasn't Tucker and DiCamillas part of that? Hmmm...
    Harbaugh to Michigan...ugh!
    Now what?
    I really hope they don't hire Shannahan. Yeah, he's got experience but seeing him as a Redskin was a fiasco!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Lane Kiffen perhaps? :D
  • Options
    I really hope they don't hire Shannahan. Yeah, he's got experience but seeing him as a Redskin was a fiasco!

they say he's the only guy to ever get anything out of cutler.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

they say he's the only guy to ever get anything out of cutler.

Well, that's pretty accurate. Pro bowler in Denver under Shannahan. Comes to the Bears under Lovie Smiths "I don't give a shit about offense" offense, then decent results under Trestman's first year until he got injured....then the league and everyone on their couch watching the Bears figured out their crappy and predictable offense.
    Ugh...the Bears are a mess!
    Still, Trestman and that coaching staff was problem #1. Just hope they can bring in an actual NFL coach.
  • Options
    It'll be interesting to see who they hire as a head coach. I heard on sports center this morning that the bears have never hired a coach with head coaching experience in the NFL. That sound very random and weird. But if sports center says it, it must be true. Bonjor.

Oh, it's true. The Bears have been very cheap when it comes to coaches over the years, but it's still a crazy thing to hear.
  • Options
    Happy that they did the right thing in getting rid of Emery and Trestman, but it still bothers me that Ted Phillips will be involved in hiring a GM. Let Phillips run the business side and bring in a football guy to hire a GM and run the football operations. I know they have Ernie Accorsi coming in as a consultant to help out with the search, but Phillips and George McCaskey will make the ultimate decision and I have zero faith that they will hire the right guy. They held Emery and Tresman accountable, so why isn't Phillips held accountable for hiring Emery and Jerry Angelo?