Options

Modest Mouse recent tour? Who's seen them?

13»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    edited October 2015
    RobbyD462 said:

Building something out of nothing or Lonesome Crowded West for me

Same here, but also The Moon & Antarctica, and Good News for People Who Love Bad News, and i am happy to say that i really enjoy Strangers to Ourselves. It's not as good as those others, but still really good. I admit the one album I really don't like is your fave, deadendp. We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank really gets under my skin... to the point where I actually traded the LP in for something else at the record store. It's like my Modest Mouse Backspacer. :lol: But since it's now the only album I am missing (i otherwise completed the collection since then) I regret that a little just because of the completist mindset, lol, but I know I much prefer the records I traded it in for, so I don't mind too much.
    They also have some outstanding EPs. There is not one that I don't like.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

Same here, but also The Moon & Antarctica, and Good News for People Who Love Bad News, and i am happy to say that i really enjoy Strangers to Ourselves. It's not as good as those others, but still really good. I admit the one album I really don't like is your fave, deadendp. We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank really gets under my skin... to the point where I actually traded the LP in for something else at the record store. It's like my Modest Mouse Backspacer. :lol: But since it's now the only album I am missing (i otherwise completed the collection since then) I regret that a little just because of the completist mindset, lol, but I know I much prefer the records I traded it in for, so I don't mind too much.
    It's all good. I do laugh at referring to it as the Backspacer of Modest Mouse! :rofl:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,778
    edited October 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

Me too I love Moon and Antartica who am I kidding I like all their albums lol
    Strangers the least so far though
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12