Canadian Treats You Can't Get in the United States

2»

Comments

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    edited August 2014
    I picked up a box of Smarties yesterday, like this image

Turns out I was wrong, that supermarket I mentioned DOES still sell the international chocolate, they just relocated it someplace odd. They do still sell Kinder products, one was called Bueno and the other one was just called Chocolate Bar but it looked like it had some kind of coconut or vanilla filling. No eggs though :-/

Edit: I forgot Google Images was a thing.

Edit 2: Do you guys get these things in Canadia (sarcasm font)
    Now that I know where they are my teeth are in trouble...
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    I guess, it kinda....can be posted here.

Tim Hortons shares soar on Burger King merger talks

Tim Hortons is in talks with Burger King about a merger that would create one of the world’s largest fast-food chains with 18,000 restaurants worldwide and $22-billion (U.S.) in sales.

Both companies announced late Sunday that they are in discussions to create a new holding company based in Canada, adding that the move would create the third-largest quick-service restaurant provider in the world. The companies said both brands would operate as standalone brands.

theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/burger-
    king-in-talks-to-acquire-tim-hortons-report/article20187310/?cmpid=rss1

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    Idris said:

Tim Hortons is in talks with Burger King about a merger that would create one of the world’s largest fast-food chains with 18,000 restaurants worldwide and $22-billion (U.S.) in sales.

Both companies announced late Sunday that they are in discussions to create a new holding company based in Canada, adding that the move would create the third-largest quick-service restaurant provider in the world. The companies said both brands would operate as standalone brands.

Well that's interesting. I would be ok with that. I hate MacDonalds and would love a Burger King in our town. We currently don't have one and the nearest Burger King is about 1hr 20 mins away. I miss the Whooper =P~
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 said:

Idris said:

Well that's interesting. I would be ok with that. I hate MacDonalds and would love a Burger King in our town. We currently don't have one and the nearest Burger King is about 1hr 20 mins away. I miss the Whooper =P~
    I want Tim Hortons in Florida!!!
    -
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Idris said:

BLACK35 said:

Idris said:

-
    Why? Tim Horton's is horrible. Hoping Burger King makes sweeping changes to their menu and actually makes more of the food edible, and the coffee decent.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Idris said:

BLACK35 said:

Idris said:

-
    Why? Tim Horton's is horrible. Hoping Burger King makes sweeping changes to their menu and actually makes more of the food edible, and the coffee decent.
    I think Burger King should go Organic/Natural, and I like Tim Hortons, sure I only get like 1 Item (Chocolate Glazed TimBits, Yum!)

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,674
    Think Timmy's would be big in Florida with all the snowbirds that go down every year
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Idris said:

PJ_Soul said:

Idris said:

BLACK35 said:

Idris said:

-
    I think Burger King should go Organic/Natural, and I like Tim Hortons, sure I only get like 1 Item (Chocolate Glazed TimBits, Yum!)

Yeah, nothing wrong with their donuts. But that's about all that's edible. Actually, the breakfast sandwiches are fine. Hard to screw that up. The coffee stinks. They don't even have espresso. Just these big machines that powder mix flavored coffee-like drinks come out of when they press a button. So gross.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    ldent42 said:

I picked up a box of Smarties yesterday, like this image

Turns out I was wrong, that supermarket I mentioned DOES still sell the international chocolate, they just relocated it someplace odd. They do still sell Kinder products, one was called Bueno and the other one was just called Chocolate Bar but it looked like it had some kind of coconut or vanilla filling. No eggs though :-/

Edit: I forgot Google Images was a thing.

Edit 2: Do you guys get these things in Canadia (sarcasm font)
    Now that I know where they are my teeth are in trouble...

Those Smarties you have are called Spree here in the Midwest...the smarties we have are the little ones in the clear wrappers that also look like what Canada calls rockets from a few post back.
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    DewieCox said:

Smarties
    Turtles
    Oh Henry
    Dill Pickle chips
    Shreddies cereal

We have all those and have had them as long as I can remember. Maybe some others not here we have too. Shreddies are wheat Chex.

Ya, I've had all of them as well