Options

Benghazi Findings

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    Trump will still say she should be jailed for her crimes specially in regards to this event !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    Why was Trumps name even mentioned in the document? He had nothing to do with Benghazi, shit he had little to do with politics in 2011.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    How many kids could he have paid for college educations for the $7.2 Million and counting for this "NEW" report?

This calculation does not include the costs of: the independent Accountability Review Board; the eight previous reports by seven Congressional committees; the time, money, and resources consumed by federal agencies to comply with Select Committee requests; or the opportunity cost of not spending this money elsewhere, like improving security for our diplomatic officers abroad.

The Select Committee on Benghazi has been investigating for 782 Days
    which is longer than the investigations of Pearl Harbor, the Kennedy assassination, Iran-Contra and Hurricane Katrina.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,880
    catch the perps yet?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

Why was Trumps name even mentioned in the document? He had nothing to do with Benghazi, shit he had little to do with politics in 2011.

He was only mentioned in the Democrats version of the findings that were released yesterday. Your correct, his name shouldn't have came up at all. And I hate him and Hildabeast.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    myoung321 said:

How many kids could he have paid for college educations for the $7.2 Million and counting for this "NEW" report?

This calculation does not include the costs of: the independent Accountability Review Board; the eight previous reports by seven Congressional committees; the time, money, and resources consumed by federal agencies to comply with Select Committee requests; or the opportunity cost of not spending this money elsewhere, like improving security for our diplomatic officers abroad.

The Select Committee on Benghazi has been investigating for 782 Days
    which is longer than the investigations of Pearl Harbor, the Kennedy assassination, Iran-Contra and Hurricane Katrina.

What about that $500 million we lost to Solyndra? It could have paid for a lot, instead of padding peoples pockets. And that's just the only one of many, we the tax payers paid off thanks to the Government's BS.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    edited June 2016
    It is clear, in hindsight, that the facility was not sufficiently protected by the State Department and the Defense Department. But what was the underlying cause? Perhaps if Congress had provided a budget to increase security for all missions around the world, then some of the requests for more security in Libya would have been granted. Certainly the State Department is underbudgeted.

I do not blame Hillary Clinton or Leon Panetta. They were balancing security efforts at embassies and missions around the world. And their staffs were doing their best to provide what they could with the resources they had. The Benghazi Mission was understaffed. We know that now. But, again, Chris knew that. It wasn’t a secret to him. He decided to take the risk to go there. It is not something they did to him. It is something he took on himself.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

It is clear, in hindsight, that the facility was not sufficiently protected by the State Department and the Defense Department. But what was the underlying cause? Perhaps if Congress had provided a budget to increase security for all missions around the world, then some of the requests for more security in Libya would have been granted. Certainly the State Department is underbudgeted.

I do not blame Hillary Clinton or Leon Panetta. They were balancing security efforts at embassies and missions around the world. And their staffs were doing their best to provide what they could with the resources they had. The Benghazi Mission was understaffed. We know that now. But, again, Chris knew that. It wasn’t a secret to him. He decided to take the risk to go there. It is not something they did to him. It is something he took on himself.

And this...

How would Chris have felt about this election?

I know he had a lot of respect for Secretary Clinton. He admired her ability to intensely read the issues and understand the whole picture.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,178

this should be the clincher here. he knew what he was getting in to and he knew that he was putting his life at risk to serve his country. this was not a grand conspiracy, no matter what fox and the republicans will have everyone believe. there were not enough resources available. it was a known fact.

this whole thing was just political theater. it gets 2 thumbs down.

this select committee was the "water world" of select committees.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Yeah he (Stevens) really wanted to help those people. We should really be celebrating (in a sense) that only 4 people died...it could have been much worse if not for the actions of those involved. That the GOP turned it into an attempt to discredit Clinton is really kind of treasonous in my mind.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

Yeah he (Stevens) really wanted to help those people. We should really be celebrating (in a sense) that only 4 people died...it could have been much worse if not for the actions of those involved. That the GOP turned it into an attempt to discredit Clinton is really kind of treasonous in my mind.

they do a lot of things that are treasonous. like the letter to iran written by tom cotton. they all should have been tried for that.

the dems are too forgiving. they should have prosecuted bush and co for war crimes but instead they let them off the hook.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited June 2016
    Would you consider it treasonous to have classified emails on a private server for your convenience even though it's against government policy?? Or maybe it's just OK because it's Hillary, a democrat??
    Both sides are corrupt and treasonous. Throw them all out of the country and start over...
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PP193448 said:

Would you consider it treasonous to have classified emails on a private server for your convenience even though it's against government policy?? Or maybe it's just OK because it's Hillary, a democrat??

I think you need a primer on what constitutes treason, but I'm not going to be the one to give it. Maybe you will Google it, maybe you will just continue to slant things the way you want to see them.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    edited June 2016

they do a lot of things that are treasonous. like the letter to iran written by tom cotton. they all should have been tried for that.

the dems are too forgiving. they should have prosecuted bush and co for war crimes but instead they let them off the hook.
    Add to this the attempted cover-up of the friendly fire kiliing of Pat Tilman. This was a conspiracy that went from his Captain all the way through the pentagon to the white house. And no one was ever charged. Not president cheney, not karl rove, and not don rumsfeld.

Special place in hell reserved for those a-holes
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    rgambs said:

PP193448 said:

I think you need a primer on what constitutes treason, but I'm not going to be the one to give it. Maybe you will Google it, maybe you will just continue to slant things the way you want to see them.
    Oh I'm just being sarcastic at the comment above mine. It's funny how people see things one way or another. I try to look at the big picture. But thanks for commenting. I'll go read about treason on Google. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction because I'm not too smart...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Classifying documents after the fact is an important point. If those emails are a crime, they have to be a crime for anyone, not just one person...but that isn't the reality so it's just not worthy of anymore time. At least, that's how I feel about it. It's a waste of time and money at this point.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/hold-your-benghazm-none-of-those-22-new-emails-were-classified-when-they-were-sent/

Colin Powell and Condolezza Rice emails
    http://www.newsweek.com/2016/02/19/colin-powell-emails-hillary-clinton-424187.html
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Kat said:

Classifying documents after the fact is an important point. If those emails are a crime, they have to be a crime for anyone, not just one person...but that isn't the reality so it's just not worthy of anymore time. At least, that's how I feel about it. It's a waste of time and money at this point.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/hold-your-benghazm-none-of-those-22-new-emails-were-classified-when-they-were-sent/

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/02/19/colin-powell-emails-hillary-clinton-424187.html

it's all smear tactics, the same is being done to trump.
    regardless of what really happened it's already caused damage to her campaign and Trump is in the same boat....it's the new generation of politics' nothing is out of bounds and nothing sacred.
    social media has played a big part in the airing of other's dirty laundry in the interest of politics'

Godfather.
  • Options
    If the Republicans would have found even a single shred of new evidence they would have had fireworks and marching bands out for a press conference.

• Options

Kat said:

Trump does a decent job at smearing himself.

• Options

Kat said:

regardless of what really happened it's already caused damage to her campaign and Trump is in the same boat....it's the new generation of politics' nothing is out of bounds and nothing sacred.
    social media has played a big part in the airing of other's dirty laundry in the interest of politics'

Godfather.
    The difference being that Trump is smearing himself. The GOP is digging up BS to smear Clinton.

Fox News was issuing old emails that were already public 4 years ago as if they were part of the report that was released yesterday.

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
  • Options
    PP193448 said:

Both sides are corrupt and treasonous. Throw them all out of the country and start over...

that is absolutely not treasonous. negiligent maybe, but not treason. if you were to prosecure clinton you would have to prosecute rice and powell as well.

• Options
    myoung321 said:

If the Republicans would have found even a single shred of new evidence they would have had fireworks and marching bands out for a press conference.

you know that is true. limbaugh would have been singing all about it. scarborough would have been celebrating, fox news would have had it on heavy rotation and constant crawl along the bottom of the screen.

gop would have spiked the football for sure.

but they found nothing. no new evidence. cue deflating balloon sound effect...

• Options
    the gop should move on.

they get fixated on something and run it into the ground. this should have been over 5 committees ago, but it wasn't.

it is like geraldo rivera looking inside al capone's vault. sooner or later the "continue on" mentality is an embarrassment.

but then, that party at this point is incapable of embarrassment.

• Options

the gop should move on.

they get fixated on something and run it into the ground. this should have been over 5 committees ago, but it wasn't.

it is like geraldo rivera looking inside al capone's vault. sooner or later the "continue on" mentality is an embarrassment.

Can you "run it into the ground" for us why you think Hillary will be such a great POTUS?
  • Options

the gop should move on.

Can you "run it into the ground" for us why you think Hillary will be such a great POTUS?
    i don't have time to type it all, so i am not going to run anything into the ground..

mainly because she is not a republican.
    that is pretty much it at this point.

she is a progressive, she is pro gay rights, pro women's rights, she is supportive of minority issues, she is not a bible thumper, and she was born to be president.

i am a sanders supporter, but he won't win the nomination, so i have to go for the next best. i am not giving her money, and i won't lift a finger to campaign for her. she is too close to netanyahu for my tastes.

she may not end up as great as obama has, but she will not be near the tragedy that trump would be.

we are moving forward on a semi progressive agenda, and we aren't going to go backwards to where the gop would want to take us.

• Options

the gop should move on.

i am sure you will run it into the ground how terrible she will be, before she even gets sworn in.

• Options

the gop should move on.

i am sure you will run it into the ground how terrible she will be, before she even gets sworn in.
    No not at all.
    Dems run it into the ground how terrible Trump will be.
    Never once stating why and how great Hillary will be.
    So give me some truth and tell us how great she will be.