Options

What show did you get the most trashed for????

Same Old FriendSame Old Friend Hamilton, ON Posts: 76
edited October 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Thought this would be funny to hear everyones story of what show you got most trashed for and any stories that go along with it.

I would have to say mine was Molson Ampitheatre '03 in Toronto....haha
Molson Park '98, Air Canada Centre '00, HSBC'03, Molson Ampitheatre '03, John Labatt Centre '05, Copps Coliseum '05, Air Canada Centre '05, Air Canada Centre '06 (Night 1 & 2), Molson Ampitheatre '09, HSBC'10, MSG'10 (Night 1 & 2), Air Canada Centre '11, Copps Coliseum '11, HSBC '13, Budweisser Garden '13.

EV Solo Tour - Massey Hall '08 (Night 1 & 2)

"No need to be void or save up on life...
You got to spend it all..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    Roger Waters 07
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
  • Options
    4/23/03, Assembly Hall, Champaign, IL...I was so drunk and high, I could barely stand on the little stool so they would wave the metal detector around me haha
    4/23/03 - Champaign, IL
    5/16/06 - Chicago, IL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    5/4/10 - St Louis, MO

...tickle my nausea...
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I drank too much too quickly before the Pittsburgh 2000 concert. Ended up missing the the beginning of the show, including the preset with Trouble and Naked Eye, two songs I'll probably never get a chance to hear again.

I haven't gotten trashed like that for concerts since then. I may party some, but not enough to get so fucked up that I forget or miss part of another show.
  • Options
    I have never smoked or drank before or during a Pearl Jam show. I like to be sober for the shows. When I walk out of a Pearl Jam show I feel like im wasted. Any other show though ill get hammered for.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    there've been a couple of shows where I've had two or three drinks beforehand but that's it... I've never been even tipsy for PJ.

Drunkest I've ever been for any concert is possibly Muse at lollapalooza. All I remember is standing there thinking 'this is absolutely fucking fantastic' but I can't remember anything about the concert. I also vanished for quite a while and god knows where I fucking ended up... actually maybe I didn't see much of this concert at all... who knows? Well somebody out there has the answers surely :confused:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Manchester 2000 for me, we went out about 11.30am and started drinking (me thinking i was the big man and could handle ten hours of boozing beforehand!) got to the gig and had really shit seats about a mile away and up high, started getting a hangover during the gig, needed new glasses anyway at the time and couldnt see anything at all, i remembered about two songs from the night, one was Black and the other.............well actually make that one song :D

And i had waited nine years to see em for the first time, what a regret that was the next day! Ive made up for it in the last 12 months though by going six shows on a euro mission, and been sober enough to remember them, but thank god for boots to jog the memory hey? :cool:
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    The Portland show in 98 was a good one. My friends Dad had a house right by the ball park so we could take the MAX(train) to the show. It was also a friends birthday that day. We had the pre-party at the house with 2 kegs and a few bottles of booze. I remember sitting on the front porch drinking Southern Comfort straight out the bottle. On the way to the show on the train we were passing around a bottle of vodka and the whole train and driver were singing Pearl Jam. I don't remember much of the show, but I do remember it was the first time they had the screen behind them showing the video of Do The Evolution as they played it. I believe this was the first time anyone had seen it.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I only remember jumping in line with a bunch of people and going in the seated area for the show. I made it to the second row and was finally busted during final set because i threw up and a girl next to me.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I think Nijmegen this year - cos I had no money all throughout the tour, and I finally got paid on my way to Amsterdam.

I smoked a loooot with people in the queue, then drank a good bit too in the venue, and it was a fantastic day :) remember rockin out with Binaural and some dude from the States called Angelo, I think...

Most drunk I've ever been for any show was for Slayer in December - that was great fun too :)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    New Order...years ago...OMG...so wasted I could barely even think straight.
    I was convinced Sid Vicious was there....
    And I fell UP the stairs.
    Ah...youth.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    west palm 98 night 2

bad bad the devil was out
  • Options
    East Rutherford 2 '06. My buddy and I polished off a huge bottle of Vodka before and continued drinking beers afterwards. I don't remember anything until Rats. But the rest of the show was amazing. I was pissed I couldn't remember In Hiding, but thank god they played it at the Vic.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    msg1 03-i was going into the city to see a hardcore show with my cousin and some guy on the train was trying to get rid of his tix, didnt really want to go cause the seats sucked.gave it to me for 30 bucks and then i got high with him.i was sitting with the "frat" fans, they kept giving me beer after beer and some really good pot. i was outta it by betterman

:o
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Jennytree wrote:
    I think Nijmegen this year

There were too many legal shits there...still slightly sober there.
    Stoned in Austria 30 seconds to Mars/Linkin Park before PJ!
    Totally (over!!!)stoned in a Simply Red show 2 years ago...:)
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    THE VIC. I had an extra ticket. sold it to fellow badass(face value). he bought a bottle and we got good and drunk for the show. peace
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    some squares here. eddie drinks, i drink, and my girl friend drinks for the shows. i am ready to step it up and and take x for the shows. lighten up people. you most not be able to control your subtance intake. Pearl Jam shows can only get better. peace
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    Mr. Brownstone, a GNR cover band. they have reunited!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    BinGnarly wrote:
    I have never smoked or drank before or during a Pearl Jam show. I like to be sober for the shows. When I walk out of a Pearl Jam show I feel like im wasted. Any other show though ill get hammered for.
    I'd have to agree, I used to be that way... now I prefer jag bombs before the show...
    Camden, don't remember going in and getting a poster, but I managed to keep them safe and in great condition, then sobered up during MMJ... E. Rutherford, last show of the tour, I blacked out before that show, got kicked out, then went back in..
    yikes!
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Jennytree wrote:
    I think Nijmegen this year - cos I had no money all throughout the tour, and I finally got paid on my way to Amsterdam.

I smoked a loooot with people in the queue, then drank a good bit too in the venue, and it was a fantastic day :) remember rockin out with Binaural and some dude from the States called Angelo, I think...

Most drunk I've ever been for any show was for Slayer in December - that was great fun too :)
    Angelo can't hang!
  • Options
    My brother and I got really fucked up driving up to Alpine. I think we finished a regular bottle of Kettel one vodka with some Diet Mountain dew. Than we both split a 6 pack of Miller Lite and two Tall boys. By the time RATM got on we were fucking wasted off our asses. The show was so intense though. We were completely covered with mud and totally sobered up. The 30 foot hill at Alpine when its completely soaked is nuts!
    There is NO time like the present to get ripped apart.

Chicago 95
    Alpine 98
    Indy and Alpine 00
    St. Louis, Champaign, Chicago, Indy 03
    St. Louis 04
    Thuderbay 05
    Chicago 1 and 2, Pitt, Cincy, Las Vegas, Portland, Gorge 1 and 2, Hawaii 06
    Lolla 07
    Hartford, Boston 1 and 2 08
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    pjtaper wrote:
    Angelo can't hang!

What does he do then?! :p
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Smashing Pumpkins......1996 or 97 SIU Carbondale......drop acid, smoked a ton, drank all I could.......BILLY CORGAN WAS SO FUCKIN LAME....The show was the biggest downer ever!!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Rodger3478 wrote:
    My brother and I got really fucked up driving up to Alpine. I think we finished a regular bottle of Kettel one vodka with some Diet Mountain dew. Than we both split a 6 pack of Miller Lite and two Tall boys. By the time RATM got on we were fucking wasted off our asses. The show was so intense though. We were completely covered with mud and totally sobered up. The 30 foot hill at Alpine when its completely soaked is nuts!

drinking and driving nice
  • Options
    edveddedvedd Posts: 152
    copenhagen 2007. me and 2 friends had just gratuated from college the day before and we had to celebrate. so we drank alot of beers, smoked a funny-cigarette before the show, had some beers in the queue. When we went in we had some beers too and during the futureheads show we smoked one more funny-cigarette.
    It was only the next day or something that i reliazed that they actually played i am mine, down and light years after looking at the setlist .. hehe but it was great show and a really nice after-party at the rock!
  • Options
    Never really got pissed for a PJ show, just had a few drinks before to loosen up. But I'll have to say that I actually got rrreally pissed during Pukkelpop Festival '04 on the final day. Don't really remember much about the whole day just that when the Headliner was coming on (The White Stripes) I wasn't able to stand anymore and decided to make my way to the camping site. Actually remember that I was making my way for my tent and heard them playing 'Seven Nations Army' and tried to jump to the rhythm while going forward. Needless to say that as I had problems standing up ... I hit the deck and nodded/passed out for like fifteen minutes on the muddy passage.

Apparently I made my way to the tent after all because I woke up in it. My friend actually told me the next day that from 10 o'clock in the morning until 10 in the evening there was not one single moment when I didn't have one beer in each hand (that means two I guess!) Well whatever I was pissed in a big way!
  • Options
    Mountain View, CA 2003. We started with the hard stuff at 2pm. Stupid, stupid, stupid. At least I remember everything after the "Long Road" opener. Thank god...But as many are saying, I think the best approach to any Pearl Jam show is SOBER unless Eddie gives you one of his bottles of wine. haha =)
    Sacto 7/16/98
    Vegas 10/22/00 (Met Ed!)
    San Diego 10/25/00
    San Bernadino 10/28/00
    Mt. View, CA 10/31/00
    Mt. View, CA 06/01/03
    Vegas 06/03
    LA 07/09/06 (MY BDAY!) & 07/10/06
    SF 07/16/06 & 07/18/06
    The Gorge 07/22/06 & 07/23/06
    Hawaii 12/02/06!!
    Many Bridge School shows
    myspace.com/uclabryan
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Hawkwind, Southampton Guildhall 1973.
  • Options
    OZZFEST when it was good
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Well, never got drunk during a show, but when we went and saw PJ with Tom Petty in Milwaukee, the whole audience was smoking weed...we got pretty high off the second hand smoke...got wicked munchies on the way home.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    cincinnati 06 i had so much trash in my room the maids must have been in there for hours cleaning it.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me