Options

TOOL Army

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    shep said:

That being said, I also have a sneaking suspension when the 5th and final album of the contract comes out, shortly after we'll see the floodgates open. When Adam was describing their their writing process, it became clear that they literally must have thousands of hours of recorded music that is sitting around somewhere partially finished....

The only thing about this is, if they have created a bunch of music during this time, it may still be property of the record label and we still may never hear it.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,071
    badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

My buddy attended a wedding a few months ago. His step daughter married the guy that worked on the matrix CGI team. Low and behold, who's a part of the wedding crew and sitting at his table? Adam. So they talk and my buddy tells me that they're still working on that album, gonna finish it up prob before summer. Then he told me something that was music to my ears. When they tour, he's gonna call his step daughters husband and get me some all access passes for the shows. It's good to have friends who are connected. Hahaha.

Can I be your +1? You know it's always good to travel with a token (and tokin') Canuck :)
    Mite have to have a battle royal with all my buddies asking me to be my +1. Hahaha
    I'll take 'em all out to be your +1 Nart. Bring it!!!

I would seriously love a TOOL tour.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

My buddy attended a wedding a few months ago. His step daughter married the guy that worked on the matrix CGI team. Low and behold, who's a part of the wedding crew and sitting at his table? Adam. So they talk and my buddy tells me that they're still working on that album, gonna finish it up prob before summer. Then he told me something that was music to my ears. When they tour, he's gonna call his step daughters husband and get me some all access passes for the shows. It's good to have friends who are connected. Hahaha.

Can I be your +1? You know it's always good to travel with a token (and tokin') Canuck :)
    Mite have to have a battle royal with all my buddies asking me to be my +1. Hahaha

I mite actually put my money on you.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

Those stereotypes about Jewish athletes and their absence? Well-earned. I've yet to meet tempo_n_groove, but I can comfortably say he or she would win in a fight.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

Those stereotypes about Jewish athletes and their absence? Well-earned. I've yet to meet tempo_n_groove, but I can comfortably say he or she would win in a fight.
    Hahahaha, Chris is just crazy, that's why I'd put my money on him. Don't feel bad Ben, you'd def win in an IQ test no doubt buddy!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

Hahahaha, Chris is just crazy, that's why I'd put my money on him. Don't feel bad Ben, you'd def win in an IQ test no doubt buddy!
    Might I add that any friend of Nart is a friend of mine. :-)
  • Options

badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

Both you and Ben are good dudes. I'd have no prob giving u both my tix to see tool.............I'll just watch from the side of the stage with my all access pass. Haha
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

benjs said:

badbrains said:

Both you and Ben are good dudes. I'd have no prob giving u both my tix to see tool.............I'll just watch from the side of the stage with my all access pass. Haha
    Tool is one of my favorites that I haven't had the chance to see yet. Would love to get the chance to see them!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    tempo_n_groove, it's fucking wild. Such a different show than Pearl Jam - incredibly 'theatrical' in their use of media and lights. It'll blow your mind!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    seykooooahseykooooah Istanbul Posts: 32
    Tool concert was one of my best experience in my life time. Both sound and visual was like a blu-ray movie quality. If you have chance, don't miss it.
    God Pearl Jam on you!

July 2, 2012 Prague.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,538
    My holy grail for live..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    I've seen them 7 times and I cant wait for number 8!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    They've taken a couple hits in the worst concert thread.

I don't see it. They've been awesome the two shows I've seen. If I did have a complaint of any kind, I'd hope for more variety in setlists; however, I understand why there's not given their visuals and the fact that Maynard's voice is betraying him. I'm not sure I'll ever hear The Pot live.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    The crazy thing about their visuals....they don't play to a click trick and all the theatrics are triggered live by their lighting guy. On one hand, it's a bummer that they don't switch their set.ists more, but on the other, totally incredible what they pull off on a nightly basis.

Not sure how anybody could call them a bad live act unless they need big singalongs and the singer filling wine cup and tossing tambourines to their kid.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

The crazy thing about their visuals....they don't play to a click trick and all the theatrics are triggered live by their lighting guy. On one hand, it's a bummer that they don't switch their set.ists more, but on the other, totally incredible what they pull off on a nightly basis.

Not sure how anybody could call them a bad live act unless they need big singalongs and the singer filling wine cup and tossing tambourines to their kid.

Dewie...

You're fired up today! Lol.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. Two different types of concert experiences for sure. It's great being able to enjoy both with more diverse interests.

It's funny... PJ and Tool are two of my elite level bands. DMB are another. DMB are not like Tool in any way outside of both being awesome. When they co-headlined the River's Edge Music Festival... I couldn't have been more thrilled. An odd choice of bands for some- certainly not for me. I get maybe trying to appeal to a wide range of tastes, but for me... the promoter nailed it.
  • Options
    Tool is headlining the monster mash festival in Arizona on Halloween.
  • Options
    WHAT!!!!!!
  • Options
    Tix $99
  • Options

WHAT!!!!!!

Chris! Mite have to sell some sneakers to go to this show.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    Sounds cool,too bad Arizona is so far away
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Let this record happen.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,538
    Sarah said:

Let this record happen.

Before the end of the year maybe??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    Some east coast dates would be nice for once
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    AZ sucks as a PJ fan but we tend to get really good hard rock/metal shows. That Monster Mash show is actually pretty cool other than the prices. 3 days with 2 being the harder rock days. $179 for the 2 hard rock days. Tool, Primus, Linkin Park, Deftones, Rob Zombie and more, The 1st day has Santana as the headliner.

Its an outdoor show so no visuals for the most part for tool. Should be a nice mid 70's day weather wise. I will be there for sure. AZ got a preview of a couple of the new songs last show. I couldn't tell you what they sounded like as they were instrumentals that they went into right off another instrumental. I would assume we will get a preview of more of the songs at Monster Mash. Maynard loves us since he lives here and runs his winery from AZ.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Take my money....here, just take it!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    Instant boner.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    edited July 2016
    while I am hopeful for a new album, the source being a user on Reddit is not the best source. More hopeful they will actually play some shows in the northeast instead of hitting the same cities over and over.
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Those song titles are too weird, for even TOOL.