Options

TOOL Army

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082

I've said it for 15 years, Sober is the best (non pearl jam) song to come out of the 90's.

You ever listen to Aenima? That whole album is better than Sober, IMHO.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413

I've said it for 15 years, Sober is the best (non pearl jam) song to come out of the 90's.

Along with the rest of Undertow. I find Sober bland and formulaic, and even compared to Tool's more conventional songs just isn't all that great.
  • Options
    I'll chime in too.

Each to their own... but Sober ranks around #45-55 for me in the Tool catalogue.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    And by the way... I joined the Tool Army a little while back and I have found that to be a waste of money.
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,933
    edited July 2014
    Sober finished in 4th place in the 2011 Tool Madness bracket. I'll never get over that last second jump shot Sober put up to beat Undertow.

http://toolshed.down.net/news/madness/tool-madness-2011.png
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    That was more exciting to look at than an NCAA bracket! Pushit going out early would have been my bracket buster and how was 10000 Days a 10 seed? A deserving champion in the end with lateralus.

What a great fucking band.
  • Options

Sober finished in 4th place in the 2011 Tool Madness bracket. I'll never get over that last second jump shot Sober put up to beat Undertow.

http://toolshed.down.net/news/madness/tool-madness-2011.png

What a run for Third Eye. A championship appearance as a 10th seed? Wow.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited July 2014

And by the way... I joined the Tool Army a little while back and I have found that to be a waste of money.

Hahahaha me too and I have a super low number! Talk about a boner going to waste!!!! =))

During the 10,000 days tour I picked up a couple of shows from the fan club. When the tour got to holmdel, nj (home show for me) I was psyched. Got to the venue, seats were not what I expected. Around 20 rows back dead center. I know that's not bad but for me, I'd rather see the band on stage then to look at the visuals. Idk, that's just me. But here's the kicker. My gf got 5 row to the left of the stage from the fan club, that she joined 3 months before the tour! I was pissed. The guy next to me had an even lower number then me but said the band considers these seats as prime for visuals and blah blah blah. Whatever, but ya, the fan club is a complete waste. And if you've seen tool enough times, you'd get a kick out of the crew looking for groupies all show long. EVERY SHOW I go to I see the same guy walking around looking for victims, funny shit!
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082

I still haven't received my sweatshirt… It's been 5 months now and 3 emails… Not happy is an understatement.

The site is pretty awful to navigate too. Can't send messages. If somebody has some insight there let me know please. I almost think that TOOL planned it this way and that a "fan" will try harder.

F that. I know all the notes and lyrics but don't have time to unlock the "unconscious"…

On a good note I would LOVE to see them and hear No Quarter, Right in Two and Rosetta Stoned, the latter being one of the best pieces of music I've ever heard. Really listen and you'll get it.
  • Options
    If I had the time, I'd tell of a story where they pre-charged my visa for about 80 signed Opiate reissues.

Trust me when I say that led to some stress.

I love their music though and love their shows. I still love the River's Edge show in St. Paul when the first part of the show was in the last part of daylight- a completely different type of Tool show with no lights or visuals.
  • Options
    llessuRllessuR Posts: 195
    Tool is fantastic, I really enjoy Adam Jones, all of them really. Marc Maron's podcast with Maynard was really enjoyable. My favorite song is Lateralus probably followed by Right In Two. I love the way Maynard introduces theories and philosophies to listeners but leaves it up to them to step through the door.
    http://www.audiohammock.com - Rock, Indie, and Electronic reviews, news, and the AudioHammock podcast.
    Favorite Albums of 2014 Article
    -Gorge 2005
    -Bonnaroo 2008
    -Key Arena 1 & 2 2009
    -Spokane 2013
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998

The drumming halfway through the song Aenema always amps me up. It's like double time
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    BEST DRUMMER ALL TIME DANNY CAREY
  • Options
    badbrains said:

BEST DRUMMER ALL TIME DANNY CAREY

+1...coming from a guy who played percussion in his junior high marching band!
  • Options
    Cool thing I remember reading few years back about George Clinton and his love of tool

http://www.fourtheye.net/2010/02/george-clinton-loves-tool/
  • Options
    From tool band.com:

12 January, 2015 (09:26am)
    AT THE LAKERS GAME LAST NIGHT...

Yes, I know that the puck that DANNY caught happened during a recent L.A. Kings hockey game, but at the Lakers game last night, when I asked him about how things were going with the band, he told me that a couple of days ago ADAM had come into the loft with an ending for a particular song that everyone really liked. So, perhaps the musical arrangement for another TOOL song is finished... unless they sometimes write the end of the song first?
  • Options
    seykooooahseykooooah Istanbul Posts: 32
    Tool is an "Unidentified Musical Object"
    God Pearl Jam on you!

July 2, 2012 Prague.
  • Options
    Hahahaha so fucken true
  • Options

I just wanted to say this again. My sails are becoming limp waiting for this band to do anything. If you cannot think of any music to write, then get out and tour a bit. And when you do, change the set list up a bit.

I'm frustrated with these guys.
  • Options
    My buddy attended a wedding a few months ago. His step daughter married the guy that worked on the matrix CGI team. Low and behold, who's a part of the wedding crew and sitting at his table? Adam. So they talk and my buddy tells me that they're still working on that album, gonna finish it up prob before summer. Then he told me something that was music to my ears. When they tour, he's gonna call his step daughters husband and get me some all access passes for the shows. It's good to have friends who are connected. Hahaha.
  • Options
    badbrains wrote: »
    My buddy attended a wedding a few months ago. His step daughter married the guy that worked on the matrix CGI team. Low and behold, who's a part of the wedding crew and sitting at his table? Adam. So they talk and my buddy tells me that they're still working on that album, gonna finish it up prob before summer. Then he told me something that was music to my ears. When they tour, he's gonna call his step daughters husband and get me some all access passes for the shows. It's good to have friends who are connected. Hahaha.

You lucky bastard!

Thanks for the inside scoop.
  • Options
    Wellp...

Another cryptic message to clasp the hands together at the chest and hope: The closer is brought in to get the job done... using everything in his arsenal.

(from the official website dated April 13)
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,933
    I would love to listen to some new Tool by the end of the year!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options

Wellp...

Another cryptic message to clasp the hands together at the chest and hope: The closer is brought in to get the job done... using everything in his arsenal.

Nice, so Maynard is finishing up the vocals.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    End of the year would be nice, but early 2016 is my guess
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Wellp...

That's what I get out of it. He's so fickle though. Who knows? I think we're being strung along.
  • Options

badbrains said:

Wellp...

That's what I get out of it. He's so fickle though. Who knows? I think we're being strung along.
    I think they're actually itching for a new album and tour. What else they doing besides making wine and babies? But this will be the last album no doubt and then they'll either be like pj and play couple weeks a year or fade away. Either way sucks lol
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    badbrains said:

Can I be your +1? You know it's always good to travel with a token (and tokin') Canuck :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

badbrains said:

Can I be your +1? You know it's always good to travel with a token (and tokin') Canuck :)
    He's already taking Godfather. Too late.
  • Options
    benjs said:

badbrains said:

Mite have to have a battle royal with all my buddies asking me to be my +1. Hahaha